Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
heleny

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Lovely photos :thanks.gif: Zippy was my first walk of the morning and we managed to make it to the Keeper's Cottage (which is as far as Zippy will go). I had to carry him over the very muddy bits as Zippy does not like mud on his paws! He seemed a bit subdued today - maybe he is getting tired of waiting for that elusive home? However, he did enjoy quite a few sniffs and then some treats back in his pen. All my Christmases would have come at once were this dear little dog to get the right home - one where he is safe and secure and where his human will manage all situations so he can be given time and space to settle. This little dog deserves that. That human is out there. He/she just hasn't found Zippy yet. :goodluck.gif: :goodluck.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy doesn't like the rain and he certainly doesn't like the mud so it is to his absolute credit that he braved both today so he could go for a walk with me. He is such a dear little character. After the walk we had our usual cuddles and treats in the hut - that is the nearest this little dog gets to anything which remotely resembles a home. He so needs his own home. I wish he would find it soon. [cry.gif] :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy gave me his usual lovely greeting today and off we set into the woods for our usual fairly short walk. He prefers to spend his time on my lap in the hut and so, of course, we did that. Once back in his pen he did his usual diving into his bed before gobbling his treats. Kennel life in the winter can be cold and not cosy - this little dog so needs a home. I just wonder when the special person who will adopt him will make themselves known to Zippy. [cry.gif] :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy doesn't like the rain nor the mud and he is very clear about letting you know this. We had our usual time in the hut where Zippy lavished affection on me and rolled around in the basket there. Little more to say really. He needs a home - he is affectionate, loving, but dog reactive. He needs to be the only dog and to have a secure garden. He would be an easy dog to accommodate once these strictures are met and I just don't understand why he is still in kennel care. [cry.gif]
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

As soon as Zippy sees me approaching his kennel he gets very excited. Once inside he leaps up onto my lap and gives me welcoming kisses. Today it was a bit damp and very muddy. As Helen has said, Zippy really isn't a fan of both so he isn't up for a long walk. He heads straight to the Poets Hut where he likes to have a good roll in the basket, jumps up onto the sofa, and likes to have cuddles before he has a quick snooze! Zippy was a little reluctant to go very far but I managed to get him to walk round the woods. Zippy bonds well with his regular walkers and we are his best friends. He really doesn't ask for much. An experienced owner of this breed with lots of love and understanding. Love you Zippy love4.gif xx
20181223_110632.jpg
20181223_110658.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Friday and Zippy was my little Christmas indulgence love4.gif

Zippy is usually on others walking list but Friday I got the joy, what a Christmas treat :D

We set off round the woodland walk, no hesitation from the Zipster until we were about to pass the poets hut, err no you don’t said Zippy in the clearest doggie language possible ! It was clear we were going to go into the poets hut so that’s what we did !
B73A2A22-0EEF-45A6-B04B-EDE380535867.jpeg
17575E2F-F75E-4877-8B05-83F11FF125B3.jpeg
DDBE0E8D-FC3D-4FED-B21F-91C77FBF3077.jpeg
Lovely kisses for me xxx
0D03F80E-4648-441F-9D82-EEB85799F428.jpeg
Then more sniffs of the undergrowth as we continued on our walkies ...
AC137611-36D3-4C72-BF54-CC4E27AB1802.jpeg
Happy Christmas Zippy xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Zippy was my first walk today, it was lovely to see him, we went to the poet's hut for a cuddle and time away from the noise of the kennels. Zippy likes to engage with you for a tummy rub and a cuddle. This dear little lad so desperately needs a loving home, he would shower you with love :smiley-bounce016.gi:
heleny

Post by heleny »

I walked Zippy today for the first time since mid-December. What more can we say about him? He so needs a home and just relishes the cuddles and attention he always gets in the poet's hut. Away from the clamour of the main kennel block he is a different dog - giving and receiving positive attention. To me, he is no longer terrier like in his behaviours. He needs his own home. :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Zippy and I enjoyed our usual bit of time together. I tried to get him to walk a bit further but gave up as all he wanted was quality time in the hut. As soon as we get in there he dives into the dog basket and has fun squirming around in it and then it is up onto my lap for face licks and cuddles. I wonder when his special person will come along to take Zippy home. I get a bit discouraged that he is having to wait so long and I expect he does too. angel13.gif] love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Once again my day was enriched by spending a bit of time with Zippy today. He walked for a bit and then wanted to go to the hut where he knows I will take off his muzzle for treats and licks. He is very affectionate and sits on my knee just wanting to kiss me. He has to wear his muzzle around other dogs as kennel life has taken its toll and Zippy will redirect onto his walker. Apart from that, he is a dear little boy - so affectionate and so wanting human company. His time surely for his own home? :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”