Foxy (Jake) Toy Terrier type DofB ? 2013 Clapham

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Foxy (Jake) Toy Terrier type DofB ? 2013 Clapham

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Jake89.JPG
Foxy's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Foxy is now neutered; chipped & vaccinated. Foxy was in boarding kennels near Chessington

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Foxy's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Jake82.JPG
Jake91.JPG
Jake92.JPG
Foxy's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 15.1.17: Please can you help with another stray. A bit nervous at first when picked up then settled down. Found tied up outside a shop, unchipped. Has served 7 days without enquiry or reclaim.
The attachment Jake2.jpg is no longer available
The attachment Jake1.jpg is no longer available
Jake2.jpg
Jake1.jpg
Jake3.jpg
alicemayc

Foxy (Jake) Toy Terrier type DofB ? 2013 Chessington Kennels

Post by alicemayc »

IMG_1060.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG
Carry me!
Carry me!
IMG_1057.JPG
IMG_1056.JPG
I just cant resist Foxy cuddles at work!
frankie

Post by frankie »

I met and walked this dear tiny fella. He is so dinky much smaller than his pictures. We were going to walk with John who was walking Edie but Foxy had other Ideas hmmm this wee man decided to get very shouty with Edie (Edie is a big girl and Foxy thinks he is a big boy) so Edie got shouty back , so John decided to walk on. Foxy wasn't wanting to go any where then so I scooped him up and carried him up the hill from the kennels .Then I put him down to see if he would walk on , no probs after that. He walks well on the lead a bit skittish but who can blame him with all that's changed for him poor love He did keep stopping to have good nose and sniff about . He can sit for a treat and takes them gently. We had a nice walk he did cry a bit times so before I took him back to the kennels we sat In my car for cuddles. It was hard to take him back .xxxxxxx
alicemayc

Post by alicemayc »

IMG_1070.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG
IMG_1072.JPG
IMG_1073.JPG

Spent my lunchtime with little Foxy today :)
Such a good boy and is so gentle when taking treats or should i say when taking bits of my sandwich! How can i say no to this face!?
Linda

Post by Linda »

Handsome boy Foxy. There could be some Corgi in him I think....looks very healthy in these photos. Irresistible appealing face....there will be queues to adopt him I am sure. love4.gif
frankie

Post by frankie »

I couldn't go back to work with out taking this dinky chappy out again . He is such a dear and irresistible. Now I am usually walking a our beautiful Staffies but something about Foxy has stolen my heart .He is a bit of a baby and cries a lot so you cannot resist picking him up. He comes out of kennels but cries after the staff to go back ,so I scoop him up and carry him up to the top of the road and then he will walk. He does like to walk loves a good sniff in the grass . He does not sit but will take treats gently . He does like to run and I'm sure he would play with a ball , we walked back to the kennels and he pleased to see the kennel maid . I'm sure he's little bit confused about all these new things happening to him . xxxxxxx
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Im sure he won't be around for long love4.gif
frankie

Post by frankie »

I took my little Foxy out again yesterday .He sooooooooooo sweet . I carried him up the hill set him down and off we went . There was a very barky dog in a garden Jake ignored him then gave one little bark and trotted on. Jake does trot bless him . Head up ,tail up looking every where a sniff here and there . As we got to the entrance to the woods a bird flew out of a bush Foxy tried to chase it, ran up on a little mound and sat up like a mere cat scanning the area for more birds . It was very funny to watch. Yes he is that small . The kennel staff and I are still trying to guess his breed it has been suggested Corgi/Chihuahua hmm the mind boggles . We had a lovely walk as we got Liz and a new walker came out of the gate with two dogs Foxy did give a little bark but at them but more a hello than anything else. He doesn't cry as much now and is settling . I love him well as the kennel staff tell me Franke you I love em all xxxx Well its not hard to is it . He is a special little lad bless him x
frankie

Post by frankie »

Foxy is getting less nervous when he comes out now .I still carried him up the hill but he walks lovely when he is set down . We caught up with John who was walking super friendly girl Precious (SR) Jake did say hello but then gave a little grrr so I told him no ,we walked them side by side but not too close No problems . He is a real character bless him x c
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Bless him ....lovely tiny tot ...chihuahuas have the heart and soul of a lion xxx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”