Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jim Thomas

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jim Thomas »

Zippy is such a happy, great fun dog for having adventures with, after he's had a nap. He likes to have a rest and a drinky before we go larking about.
Today I discovered that Zippy prefers tea over coffee as do most dogs. However he still adores wee bits of sausage and hugs even after coffee.
It was a bit hot when I got around to walking Zippy but we made the most of it. He had a dip in the stream, where instead of fishing for shrimp he decided to lay down so the water could cool him. I almost expected a hissing sound as he was very warm, a bit like when one pours cold water into a hot pan. After we had a calm and relaxing walk through the wood we returned for a nap in the car. Zippy relaxes and ignores all if there is some music playing in the background.
I really enjoy my time with Zippy and I know there is a lucky human somewhere who's life would be excellent if Zippy was with them.
Zippy is a very easy dog to get along with and is looking for a human now. Plus he's really very handsome and quite gallant.
His demands are some walks, not big ones. Hugs, cuddles, a radio if alone. food and water, a little bit of messing around.
I bet your demands are more. Mine are and Zippy has learn't how to get on with me. I bet he'd learn your demands and excel at them.
20180527_125845.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Brilliant write up and photos as always - thank you Jim. You have captured Zippy's little character and soul in what you say. He came home with me for the day yesterday and his demands were once again very few. He has to have cuddles but not all the time - very often he is happy to be left with the tele on in the background. He seemed very tired - I think that once away from the clamour and noise of the kennel block he relaxes and just wants to sleep. I managed to get him out for a walk although he wasn't as keen as usual to do so - it was quite hot and he was very sleepy. He enjoyed his food and treats and, later in the day, he did rouse himself to play with a ball. Other than that yesterday was a day for cuddles, sleep, cuddles, sleep. When we met people with dogs on our walk there was little reaction, if any, from Zippy. It saddens me that he is still in kennels as I know that someone out there is missing out on this affectionate, characterful little terrier - let's hope that that someone special comes along very soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Thank you Helen for giving Zippy some time away from kennels. He really is more up for larking around when he's had time away.

Zippy was in an upbeat mood today so after having some snacks and hug we set off.We had a jog up the drive ,then walked around the woodland walk. Zippy came across a new bridge where he sat and watched squirrels and birds for awhile then explored a fallen tree. He enjoyed sitting the the upturned roots watching and listening to the wildlife. He had a shrimp catching session and a jolly splash about in the stream. When Zippy is in this frame of mind messing around and enjoying life is easy.
Zippy wanted to go back after a rest in the poets hut but we stopped by truck on the way back so he could relax before his return to kennels.
Thank you Zippy for some great fun exploring and good fun adventures.
20180603_092940.jpg
20180603_093035.jpg
20180603_093458.jpg
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Helen sent me some photo's of Zippy relaxing at her house on Saturday.
IMG_8253.JPG
IMG_8255.JPG
IMG_8256.JPG
Posted on behalf of Helen y
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy was up for a long walk this morning and positively raced through the woodland paths - he was in a really upbeat mood - quite a change from the lethargic chappie who spent the day with me last Saturday. We met one or two dogs and Zippy behaved himself well with no reactivity. He is always good company as he is so affectionate and appreciative and I really enjoy my walks with him. Once back in his pen he munched on a few treats before we said our goodbyes - until the next time. There is someone out there whose life would be enriched by the companionship of this dear little dog. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Zippy won a new friend in Maria yesterday, lovely time in poets hut and playing ball in the paddock thumbs.gif
4999142A-2376-49BF-B6D7-A9C494C57548.jpeg
119DDE8A-B11E-4F0B-877B-4EE569783E59.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy and I had a good hour's walk through the woods today. He kept stopping to roll around in the grass which was so nice for him on a hot day. We met walker April with Blossom at one point and Zippy did not react at all. Otherwise it was an uneventful, calm walk - even the squirrels did not get Zippy's attention. He really would make a great little companion for someone who wants to take home a loyal, affectionate, fun loving little terrier. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

I was glad to have my Zippy fix again today. He was my first walk of the day and we both enjoyed being outside, walking fairly fast through the woods, before it got too hot. He really loves to have a good sniff in the grass and shows an interest in wild life without being too excited. Once back at the kennels Zippy stayed in my car for a while to give him a change of scene and then I took him back to his pen for his breakfast. He is a lovely boy and would so enrich someone's life. He would need support while he adjusts from kennel life but he would repay such support with great love and affection. :smiley-bounce016.gi:
heleny

Post by heleny »

My best mate Zippy - what more can I say about him that hasn't already been said? It was hot yesterday but Zippy still enjoyed his walk through the dappled woodland - stopping for the occasional sniff and roll in the grass. We did not go too far because of the heat but made our way back to the hut for treats and cuddles. He really is developing into such a lovely terrier. I hope someone soon will realise that their lives could be enriched by having a Zippy in it. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Today was a great day as Zippy and I spent it together. I picked him up from the kennels at just gone 8 this morning; he jumped into the car on the back seat ready to be clipped in and we were off. He travels really well in the car - in fact, he seems to positively enjoy little car rides. It was a hot day and Zippy wasn't too bothered about breakfast at first, neither was he too interested in a walk so we had a little amble round the garden and then a little nap. We spent the day relaxing - I occasionally left him on his own but, after a while he whined to join me and we had lots of cuddles with him sitting on my lap. He got hungry later on and wolfed down his food before having yet another little nap. Away from the clamour of the kennel block Zippy likes to catch up on some shut eye. In the afternoon my 90 year old neighbour joined us for a cuppa and Zippy thought she was great. In fact, he jumped up onto her lap and gave her lots of licky kisses. All too soon it was time to take Zippy back as I had to go to collect my cats from the cattery. I felt a bit down as I dropped him off - he had been a perfect house guest, been lovely company and I was sad to see him go. Never mind Zippy I shall be back to walk you next week. That is, unless of course, some clever, discerning person realises how much their life would be enriched by you and takes you home. Everything crossed my special little black patterdale. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”