Izzy JRT DofB 24.03.14 Mortimer Reading

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Izzy JRT DofB 24.03.14 Mortimer Reading

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Izzy78.jpg
Izzy's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Izzy is now neutered; chipped & fully vaccinated. Izzy came into our Rescue 30.01.17 & was in boarding kennels nr Chessington & Broxbourne; then fostered in Hemel Hempstead

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Izzy's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Izzy04_130756.jpg
Izzy04.jpg
Izzy12.jpg
Izzy's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 25.01.17 : Female Jack Russell found straying East Kent 19 Jan 17. Please can you help? Tx
Izzy.jpg
Izzy comes into our care tomorrow 30th Jan
Chapmania

Re: Izzy JRT DofB ?2014 East Kent pound comes tomorrow

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family, Izzy love4.gif xx
Tim

Re: Izzy JRT DofB ?2014 East Kent pound comes Tuesday

Post by Tim »

:welcome.gif:

Looks a sweetie, I must admit I do like the Tri coloured terriers

Tim
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Christinetully

Re: Izzy JRT DofB ?2014 East Kent pound comes tomorrow

Post by Christinetully »

Such a cute little girl ... like all of our canine friends she deserves a lucky break! :welcome.gif:
xxlynne

Re: Izzy JRT DofB ?2014 Chessington Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Izzy came out for a lovely walk in the park yesterday. She started with meeting and walking with Skip (Trixie) and the intermingled well and she exchanged a little muzzle lick and look very relaxed to be in another dog's presence. Izzy was initially wary of human contact and in the 1st 10 mins of the walk she seems to seek to hide her self under bushes and visibly flinched like a an electric shock was being delivered with any attempt to gently touch.

Within 20 minutes I was able to lift Izzy up and cuddle her and kiss her cheeks and she relaxed considerabily ready for our walk to the park.

Around the roads she seemed alert but resigned to cars passing and people with their dogs around. I picked up a small sharp stone which was on the path to place it in amongst other stones soon after, and she became very concerned as it I had picked up a weapon. I thought to myself surely not, and continued to walk with it hidden in my closed hand and she began circling around in an attempt to shield herself for any possible onslaught and as I placed the stone back amongst its companions on a house pathway she gradually relaxed back down.

In the park I took 3 videos the first I was exploring any potential 'connectiveness'. This si something we have to test and promote with any nervous dogs and encourage to return to handler just in case handlers fall; breaking of lead or failure of clipped contact. I was pleasantly surprised that Izzy heard my call and how easily she return into my sphere of touch.

The 2nd video I tried to capture a further development whereby she had the confidence to approach me and place her paws on my knee to achieve comfort and positive exchange of affections. You can see how relaxed she is becoming after only 30 mins walk so far

Finally I had to suddenly seize the moment after Izzy showed spontaneity as she frolicked and ran and 'let her fur down' in the joy of the walk. She was then distracted as Dougie rushed over and noisily met Izzy which she was cool about.

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Some pictures from our walk together
Izzy01.jpg
Izzy02.jpg
Izzy03.jpg
Izzy04.jpg
Izzy05.jpg
Izzy06.jpg
Izzy07.jpg
Izzy08.jpg
Izzy09.jpg
Izzy10.jpg
Izzy11.jpg
Izzy12.jpg
Izzy13.jpg
Izzy14.jpg
Izzy15.jpg
Izzy16.jpg
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

0093.gif Such a beautiful girl love4.gif xx
Linda

Post by Linda »

Wow....Izzy so beautiful. Great to see the three videos and photos on her thread....progress already made from wary little girl to more confident and happy. Well done RR, brilliant rescue. love4.gif :dog_running-186.gif:
Val/Norman

Post by Val/Norman »

We had the pleasure of meeting this little girl on Monday, yes a little nervous but nothing some tlc would not cure. She is lovely.
jules

Post by jules »

Videos show what a lovely girl Izzy is. She just needs gentle care to let her confidence to come through as she has a very kind look in her eyes. Makes one want to scoop her up and ...... come on forever home make her and your lives complete, forever. Xxxxxx :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”