Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
heleny

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Zippy and I had our usual short walk knee high in mud though the sun did come out later. He did his usual thing and took me to the hut for treats and cuddles. He is such an endearing little fella - after the treats he came on my lap for cuddles and went to sleep there for about ten minutes. When we got back to his pen I found him some different toys and left him happily chewing on those. Zippy really does need a home and he really would enrich the right person's life. I am hoping that person comes along soon. :crossfingers.gif:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Posted on behalf of Helen Y.

Zippy enjoyed himself at Helen's house today.
IMG_7593.JPG
IMG_7595.JPG
IMG_7596.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

I picked Zippy up yesterday at 8 o'clock and took him home for the day. He settles really well in the car and is very happy to find himself back home with me. Our first walk was to the local pet shop to buy Zippy a few more new toys - he is such a young dog and likes to play. En route and back he was much admired by various people and showed what a friendly little dog he is. He spent much of the day sleeping, sometimes in his basket but usually lying on me. It was a bit of a wrench to take him back to the kennels - Zippy so needs his own home and each time I bring him home for the day I realise more and more what a biddable, affectionate little soul he is and how easily he would fit into most homes - providing there were no cats to chase and no dogs - maybe, in the future, when Zippy is more confident in a home then the issue of dogs could be addressed. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

I am always so disappointed that the weeks go by and Zippy still finds himself in kennel care. He is such a dear little dog - biddable and wanting to please, good company, excellent on walks when I take him home for the occasional day although not so good at the kennels when all he wants is to spend time in the hut. He knows he will get treats and cuddles in there and he is slightly away from the barking and clamour of the kennel block and so manages to relax a bit. He sits on my knee and sometimes goes to sleep. Once settled in a dog free, cat free home Zippy would make a great companion and just so needs that to happen. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Ahh my mate Zippy - it is always such a treat to spend time in his company. Once again he refused to walk very far and so once again we ended up in his favourite place - the hut - where he climbed onto my lap for cuddles and treats. He is always so pleased to see me and is so very endearing. It would be the best thing ever if Zippy were to find the right home - with someone who will be patient and support him while he settles into home life :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Today Zippy and I went for a walk and good fun was had.
Sometimes Zippy doesn't want a big walk and that's ok but today was different so we embraced that mood and set off.
He soon gathered pace and he decided the length and path of walk.
Zippy is a gentle walker and likes to sniff so he can understand his location.
After a while Zippy started to head home but on the way took time to drink from puddles and chew on a bit of grass.
When we got back he decided to stop at the truck for hugs and treats and was more than happy to chill and watch the world go by ,whilst having a fuss made of him.
Cheers for a relaxing time Zippy.
20180401_102900.jpg
20180401_102904.jpg
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

I have posted these photos of Zippy on behalf of Julie. Zippy enjoyed his visit to the pub with Mark and Julie on Sunday.
IMG_0890.JPG
IMG_0891.JPG
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

IMG_7902.JPG
Posted for Helen y
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy and I went for a walk yesterday and he was his usual affectionate self. As usual, however, he did not want to walk far and so we spent most of our time in the hut having cuddles and treats. He is a really dear little soul who likes to sit on your lap. I don't think Zippy likes the mud and there is a lot of it at the moment. Zippy is waiting patiently for the right person to support and love him in a comfortable home environment. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

What a great day for a walk with Zippy.
Today Zippy was in an upbeat mood so we embarked on a fun walk. He climbed onto the new brick pallets and enjoyed jumping from one pallet to the other, then jumped into my arms for a licky fuss and a lift down.
We had a steady jog up the drive and sat and the end of drive to watch the world wizz past.
Zippy enjoyed the time to sit and have a fuss made of him.
On our way back Zippy kept going for shady areas and I wondered if it was the temperature of the tarmac, so I took a shoe of to test it for myself and it was very hot. On the way back we kept to the grass and Zippy was a lot happier.
We sat and relaxed in the truck were Zippy hunted out the treats hidden for him.
Thanks for a fun walk Zippy.
20180422_110142.jpg
20180422_105926.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”