Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Our terrific Terriers available for homing! Find Jack Russell, Patterdale, Lakeland, Fell and former Working Terrier breeds here! Other small breeds may also be listed in this sub-forum!
Fizz

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Godstone Kenns

Post by Fizz » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:37 pm

Walked Bentley again today :)
He's just keeps getting better and better. No problems getting him in or out of the kennels. He still pulls a bit, but once you're clear of the block he calms down.
Starting to think he enjoys his walks more than paddock time, guess having a sniff around the field is just that much more interesting, but he likes people and he'll happily come and sit for treats and cuddles.
Definitely a good boy. :crossfingers.gif:

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:13 pm

I had a super walk with Bentley as Helen wasn't in to walk him. He really is a super boy, very cute. Once away from the kennel environment Bentley calms down. He really enjoyed his time in the paddock and had a good run about. Bentley even found an old squashed football to have a quick game with.

Out on his walk he is very in tune with what is going on around him. A typical terrier loving to sniff in the hedgerows. His eyes follow the movements of the rabbits. There were plenty about as if to tease him. :biggrin.gif:

Bentley is such a sweet little boy and certainly likes a cuddle :smiley-gen132.gif: xx

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:56 pm

image.jpg
My first time walking Bentley - he has wonderful manners, he practically put his harness on himself!! He sits beautifully, without even being asked half the time.I've never known such a polite terrier. We went for a lovely walk followed by off lead time in the paddock. We saw Timmy (RR dog) through the fence. Bentley said hello nicely just a tad too enthusiastically. He's a wonderful little boy. Kiss of love.gif

MrsP

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:26 pm

Bentley's so lovely, super people friendly and fine with traffic, joggers, boats, bikes etc. He was full of attitude around the GSD's out on their walkies too, but they are big and he is very small love4.gif
Bentley1.jpg
Bentley2.jpg

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:50 am

I have walked Bentley twice now and yesterdays was as fun as the first! He is like a full on steam train when he first leaves the kennels so wanting to get on with his walk. He loves all the rabbit holes, the sniffing that goes on where the squirrels have unearthed their acorns and when another dog is on the horizon he just wants to see what is going on. He can be a bit over enthusiastic at times so needs to be told and needs a bit of a gentle pull on the lead to bring him back to you. He is a real cuddly teddy bear indeed though. He harnesses beautifully and during his walk he loves a cuddle too. When it was time to go back in his kennel he jumped up for a full cuddle - that's what our waterproofs are for to be smothered with the lovely muddy puddles that Bentley loves so much. He made me laugh a lot we had a fabulous walk. A real character who you will all love to take out. bighug.gif Kiss of love.gif

Dani

Post by Dani » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:13 pm

Another lovely walk with Bentley today. He is very nice and easy to harness. He pulls a bit and is very interested in his surroundings, I thought it be nice for him to walk on grass/field walk so he can properly have fun and he did seem to enjoy himself. Another typical busy patterdale boy, He loves a cuddle when back in kennels. Such a sweet teddy bear face, I really should take more pics.
We had another walk earlier on in the walk with Baloo ,he happily walked at the back with Baloo leading the way.No trouble at all. Not really seen any dogs on my walks with Bentley apart from his kennel friends and he hasn't reacted to any of them.

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:17 pm

I had a fantastic walk with Bentley on Saturday. We were joined by Nicky (H) and her boy Harry. After Bentley having his initial "oh who is that then someone new, can I see, can I see..........." he realised that Harry was not bothered by this little monkey and Bentley after a short while started to walk beautifully and not with his pulling. He loved walking alongside Harry and we went on a really lovely long walk to stretch his little legs and he loved every minute of it. He is a funny, happy little boy and being a Patterdale just has to investigate EVERYTHING. We had one hilarious moment when we were about to walk past a field with two VERY VERY large Bulls in - Bentley literally stopped in his tracks went to the gate and just stared, I don't think he could believe that there was an animal as big as they were. Nicky and I laughed so much at his little face. A long walk is what this little lad needs to get him to not pull and to walk at a nice easy pace. He is adorable, really easy to harness and just enjoys his life out and when you take him back big cuddles please is all he asks (along with a bit of chicken!!). Adorable little man. bighug.gif Kiss of love.gif

Dani

Post by Dani » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:25 pm

A lovely long walk in the sunshine with Bentley today. We walked with Basil and his walker Angelica. What a pair these 2 are. Both busy bee's sniffing everything. There was excitement seeing rabbits and geese lol.gif .We didn't see any dogs apart from kennel friends and all was good. Bentley will certainly keep someone entertained with his funny antics. Bentley is one of the easiest Terriers to get out and harness I must add. He also loves a cuddle after walk and will sit on lap,during walk he is too busy doing his thing. Kiss of love.gif

MandaTK

Post by MandaTK » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:38 pm

I have had fantastic walks with Bentley this last weekend. Saturday he strolled along with his pal Harry and settled into walking beautifully with him really quickly. Bentley just is so inquisitive and has to look at all and sundry. When we passed the horses today he got on his hind legs to say hello to a very very large horse. He did not seem to worried about it, although his pal Harry sneaked off to the opposite side of the path pretending there was not a horse there at all. Very funny! Bentley walked so well today hardly any pulling apart from the initial out of kennels. Some ramblers passed and were smiling at the bouncy Bentley and asked if they could pet him. Of course he loved that until he then saw there was something else going on in the fields that took his eye.

Bentley is a friendly happy little soul who loves people very much and likes to walk with a calm dog and will then calm his little self down. He is like a cuddly teddy bear and Nicky commented he looks like the dogs that used to be on wheels that we could push as youngsters (not all of you will remember this!) but he does indeed! On Sunday Bentley and I joined Jo and Alfie and Mandy and Trixie on their walks. How amazing this trio were very comfortable in each others company. It was a really wonderful happy walk for this lovely trio all just happy to take in the ways of the world and enjoy their long walk. Alfie is so calming that he had Bentley nice and calm within a short period of time too. Bentley is such a gorgeous happy boy, I really have fallen for this little chap. On my walking list all the time now as well!! Who wants a happy cuddly teddy bear on their sofa? There must be plenty out there who would! xxx Kiss of love.gif thumbs.gif

kashers

Post by kashers » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:46 pm

Bentley and I had a walking date today. This boy I think is one of the most easiest boys I have had to harness. Once out he is a bit of a steam train and just has to get going. We walked with Lara and walker Tracy today with no problems that all. We passed an off lead lab who was enjoying a game of retrieving sticks from the canal. Oh my goodness Bentley so wanted to join in bless him. He found it extremely unfair! We also met a couple of off leaders whose owner put on their lead. Bentley is very interested but I actually think he is just eager to meet them and nothing else. On the way back the kennel just the two of us he did calm down and did walk beautifully without the pulling. He got loads of praise for this. After his busy exciting walk Bentley does love a little cuddle in his kennel which his really sweet. When you stroke him you lose your hand in his extremely dense fur. He is a real teddy bear and I know what Amanda means when he reminds you of one of those doggy walker toys. X

Return to “3. TERRIER RESCUE”