Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
Chapmania

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

Jim was unable to make it to the kennels today so I had the rare opportunity to walk ZIppy. I had the most amazing welcome from him as I entered his kennel. As I bent down Zippy jumped up onto my lap and gave me lots of kisses. Zippy was quite happy to be going out for a walk and was more than happy to run along with me as I started jogging trying to get him in the mood for a nice walk. Sometimes Zippy isn't keen on going very far and unfortunately today was one of those days. He made it quite clear that he just wanted to lay down in the grass and relax. I had big plans for our walk today but sadly Zippy wasn't interested in adventures. It was nice and sunny so Zippy was more than happy to relax and have a snooze away from the hectic kennel environment. He enjoyed having a good roll in the grass and having cuddles and sausages. It is always a pleasure to spend time with Zippy love4.gif xx
20180909_114049.jpg
20180909_114106.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

No day at the kennels would be complete without spending time with Zippy. We have got into a routine - he is always the first walk of my day so he can spend time out of his pen and in my car to give him a change of scene afterwards. It was a lovely day yesterday and Zippy responded to the sunshine by wanting to walk quite far and reasonably fast - sometimes he just prefers to dawdle and sniff. Once in the car and settled with treats and water we had our usual cuddles. He is a very affectionate little dog. I so wish he would find his own home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

This is the first time I have walked Zippy, once away from the kennels he relaxed. we walked to the Poet's hut, and he decided that he wanted to chill in the sunshine. He had a good roll in the grass, then climbed onto my lap for a cuddle. He is such a sweet boy very affectionate, hopefully Zippy will find the right home that he will be loved in. :crossfingers.gif:
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Sir Zippy the Brave snuggled into me and gracefully allowed me to put on his leads and things today as if to say "come on, it's time for an adventure" So we embraced that emotion and set of to the truck, for some tea and a quick power nap.
Once he had a quick snooze and some tea, we set off.
I was aware that he was up for larking around by the manner in his stride, so off to pastures new. Gallantly he strode through the Dark Enchanted Woods of Fear, then along the wobbly Path of Peril. Not once did he flinch during the onslaught of wheeled beasts as they whizzed by.
Now all that know the charming Sir Zippy the Brave and are aware of acts of daring and audaciousness, he would never shy from any challenge. So the most valorous of all tasks was to be undertaken. (his choice)
We were aware that the Beast that lurks in the deep dark River of Ghosts was devouring the innocent souls of daytime, so Sir Zippy the Brave had to correct this in the form of an ultimatum.
First we bated the Beast with a few tiny bits of sausage (Zippy was gracious, although he looked on with a furrowed brow) and as the Beast lay lurking in ambush Zippy prepared his best reprimand.
Then as quick as a flash it was over.
Two steps into the water by Sir Zippy the Brave and the Beast did leg it (if a Megalodon's had legs) anyway it chickened out in a fishy way.
Brave Sir Zippy was victorious and so was lifted high like the champion he is and all before him cheered. A banquet was held and the jesters did jest. The beast had fled and all who used the river were safe, what a hero and a role model. From now on the beast would be known as chicken fish and even the children would goad and taunt ex beast away.
Now that's how to have an adventure.

Whoever be the lucky human that commands Zippy would never fear in times of peril. Are you human enough to match his bravery or are you a chicken fish.

Zippy hunts the beast using lures. Crafty.
20180916_092125.jpg

Zippy spots foul Beast.
20180916_092130.jpg
See the Beast leg it in a fishy way from Sir Zippy the Brave (aka. the gallant, charming and handsome)
20180916_094120.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Ha ha! Amazing photos and tales of such adventures. He is indeed a truly special (and brave) little dog. Come on special human for special Zippy - please find this little dog and home him. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

What joy it was to meet up again with Zippy after quite a few weeks away from the kennels. He was pleased to see me too I think. Over the past week I have walked him a few times and we have enjoyed time in the woods with Zippy being a typical terrier and sniffing everything in sight. He really is a dear little dog. I know he needs the right home but that home is surely just around the corner - someone who will love and respect him and give him time and space to settle; someone without another dog and who has a garden which is Zippy proof. Come on that special someone - Zippy needs a home before the cold of the winter sets in. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I have had a few weeks off from walking and it was great to see Zippy again today. His little tail was wagging like mad when he saw me. When I went into his kennel he came straight up for a cuddle and gave me kisses. Zippy knew exactly the route that he wanted me to take today as we set off. It wasn't long before he took me to the Poets Hut. ZIppy loves time away from the kennels and all he wanted was to sit on the sofa next to me snuggling up for cuddles. Once Zippy has had his chill out time he is happy to continue to walk. It's always a pleasure to spend time with Zippy love4.gif xx
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy enjoyed his walk today. The sun was shining and so we went for quite a long walk so Zippy could take the memory of some sniffs back to his pen with him. We ended up in the poet's hut having cuddles and a few treats. Zippy has been in kennel care for ages and ages and really needs a home. He is a young dog who is aging in kennels. He wears a muzzle on walks because he can re-direct onto his walker when he sees another dog. This is kennel life which has taken its toll. Zippy is affectionate and endearing away from the noise of the kennel block. I have taken him home for the occasional day and he is always pleased to meet people and indeed to jump on their laps and kiss them. It is a shame and a waste that he is always being overlooked and that he does not have a comfortable home and people to love. [cry.gif]
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Zippy was my first walk of the day, I got a lovely greeting from him, he wanted to walk to the poet's hut, where he had a relaxing lay down on the sofa, he loves a cuddle and he is so affectionate. As Helen mentions he is wasted in the kennels, he would flourish in the right home, and shower you with love. It would be wonderful to see Zippy in his own home :crossfingers.gif:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Another wonderful welcome from Zippy on Sunday as I went to collect him for his walk. Zippy enjoyed a walk in the woods but instead of wanting to go further afield as is often the case, Zippy wanted to go to the Poets Hut. A lot of our dogs love to visit it as it offers them peace and quiet away from the busy kennel environment. Zippy loves to roll about on the furniture and have a good stretch out. Once he has done that he likes to cuddle up with you and have a snooze. It is Zippy's walk and I am more than happy for him to decide where he wants to go and what he wants to do. I really enjoy my time with Zippy love4.gif xx
20181118_130206.jpg
20181118_130209.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”