Ava Border terrier DofB ? 2014 Little Chalfont Bucks

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Ava Border terrier DofB ? 2014 Little Chalfont Bucks

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Ava70.JPG
Ava's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Ava now is neutered; chipped & fully vaccinated. Ava came in to our care 15.1.17. Ava is fostered in Kingston with 3 other terriers but at this stage she not mixed. Probably best to home as an only dog with owners using a muzzle to allow her to begin to adjust to other dogs outside.

See Video
Note how quickly she re engages into her walk

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Ava's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Ava21.jpg
Ava66.JPG
Ava62.JPG
Ava's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 11.1.17: Ava is a female terrier type who is very nervous so is a little bit snappy at the moment. She has come in matted, with dreadlocks :( She seems to prefer men and she doesn't seem keen on cats Ava will need a rescue space by 09.01
Ava.jpg
Ava comes as soon as transport can be arranged
Christinetully

Re: Ava Working Lakeland DofB ? 2014 Northern pound comes 15

Post by Christinetully »

Can't wait to meet this gorgeous girl .... Safe and loved now! :welcome.gif: :havefun.gif:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Ava love4.gif xx
Border Lover

Post by Border Lover »

Ava looks like Border Terrier rather than Lakeland? Very sweet
hazey

Post by hazey »

Looks very much like a Blue Border Terrier to me. Very gorgeous and loveable. Just wish my Border girl got on with other dogs (she can be unsociable) or I'd have her in a heartbeat. It's my dearest wish to rescue another Border Terrier. x
puncturedbicycle

Post by puncturedbicycle »

Oh Lynne, she looks so much like my Bessie! What a darling.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Barney Border
Barney Border
Buzz Border
Buzz Border
Dotty working lakeland
Dotty working lakeland
Roly Working lakeland
Roly Working lakeland
Rosie Working Lakeland
Rosie Working Lakeland
Ava
Ava
Ava could well be Border x Working Lakeland I wont know until I meet Her stance and fur type "The Border Terrier has a double coat consisting of a short, dense, soft undercoat and harsh, wiry weather- and dirt-resistant, close-lying outer coat with no curl or wave". and nose length moves me away from Border. Working lakelands & Borders are close cousins (Cumbria vs Northumbia!) They are very close cousins but the colour of the photo 'blues her down' We Meet Monday Morning when she comes into our vets for spay
aloepeter

Re: Ava Working Lakeland DofB ? 2014 Worcester Park Overnite

Post by aloepeter »

Welcome Ava, lovely girl, whatever you are! There is one way to tell ... let "Pete the Stripper" get to work thumbs.gif
Border Lover

Re: Ava Working Lakeland DofB ? 2014 Worcester Park Overnite

Post by Border Lover »

Getting a lot of interest in the BTs in rescue group on FB - she certainly won't wait long for a home.
xxlynne

Re: Ava Border terrier DofB ? 2014 Kingston Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Yes Ava is a little Border Terrier! A very unkempt bedraggled bewildered little girl who builds trust through gentle approach and sweet gentle tones. A real sweetie who takes a little while to trust, she wants to trust. During my first task to put a harness on her I felt the brush of teeth. "Teeth breath" no pressure at all, she was signally very clearly with tension and eye contact. Needs must as she didn't have a collar a tight harness was required: I never take a chance with a nervous dog in transportation. Here is the video of Ava in the vets with a focus on her dredlocks hanging from her back.

Ava11.jpg
Ava12.jpg
In the vets we put a towel over her head to inject her for a premed rather than muzzle. Ava was spayed, chipped and 1st vaccinated today. Our vet did a full examination under GenAn and declared no other needs... other than Gemma combed her dredlocks out of her coat which came away easily. I lifted her in and out of the car crate via her harness and lead as there wasnt enough trust at this stage to pick her up...dealing with other 6 dogs so didnt have time on my hands but she was happy to curl up and sleep in the travel crate.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”