Benny Jack x Chi DofB 05.10.07 - 4th March 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Benny Jack x Chi DofB 05.10.07 - 4th March 2021

Post by xxlynne »

BennyP.JPG
4th March 2021...Little Benny was such a blessing... Peter and his friends sadly had to let him slip away this evening, he was over 14 years old. Benny felt safe and loved and will always live in Peter's heart
BennyPeter.JPG
Benny's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed Benny's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Benny was homed for 3 years but his owner died and he was returned to us to his same fosterer. Benny is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Benny was in foster in Kingston upon Thames

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Benny's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Benny1.jpg
Benny's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 16.11.2016: DESPERATE PLEA FOR HELP. Benny is 9 years old. Was first vaccinated when he left the pound. Not neutered. Found as a stray Very frightened and nippy when first brought in and on assessment. He did settle in kennels a little. He doesn't like being picked up by strangers- needs to trust first. He is just a stubborn old gent I think. Need an adult only home Carolyn x
Benny.jpg
Peter has offered to take Benny into foster in Kingston from 25th Nov 16
Chapmania

Re: Benny Jack Chihuahua DofB 2007 Northern Rescue 25th

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Benny :thanks.gif: to Peter for offering a foster place xx
xxlynne

Re: Benny Jack x DofB 2007 Kingston upon Thames Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Benny has arrived and is now in warm getting to know his to-be-close friend Peter
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Benny is starting to settle in. He's still a bit uncertain but, on Saturday, he let me put his harness on and we went for our first real walk together yesterday (Sunday) up the road to the Rec. Someone has put some time in with Benny because he walks very nicely alongside on a slack lead. He's not very sure about other dogs. A pair of Beagles prompted some barking - from a safe distance - and then we met RR's very own, wonderful Yogi ...
ben01.JPG
ben02.JPG
ben03.JPG
ben04.JPG
ben05.JPG
Benny likes the security of his crate but is getting bolder. He's prepared to sit with me for short spells and really settles down if I'm clearly occupied with something else - like talking on the phone - and he's not the centre of attention. He Is quite biddable and follows point/click instructions. And so handsome ...
ben07.JPG
ben06.JPG
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Benny and I had a very pleasant walk along the river into Kingston this afternoon. He seemed to enjoy surfing the drifts of fallen leaves and darting at the geese. Most of the time he was walking calmly on a slack lead. A young lady carrying a large camera and tripod gave him a moment of concern ... but perhaps it was the furry hood of her parka! I needed to go to the bank and, again, Benny was very good, waiting patiently and ignoring the customers. The sunny walk back was uneventful and Benny passed the man with a noisy leaf-blower without action or comment. :smiley-chores002.gif:
Linda

Post by Linda »

Beautiful boy Bennie.....looks very like a Chihuahua X Terrier......lovely mix like my Moose,rescued by RR last year. Bennie will flourish in foster, ready for his new forever home. Looking forward to seeing his progress. love4.gif
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

benno01.JPG
benno02.JPG
Benny has been here through two very busy weeks and, despite all the upheaval, has made significant steps towards being a much happier dog. At the moment he's not one for cuddles and snuggles but he does like to know I'm around and likes to be close by most of the time. That's typical terrier behaviour in the early stages of bonding so I'm relieved.

Since Shona was homed a lot of the overexcitement around seeing Harpo and Zeppo has eased off and Benny spent last night- his first - in the bedroom with me and the boys (safe in his crate, of course). This morning I was working out which doors needed to be closed to allow Benny safe passage to the garden when the H & Z pushed their way back into the bedroom ... and all was well. Phew!

It's a bit odd, to say the least, to have another dog here looking - and acting - so much like H & Z. When I whistled the boys to come and get ready for a walk Benny appeared too. Harpo started all the usual fuss about having his harness on and Benny ... stepped between us and warned Harpo off! Clearly I need to be alert to any tension building up but, for the moment, all is calm.
benno03.JPG
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Yes, Benny has finally summoned up the courage to sit on my lap!!!! It's been quite an internal battle for him. Can't say how relieved I feel ...
benno04.JPG
jules

Post by jules »

Wonderful update Peter. We take little steps and then they step through. :goodjob.gif:
Linda

Post by Linda »

Great photos of beautiful Benny, well done for fostering him.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”