Patti (Tizzy) Patterdale DOB 31.10.2009 New Malden

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Patti (Tizzy) Patterdale DOB 31.10.2009 New Malden

Postby xxlynne » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:10 pm

Current Status: Homed

Tizzy9.JPG

Tizzy needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Tizzy: She grew up with another Fell terrier but had her 'moments' but they harmonised. Owner lost her home and haven't found anywhere for Tizzy.We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Tizzy's life. Tizzy is neutered, chipped and vaccinated. Tizzy came into our Rescue 24th Nov 15. She is in boarding kennels in Gatwick.

Tizzy is very friendly with all adults. She is a very affectionate dog who loves to be touched. She smiles when she is excited and loves sniffing around hedgerows for creatures. She's not keen on other dogs and I always keep her on a lead unless we are in an empty dog area in the park. Unfortunately she will eat anything she finds. She prefers chewing hard chews to playing with her toys. She has never been around children and I avoid passing too close because she sometimes growls or barks. She absolutely hates the sound of squeaky toys, they make her very excited. She likes to lick everything and everyone. Grew up with a male Patterdale 6 years her senior. A cat lives upstairs and they ignore each other

Visit Tizzy's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Tizzy.JPG
Tizzy8.JPG

Tizzy's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: I am losing my home and cannot provide a place for Tizzy to live happily. Ax
Tazz.JPG
Tazz47.jpg
Tazz38.jpg
Tazz7.jpg
Tazz2.jpg
Tazz8.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Tizzy Patterdale DOB 31.10.2009 Gatwick Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:49 pm

Met the lovely Tizzy today...she is a small Patterdale very easy to manage and will delight all our volunteers
xxlynne

Postby Chapmania » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:00 pm

What a shame that Tizzy has lost her home. She looks absolutely adorable :smiley-gen132.gif: xx
Chapmania

Postby RosC » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:12 pm

I had the pleasure of walking Tizzy today. She was dropped off just as we were about to go out on another walk so I took this lovely lady. You would not know she was on the end of the lead she walks so nicely. She was so well behaved and seems very dog friendly, with those we walked with, dogs that passed and in the kennel block - she wanted to say hello to every one we met. All in all a fantastic lady, I think she will not be with us for long.
RosC

Postby Linda » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:20 am

Very interesting dog.....beautiful to look at and sounds like she walks nicely on a lead. With training and a calm environment Patterdales make the best companions ever!
Linda

Postby Sarahk » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:53 am

Tizzy is an absolutely adorable sweetheart :smiley-love014.gif:
She helped me with an induction today with Anne and we couldn't have chosen a better companion :D

Black dogs and sunshine don't make for the best photography conditions but I'm not complaining, lovely black patti and beautiful day for walking :biggrin.gif:
DSC00885a.JPG
DSC00893a.JPG
DSC00894a.JPG
DSC00895a.JPG
DSC00897a.JPG
DSC00899a.JPG
DSC00903a.JPG

Back in her kennel we had a lovely cuddle and tummy tickle with Tizzy perched on my knee :smiley-gen132.gif:
Oh and she's got the sweetest kisses, little girl judges it perfectly, jumps up with that tongue at the ready and never touches your face save with her sticking our tongue! Very very gentle, love her xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby Sarahk » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:07 am

Little Tizzy soon got to know the rattle noise of my treat bag...

Hmmmm treats I think...
image.jpg

Yeah, nice, mmmmmm...
image.jpg

Any more ?...
image.jpg

What do you mean no, I don't believe you !!!...
image.jpg

:)
Sarahk

Postby Sarahk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:49 pm

image.jpg
Tizzy pops enjoyed her walk today, really seemed much more settled and still jumping up to plant a kiss on your lips if you bent down to her :D
Tizzy really is a sweet little girl, lots of mud today out and about and with her little short legs it was tough going at times but she loved every minute :D
Love this sweetie Kiss of love.gif
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Climbing the fallen tree trunk to collect the treats :
image.jpg

image.jpg
Sarahk

Postby Doglets » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:35 pm

Is Tizzy good with other dogs (am looking for a terrier to foster over Christmas with out three small TR's) ?? She looks totally yummers! Kiss of love.gif
Doglets

Postby RosC » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:31 pm

As the pictures show Tizzy is a lovely girl. She is very inquisitive and likes to explore the bushes and sniff out whatever is hiding there! I didn't have an extender lead but I think Tizzy would prefer to be on one so that she could have a little run around. Just love her little whiskers Kiss of love.gif
RosC

Postby ChrisE » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:32 pm

I took Tizzy out for a walk on Friday morning. What a lovely, sweet girl she is so full of love and kisses. When I first approached her kennels I thought she had springs on her paws as she jumped up at the kennel door to greet me. I think this just showed how excited she was to be going out for a walk and more exploration of the local area. For the first few seconds she was very excitable but soon settled down once we got walking. I gave her a treat along the way and after that she would look up at me as if to say "Is it time for another yet?".

Beautiful Tizzy_opt.jpg
How can anyone resist those beautiful eyes - what a sweetheart!!!
ChrisE

Postby Chris86 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:30 pm

Tizzy.jpg

I walked Tizzy for the first time today. She gave me a lovely welcome into her kennel, bouncing around giving me such little kisses Kiss of love.gif

Don't misjudge her by her size, this girl really means business when it comes to walkies :biggrin.gif:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
She has such an all action, blustering style of walk. She actually set a faster pace than the 2 staffies I walked before her :lol: A few times I thought she'd struggle through all of the mud (which is getting squishier and squishier now!), I went to pick her up at one point but she gently moved my hand away with her leg and trudged on through it. A very independent little lady is Tizzy! We even went on an impromptu jog through a particularly muddy patch as it was easier than treading slowly.

Such a sweetheart, full of character :smiley-chores002.gif:
Chris86

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed