Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
heleny

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

:nicethread.gif: 0093.gif Thank you Jim for those brilliant photos of Zippy.
Zippy came home to spend the day with me today and had a really relaxing time. He slept alot - away from the noise and clamour of the kennel block he can obviously relax. We have had several walks and the good news is that Zippy has not reacted at all to any dog we saw or met. We came across a friend of mine who was walking her chocolate lab and Zippy just sat at my feet whilst we chatted. There was none of the redirecting at my legs which is what would have happened without a doubt near the kennels. He really is an ideal little house guest - lets you know if he needs to go out, can be left on his own in a room while I got on with stuff, eats everything you put in front of him, plays happily with toys on his own, and is so very, very affectionate. He is a lovely little dog and needs a home asap as he has waited far too long and kennel life is beginning to take its toll. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Photos posted on behalf of Helen y.
IMG_8046.JPG
IMG_8043.JPG
IMG_8041.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

Thank you so much for posting the photos Jim. Zippy has really been such a good boy today. We took him to the pub for an early dinner tonight and he just went to sleep after having had lots of cuddles on my knee. I have just taken him back to kennels and now am feeling a bit down. Fingers crossed for a happy homing for him soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Zippy enjoyed a woodland walk with Christine on Friday, accompanied in part but little Jack patt, 2 patterdales together :D
P4274360.JPG
P4274363.JPG
Lovely Zippy out in front thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Zippy was happy to get away form all the barking dogs today and after a hunt for treats in the truck, we set off.
On our trot up the drive Zippy sensed something moving in the verge and unlike Brave Sir Robin he investigated it. However once he discovered it was a Shrew,he turned into Brave Sir Robin and gallantly chickened out.
Our walk got to the end of the drive and by now Zippy was in need of a cuddle, so he rested in my arms as his tummy was tickled.
Zippy watched the traffic on the road creep past. He smugly taunted the drivers with a grin of enjoyment as he was enjoying life much more than them,judging by their faces.
He was happy to have a quick woodland walk but he knew treats would be in the truck, so after a few more treats he mugged me with kisses and hugs.
Thanks for a good laugh Zippy, you really are most charming.

Arrharr Jim. I'm going to get you.
20180429_103906(1).jpg
Got ya.
20180429_103908.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy responded to yesterday's sunshine by wanting a long walk through the woods. We had our usual kiss, cuddle, treats in the poet's hut and then set off for about an hour through the woods. He seemed to really enjoy the walk and was, as usual, well behaved and excellent company. It is my weekly treat to walk this dog - I look forward to his lovely greeting and any time spent with him. My dearest wish would be that Zippy's special human find him soon as he continues to get stressed within the kennel environment and really needs his own special person. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Today Zippy was very sleepy so a few licks of my tea and some treats then a 5 minute power nap was in order.
a.jpg
Once he awoke a new Zippy was on the case.
b.jpg
Now for a play around and a roll in the grass, then off for Patterdale type laughs.
c.jpg
Great fun was had and Zippy enjoyed a long walk, Today he was much braver than I had ever seen before (not emulating Brave Sir Robin one bit)
d.jpg
The wee critter escaped (unnoticed by Zippy the gallant) so a decoy critter was dropped among the logs (in the form of a bit of sausage).
He hunted this down and devoured it with gusto then trotted around for the rest of the walk with a swagger of confidence and pride.
e.jpg
The new confident Zippy the Gallant (hunter of the treat and defender of the logs) What a hero and joy to walk.
Thanks Zippy for a great time.
f.jpg
See how handsome he is.
heleny

Post by heleny »

I love Zippy's greeting when I open his pen door. He really does treat me like his special friend. We enjoyed our usual time in the poet's hut and then managed quite a long walk through the woods. Zippy seems to be calmer when he spies other dogs in the great outdoors - it is only in the kennel block that he becomes so stressed. The weeks go by and I always wish that this will be the week that this great little terrier finds his supportive owner - someone who will love him enough to allow him time and space to settle. Let's hope that happens soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Zippy welcomed me in the most charming of ways today. He really is a jolly nice chap.
He got to the truck and had a few treats and some fuss, then lay down for a quick scrub up and a power nap.
20180513_104540.jpg
20180513_104816.jpg
Once all dandy and refreshed we set off for a walk which gathered in speed and momentum.
Zippy was in top spirits today and that always inspires me to have an adventure, so we took paths untested and found pastures new.
We found ourselves on the sent of deer but ended up fishing for fresh water shrimp, at which Zippy excelled.
20180513_110229.jpg
Zippy the shrimp fisher. A new skill successfully mastered.
20180513_110215.jpg
Much better too catch shrimp than a deer as Zippy would struggle to eat a whole deer.
Thanks for a great walk Zippy.
heleny

Post by heleny »

I love this boy. He is such a character, so loving and now is decidedly up for walks which is great as it means we can enjoy time away from the clamour of the kennels. We went into the woods yesterday and Zippy enjoyed the sniffs in the sunshine. We met several dogs and Zippy remained calm and detached, standing by me. The best thing in the world would be for him to find his supportive home where he is loved enough to be allowed time and space to settle. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”