Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2011 - 8th July 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Pegmilly

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_3063.JPG
IMG_3062.JPG
Bentley is such a good boy. He puts his muzzle on with no problems at all - providing you give him a few sausages first. He's an easy boy when out and about, busy but easy to walk. He spied a squirrel today and tried to climb a tree.......I had to tell him he's not a cat!! Bentley is fully muzzle trained - a definite bonus in my eyes. You can walk him anywhere, anytime without issue. He's a sweetheart who is more than ready for his forever home. Xx
heleny

Post by heleny »

Bentley needs his muzzle to enter and exit but, other than that, he is fine on our walks. He surveys passing dogs with equilibrium and, if I choose to put the muzzle on at any time during the walk, he lets me do so without fuss and bother. He is a very easy dog to walk and manage. He is also a cheerful little soul who always manages to entertain and delight. He is a fast walker but enjoys munching on grass and having a good sniff around. I thoroughly admire and respect this little chap - he has been patiently waiting for his new home for years; he keeps cheerful and good natured the whole time. I always start off a busy day's walking with him as his walk puts me in the mood for the many who follow. blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif]
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Maisie and Bentley heading off for a lovely long walk with Jacqui and Caroline, they loved being reunited with their Guildford pals love4.gif
PB172757.JPG
:D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
RosC

Post by RosC »

Another walk with Bentley today, who is fantastic on walks. I have never seen any negative behaviour from him just a calm, quiet gentleman. His muzzle is purely a precaution and he just stands there whilst it is put on. We have passed many dogs today and Bentley did not have any reaction. A very friendly little chap , I always make sure I have a little cuddle before I leave him love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Sunday is not my usual day to walk but I had a few spare hours and I found the thought of walking Bentley, on such a gorgeous day, irresistible. Like him - who can resist his cheerful, positive welcome and his absolute joy at being outside. Bentley certainly lives in the moment and makes the most of every sniff and snuffle amongst the leaves whilst putting his best paw forward as he likes to walk fairly fast. He has been and is being so patient and I often wonder at the injustice of life. He would make a perfect companion once his owner has helped him meet the challenges of life outside the kennel block. My dearest wish is that this little chap would find such an owner who would give him a warm, cosy home and, most important of all for Bentley, companionship because life in the kennels although noisy can be a bit lonely. Everything crossed :crossfingers.gif: thumbs.gif blob6.gif] :crossfingers.gif: 0028.gif blob6.gif]
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Bentley showed new walker Jim what fun it is to walk our kennel dogs today. This boy is a real favourite amongst the terrier fans. Bentley is such a friendly boy and it breaks my heart that he has been overlooked for so long. He walks well on the lead and takes no notice of passing traffic. Sits and waits to cross the road. Loves his cuddles and takes treats nicely. Bentley enjoys discovering all the new smells in the woods. Love him love4.gif xx
20171126_114859.jpg
20171126_114615.jpg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_3315.JPG
IMG_3314.JPG
Bentley is such a great little dog - one of the easiest dogs to walk. I had a plan today (always a concern when I have a plan 0002.gif] ). Bentley quite likes the company of another dog on his walk, so we invited Zippy (patterdale) and Rebecca to join us. Now my 'plan' was to get Zippy to walk further than the comfort of the poets hut. All started well, both dogs calm when they knew they had company. Zippy, as expected, dug his heels in.....then Bentley decided to join in this patterdale protest.......even though he had no idea what he was protesting about!!!! So Rebecca and I decided to start running, cajoling our protesters along. It worked!!!! We had a lovely walk, both boys wonderfully behaved. Bentley is a terrier lovers dream - he has just the right balance. He loves his cuddles and fuss but always keeps half an eye on his surroundings......just in case there's a squirrel who needs chasing off. Xx
heleny

Post by heleny »

Bentley was my first walk of the day - I always need my Bentley fix to get me in the walking mood as there are always many more dogs to walk. He is always cheerful, never complains and just enjoys every minute of a fast paced walk, with the occasional stop for grass munching and sniffles in leaves. He is lovely. He is patient - in fact, has been patiently waiting for his forever home for years and years. All my Christmases would have come at once were this dear little, curly haired, appealing little terrier to get his home soon. Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

At the risk of repeating myself, Bentley is totally lovely with his shiny, black, curly coat and his adorable face which do not belie his lovely nature, I find him such good company. He is always pleased to see me and loves every minute of his walk - snuffling around the woods, trying to spy out any squirrel, setting a good pace. I just find it so sad and not understandable at all that Bentley should have been in rescue care for so long. He would make an ideal little companion - what is there not to like about this lovely little chap? [cry.gif]
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

I had the pleasure of driving the gorgeous Bentley between kennels last week.
Bentley fell asleep the whole way , relaxed didn't bother by passing lorries and traffic, just slept , excellent in the car.

He's very easy to walk, has no demands just wants a loving home and regular walks. Hes a little bundle of cuteness .Hope Bentley doesn't have to wait too much longer.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”