Lester Patterdale DofB Feb 2012 Tadley Hants

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Lester Patterdale DofB Feb 2012 Tadley Hants

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Lester90.jpg
Lester's Story : Lester's owner did not have him under control in public so he was seized and is now released to Terrier Rescue as a responsible Rescue: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Lester is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Lester was in boarding Guildford Kenns then in foster as an only dog

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Lester's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Lester4.jpg
Lester24.JPG
Lester53.JPG
Lester's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. "male Patterdale, approximately 4 years old. Seems a nice chap. Has been out parallel walking with a Collie - no signs of aggression seen by kennel staff. Lester was seized following an incident, where we understand that Lester got into a fight with another dog in the street off lead outside his home and in the confusion bit a person's shoe.
The attachment Lester.jpg is no longer available
Leicester.jpg
Leicester 51.jpg
Chapmania

Re: Lester Patterdale DofB Feb 2012 Midlands Pound comes soo

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Lester xx :smiley-gen132.gif:
MrsP

Re: Lester Patterdale DofB Feb 2012 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

Lester is a wonderful little dog, he has absolutely no edge to him and is super cute. He trots along at the side of you with the occasional snuffling session. We passed quite a few dogs of varying sizes and Lester was waggy, relaxed and friendly. No problem with cars, joggers, bikes etc and is the most voice & treat responsive terrier I've met.
We did a little photo session with our resident super-snapper Johan and I can't wait to see the photos because Lester demonstrated a perfect sit, paw and beg which melted our hearts. Lester is in pretty poor condition at the moment, he's thin and his lovely scruffy coat is quite patchy. I can't wait to see him get healthy, happy and HOMED!

Here he is with new walker Andrew as a bit of a taster of better pictures to come love4.gif
Lester.jpg
pits

Lester Patterdale DofB Feb 2012 Guildford Kenns

Post by pits »

Lester is a tiny little chap, from the short time I saw him he seemed well behaved, good and quiet. Here's some photos I took of him earlier:
Teddy bear face
Teddy bear face
lester2.jpg
lester3.jpg
lester4.jpg
lester5.jpg
lester6.jpg
lester7.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

100% Patterdale scrumminess love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
kashers

Post by kashers »

Aw bless little Lester. We will get you happy and healthy in your new home. I am looking forward to saying hello at the weekend. xxx
jackierollinson

Post by jackierollinson »

I had the pleasure of walking gentle Lester today, what a lovely little chap he is. On entering his kennel I was greeted with lots of cuddles and kisses, he was keen to show me his new ball. I threw it quite a few times in his run. He retrieved it, bringing it back to me every time very excited to show me he could. :dog_running-186.gif: He was so easy to harness and eager to go exploring, on exiting his run he wasn't bothered passing all the other dogs in the kennels. He's so gentle on the lead, a delight to walk. Very well behaved crossing the roads, listened well to instructions. Let's hope you get the loving home soon you deserve little chap. love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

What a little sweetheart love4.gif

Lynne was passing by the other day and popped in, Lester was in the dog mobile, no way I wasn't meeting this little one woo.gif]
So Lester enjoyed some garden time and some treats, one happy patti !!!
DSC03052.JPG
DSC03033.JPG
DSC03022.JPG
DSC03038.JPG
DSC03028.JPG
DSC03037.JPG
Quite the poser isn't he !!!
DSC03023.JPG
"Just like that " !!!
"Just like that " !!!
DSC03027.JPG
DSC03051.JPG
DSC03039.JPG
Likes a snack !
DSC03053.JPG
Lovely to meet you Lester love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
kashers

Post by kashers »

Being a pattie girl I was excited to meet little Lester on hearing such lovely things about him. I was not disappointed and oh my goodness what a heartbreaker. Firstly to add to his cuteness he has a little "house" in his kennel which obviously makes him feel safe and secure, he welcomed me into his kennel. He was a little harness shy and kept running away. Anyway after very little time we got there and started our walk. He exited the kennel no problem but was slightly nervous bless him and needed a little persuasion. There was a very scary Germany shepherd out in the car park which caused him to cower and cry but after a cuddle, a kiss and a few encouraging words we quickly moved on. He crossed the busy road well and we walked with Buddy and Dani. We had a lovely walk and both boys walked happily together. We met a couple of fellow kennel mates on our way and little Lester was perfect.

On our return to his kennel I gave him a little rub down and cuddle. He really enjoyed this and rubbed himself all over me. He then went down his run and looked at his tennis ball. I said go and get it then. He brought it to me and we played a lovely game of fetch with a lovely waggy tail.

Lester is 100% scrummy. He is full of affection, super cute and I totally fell in love with him (don't tell my boy cracker though!). He is a little on the skinny side and his coat patchy but beautifully soft and he could really do with a lovely home to have love and care he deserves.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”