Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Terrierrescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
heleny

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Zippy and I had a shortish walk yesterday - he lay down thus telling me that he really only wanted to spend time with me in the hut and the paddock. It was too hot and so I can't blame him. He was his usual affectionate, loving self and time spent with Zippy is always brilliant time. Let's hope his special human comes to take him home very soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Zippy and I went straight to the hut for the usual - cuddles and sausages and then to the paddock where he sat on my knee and told me about his week. He really is a friendly, affectionate little Patterdale and really does need his own home. Until that time I shall continue to enjoy his company and the wonderful greetings he gives me when I go into his pen. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Posted on behalf of Helen Y
IMG_8566.JPG

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:24 pm

Zippy climbed up onto Gemma, one of our lovely kennel girls, and used her arm as a seat. He is very affectionate especially when he knows and trusts you. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:58 pm

Zippy welcomed me this morning with licks, whimpers, and lots of tail wagging that started at his nose and stopped at the tip of his tail.
He was in a positive mood so we embraced that as it's important to Zippy to start his time out with the right emotion.
Zippy headed for the truck for a roll around on the seats and some treats, he likes having a root about for treats in the truck as there is always something yummy hidden in there.
We set off on the woodland walk where Zippy had a dip in the river and protected me from a terrifying shrew, he was fearless and brave and his gallantry was rewarded with hugs and treats. The shrew escaped and hid elsewhere ( I didn't tell Zippy as he was happy digging from whence the shrew came) After awhile he stopped and looked at me as if to say "I'm sure it's gone now" so we walked some more.
Zippy spotted the fallen tree he likes to have a chill on, so whilst he sat (like a prince on his steed) he was fed treats and reassured about his kindly deeds.
On the way back we met Kim and Timmy Tim and enjoyed their company on the way back to H,Q.
Thank you Sir Zippy the Brave for defending me from the shrew,again. You really are very gallant.
20180722_102321.jpg
Attachments
20180722_102440.jpg

heleny

Post by heleny » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:54 pm

I love reading about Zippy's adventures with Jim - he has such a great time. Yesterday in the woods Zippy was up for a walk - it was a bit staid but enjoyable and it allowed him to take back to his pen plenty of memories of sniffs. He is such a great little companion on these walks - showing an interest in the sounds in the undergrowth and enjoying lots of rolls in the long grass :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: . Once back in his pen he had treats and cuddles. See you next time Zippy.

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:11 pm

I got to have Zippy cuddles and kisses on Friday - we sat in the shade of the tree and he was soooo affectionate and loving, gorgeous friendly little lad love4.gif
P7275351.JPG
P7275352.JPG
Sweetheart xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:36 pm

Zippy welcomed me with his normal cheery wags and licks, so off we went to the truck. On the way he spotted it was raining and today the rain tempered his excitement for a walk somewhat (at the start)
However after treats, hugs and meeting Helen y. Sir Zippy became all brave again hence we swaggered forth gallantly into the dark enchanted woods and down to the river of fear.
We stopped at Zippys favorite shrimp fishing spot (which has dried up at the moment) but then a large moth moved and the Brave Sir Zippy's lightning reflex's and his fighter pilot reactions, defended me from a killer moth the size of a baby pterodactyl. I was very lucky as surely the monster could have flown away with me and that would have been my lot after all I hadn't packed my parachute.
Brave Sir Zippy coughed slightly as he licked his lips. During the torrid ensuing battle Zippy had devoured the flying monster. I believe the moth may have been a bit powdery on the palate so mouth watering treats were issued, much to Zippy's favor. He even gave me one of his best smug grins.
Next we had to cross the bridge of courage, which was guarded by a squeaky squirrel troll. Zippy just gave him a hard stare and that was enough to see the cowardly troll leg it. However the squirrel troll did hurl insults in Latin as he made good his escape.
Then off to the poets hut where Zippy rolled around in one of the beds trying his best to wipe the smug grin off his face so that all the other dogs knew nothing of his daring adventures and triumph over such terrifying beasts.
Every walk can be a laugh with Sir Zippy the Brave as he has a way of larking around that never wanes.

Fast to defend the holder of the lead.
20180729_092406.jpg
See how handsome his smug grin is.
20180729_092509.jpg
Zippy wiping off the smug grin of adventure.
20180729_093210.jpg
What a charmer.
20180729_092507.jpg

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:27 pm

I just love reading about Zippy's adventures with Jim - what an intrepid pair they are! Zippy and I had a great walk today with him enjoying all the sniffs of the woodlands. Once back at the kennels he spent some time looking after my car to give him a break from his pen. Great little chap - hopefully that elusive perfect home will turn up soon. blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif]

Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Zippy was pleased to get away from the noise of the kennels today. He just stood there and let me put his leads on and gave me a few licks. As soon as he was out of the back gate he let out a big sigh, this means he's now relaxed and can focus on having adventures.
We went to the truck where a nap and some treats were had.
Then we set off, we saw Nick and Jan walking Bleu and Pickle so we walked with them for a while. We went our own way after a while and on our return to the kennel area Zippy climbed upon the big sand bag by the bridge and lay down on it. Zippy liked the cool sand on his belly.
However our adventure was about to become much more exciting.
Our first encounter was the squeaky squirrel troll. The Keeper of the Bridge. Brave Sir Zippy gave him a sharp yap and banished the foul beast aloft. With the first challenge of the quest overcome we set off (victoriously) into The Dark Shady Forest of Fear and down to river of Doom for some fishing, However all the water had been stolen. I believe the fat cat we saw earlier had ran off with the river in it's belly.
So we set off ,gallantly to another fishing spot.
We found the new fishing spot and Zippy flung himself straight into the foamy surf of the rapids the deep dark water matching his coat but then the Kraken. I feared this time we had gone to far. Eeeeek
(sorry) oh yes. The Kraken in the form of a tiny shrimp was devoured by Brave Sir Zippy.
He stood there like Poseidon, grinning from ear to tail as the deep water wet his ankles.
Two lady's caught the end of the battle (Kate and Fiona) as I hoist the victor up and carried Brave sir Zippy up the Cliff of Peril (slight incline) they rewarded the triumphant Zippy with warmth and sausage bits.
Thanks for the adventure Zippy you really are an ace.

Zippy braves the deep water and hunts the Kraken.
20180805_092500.jpg
Look how handsome the victorious Sir Zippy the Brave is, Look really carefully as there may be a bit of Kraken on his lip.
20180805_092641.jpg

Return to “3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”