Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
heleny

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

My best mate Zippy - what more can I say about him that hasn't already been said? It was hot yesterday but Zippy still enjoyed his walk through the dappled woodland - stopping for the occasional sniff and roll in the grass. We did not go too far because of the heat but made our way back to the hut for treats and cuddles. He really is developing into such a lovely terrier. I hope someone soon will realise that their lives could be enriched by having a Zippy in it. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Today was a great day as Zippy and I spent it together. I picked him up from the kennels at just gone 8 this morning; he jumped into the car on the back seat ready to be clipped in and we were off. He travels really well in the car - in fact, he seems to positively enjoy little car rides. It was a hot day and Zippy wasn't too bothered about breakfast at first, neither was he too interested in a walk so we had a little amble round the garden and then a little nap. We spent the day relaxing - I occasionally left him on his own but, after a while he whined to join me and we had lots of cuddles with him sitting on my lap. He got hungry later on and wolfed down his food before having yet another little nap. Away from the clamour of the kennel block Zippy likes to catch up on some shut eye. In the afternoon my 90 year old neighbour joined us for a cuppa and Zippy thought she was great. In fact, he jumped up onto her lap and gave her lots of licky kisses. All too soon it was time to take Zippy back as I had to go to collect my cats from the cattery. I felt a bit down as I dropped him off - he had been a perfect house guest, been lovely company and I was sad to see him go. Never mind Zippy I shall be back to walk you next week. That is, unless of course, some clever, discerning person realises how much their life would be enriched by you and takes you home. Everything crossed my special little black patterdale. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Photos posted on behalf of Helen y.
IMG_8482.JPG
Attachments
IMG_8481.JPG
IMG_8507.JPG
IMG_8503.JPG
IMG_8504.JPG
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Today was another chance for me to walk Sir Zippy the Brave ,Charming and Gallant (quite a title but well deserved) and as normal, today all such honors were displayed.
First stop the truck where a good roll about and quick nap were enjoyed, next some treats and a lick of tea,then off for larking about.
Zippy was very hot today and decided on a lay down in the shade. Then Terry walking Troy came along so we had a pack walk. Next we bumped into Kim walking Leo so they joined in as well. All enjoyed a woodland walk.
We stopped near the truck for a cool down before heading back to the kennels.
When I left Zippy he was grinning and happy with his adventure and gave me a few licks for thanks.
What a good chap you are Zippy.
20180708_100822.jpg
Attachments
20180708_100812.jpg
20180708_101156.jpg
20180708_102523.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy and I had a shortish walk yesterday - he lay down thus telling me that he really only wanted to spend time with me in the hut and the paddock. It was too hot and so I can't blame him. He was his usual affectionate, loving self and time spent with Zippy is always brilliant time. Let's hope his special human comes to take him home very soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy and I went straight to the hut for the usual - cuddles and sausages and then to the paddock where he sat on my knee and told me about his week. He really is a friendly, affectionate little Patterdale and really does need his own home. Until that time I shall continue to enjoy his company and the wonderful greetings he gives me when I go into his pen. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Posted on behalf of Helen Y
IMG_8566.JPG
Zippy climbed up onto Gemma, one of our lovely kennel girls, and used her arm as a seat. He is very affectionate especially when he knows and trusts you. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Zippy welcomed me this morning with licks, whimpers, and lots of tail wagging that started at his nose and stopped at the tip of his tail.
He was in a positive mood so we embraced that as it's important to Zippy to start his time out with the right emotion.
Zippy headed for the truck for a roll around on the seats and some treats, he likes having a root about for treats in the truck as there is always something yummy hidden in there.
We set off on the woodland walk where Zippy had a dip in the river and protected me from a terrifying shrew, he was fearless and brave and his gallantry was rewarded with hugs and treats. The shrew escaped and hid elsewhere ( I didn't tell Zippy as he was happy digging from whence the shrew came) After awhile he stopped and looked at me as if to say "I'm sure it's gone now" so we walked some more.
Zippy spotted the fallen tree he likes to have a chill on, so whilst he sat (like a prince on his steed) he was fed treats and reassured about his kindly deeds.
On the way back we met Kim and Timmy Tim and enjoyed their company on the way back to H,Q.
Thank you Sir Zippy the Brave for defending me from the shrew,again. You really are very gallant.
20180722_102321.jpg
Attachments
20180722_102440.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

I love reading about Zippy's adventures with Jim - he has such a great time. Yesterday in the woods Zippy was up for a walk - it was a bit staid but enjoyable and it allowed him to take back to his pen plenty of memories of sniffs. He is such a great little companion on these walks - showing an interest in the sounds in the undergrowth and enjoying lots of rolls in the long grass :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: . Once back in his pen he had treats and cuddles. See you next time Zippy.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I got to have Zippy cuddles and kisses on Friday - we sat in the shade of the tree and he was soooo affectionate and loving, gorgeous friendly little lad love4.gif
P7275351.JPG
P7275352.JPG
Sweetheart xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”