Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Terrierrescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
Jim Thomas

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jim Thomas » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:53 pm

Sunday and a chance to get Zippy out. Zippy was good fun today as the sun decided to grace his presence.
He knew where he wanted to start the walk, in the car getting treats and fuss.
We trotted all the way up the drive only slowing to meet and greet other walkers. On the way back I was determined to get Zippy to run like the wind on an extremely windy day.
Success was hard fought but worth it, at last Zippy stood up to his name. He ran flat out for a short distance but in an orderly fashion, unlike most Terriers that have a habit of getting under one's feet.
Slightly out of breath (me not Zippy) we trundled to a walk and a returned to the car to see if he could find that elusive treat that fallen down by the gear stick.
A rather smug Zippy grinned as he chewed his fluffy treat.
Great walk today Zippy.
Attachments
20180128_131431.jpg
20180128_131458.jpg
20180128_131514.jpg

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:34 pm

0093.gif great photos Jim - thank you. Zippy is such a great little chap once he gets to know and trust you. It doesn't take long. It always seems to be raining recently when I take him out and so we always end in the hut where he enjoys treats and cuddles. Time he found his home.
crying1.gif]

heleny

Post by heleny » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:35 pm

Zippy came to spend the day with me again today and he has been the perfect little house guest even though he was feeling under par. He always asked to go out to toilet and enjoyed two walks during which he did not react at all to two other dogs we met. He wasn't too keen on having his much needed bath but put up with it. Away from the noise and clamour of the kennel block Zippy is a different dog - always well behaved - kennel life, as we know, does not suit Zippy at all. It is taking its toll on his health and well being despite everyone's best efforts. He really needs a home where he can be the only dog and where he is loved, nurtured and supported by some lovely person - Zippy deserves to have his happy ending and I hope that comes very soon. :crossfingers.gif:

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:52 pm

Posted on behalf of Helen Y.
IMG_7192.JPG
IMG_7193.JPG
IMG_7194.JPG
IMG_7197.JPG
IMG_7198.JPG
IMG_7199.JPG

Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Sunday and time for Zippy. This little chap greeted me with bright eyes and an outgoing expression.
First stop,car and treats. After a good rummage around in truck he found a few treats I hid for him. His nose was now engaged the primary sense which leads a dog forward, we left for our walk. Zippy walked to heel and was mild mannered but today there was an electricity in the air that brought the best out in Zippy. Maybe it was the sun and birds chirping or perhaps the feeling of a spring day. Anyhow Zippy was having a great walk on a sunny day and he was like a ray of sunshine.
Thanks for a great walk Zippy.
Attachments
20180204_102841.jpg
20180204_102834.jpg

Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:00 pm

Zippy saw me talking to Kevin the Staffie and knew it was soon to be his walk time.
He welcomed me with a hoppy waggy whimper. so I let him settle a bit then hooked him up and got a huge hug and licks. Now that's how to start a walk.
Zippy was fantastic today, he walked with a swagger and was interested in everything. He found treats I hid in the truck for him.
Then Zippy found a toad by the bridge. He really wanted the toad to have a game with him but I don't think that he could work out how such an interesting beast could smell quite that bad.
He drank from the occasional puddle most likely to get rid of toad stink and was great with everyone he met.
He got to sniff around a tractor and ignored a truck with hissy breaks.
We got a bit mugged by some dogs off lead but he wasn't fussed with any of that kind of thing.
The sun had warmed him up and he got a long walk.
Even if toads are a bit weird to Zippy it was another fun walk. Thank you Zippy.
Attachments
20180211_103129.jpg
20180211_103114.jpg

heleny

Post by heleny » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:58 pm

0093.gif :nicethread.gif: Thank you Jim - great to know Zippy had such a fun time. :crossfingers.gif: he gets his home soon.

heleny

Post by heleny » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:09 am

Zippy came home with me on Saturday for a day of warmth and calm. He spent a lot of the time sleeping but did enjoy several walks when he was much admired by passers by who commented on his friendliness and when he showed his manners by sitting on the kerb before he crossed the road. Zippy does not thrive in kennels and he has aged beyond his years and so it was nice to see him playing with toys, with lots of tail wags and delighted little sounds. He was the perfect house guest letting me know when he needed to go out, eating everything with relish that I put before him, and generally speaking being extremely good company. On his days home to me he has his own little room (my cats don't like him very much!) and this time I was able to leave him in there for short periods of time while I got on with a few chores. He really is a needy, worthy little dog. His future owner must have terrier experience and Zippy would soon add to that. His future owner would be blessed with the company of a little friendly, energetic dog who would enrich his life with his quirky ways and his loyal, affectionate nature. Please if you are considering giving a dog a home think about Zippy. [0128.gif]
There will be photos of Zippy's next visit.

heleny

Post by heleny » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:23 am

Zippy and I had our usual walk and time spent in the hut with lots of cuddles and treats. It was incredibly muddy and so I seemed to spend time carrying this little dog during the walk. He wants companionship more than exercise at the moment. When he comes home for the occasional day he enjoys his walks much more. He really does need that right home to come along as kennels are not his thing. crying1.gif] crying1.gif] :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:29 pm

Today was sunny and Zippy adores a sunny day, I was welcomed by a calm and attentive manner and afforded a hug and a nuzzle.
With Zippy in a great mood off we went. First stop the truck for some treat hunting then a waggy trot down the drive.
In the wood there were squirrels, so we stopped for a while and watched them play.
A long walk was had so a trip to the poets hut was in order,this gave Zippy a chance for a hug and a dog nap.
Thanks for a relaxed walk Zippy.
Attachments
20180225_093935.jpg
20180225_094057.jpg

heleny

Post by heleny » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:33 pm

Zippy enjoyed his little walk today and enjoyed time in the hut even more. He is a lovely character and needs to be given the chance to show how much love he can give. He really does need and deserve a home and has been more than patient. He was fine with traffic today and showed little reaction when he saw other dogs. Fingers crossed, indeed everything crossed, that Zippy won't have to wait much longer. :crossfingers.gif:

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:27 pm

Zippy and I had our usual short walk knee high in mud though the sun did come out later. He did his usual thing and took me to the hut for treats and cuddles. He is such an endearing little fella - after the treats he came on my lap for cuddles and went to sleep there for about ten minutes. When we got back to his pen I found him some different toys and left him happily chewing on those. Zippy really does need a home and he really would enrich the right person's life. I am hoping that person comes along soon. :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”