Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Our terrific Terriers available for homing! Find Jack Russell, Patterdale, Lakeland, Fell and former Working Terrier breeds here! Other small breeds may also be listed in this sub-forum!
nada.c

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by nada.c » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Bentley and I had a day out at West Wittering with cocker spaniel Bernard (RR dog) and terrier Bobby (adopted ex TR).

Bentley was very excited to be going on a car journey - paws up on the window looking out for the whole of our 1 hour journey (harnessed in, of course). Once there I needed to leave him for a brief 5 minutes in the car while I caught up with Jo (adopted Bobby’s mum) and he sat there like a perfect gentleman (no barking ☺️) until I returned to collect him.

Of course Bentley was excited when we set foot on the beach! Lots of dogs running about and retrieving balls from their owners. Waves to play in. Bentley had so much to take in! In his excitement he pulled on the lead to start with, but he was easy to redirect and move on when needed. We had lots of off lead dogs approach us, Bentley was interested but when I called him to follow me and move away, he did easily.

In the second hour of our walk, Bentley relaxed (as did I) and walked alongside Bobby and Bernie like he’d known them forever. He also paid less attention to the other dogs around us.

Once back in the car, Bentley snuggled into the front seat and allowed himself to close his eyes as I drove him back to kennels. Every now and again I’d reach over to check on him and he’d nuzzle into my hand. We had some quiet time and cuddles in the car back at kennels before we went back in.

We had a great day out! Bentley is a fantastic boy with a fantastic terrier character, but he has been in kennels far too long (3 years 🙁). He needs an experienced terrier home, and would give so much in return ❤️

235210ED-37AF-454E-882C-3CEE761EC912.jpeg
83CF0E4F-5521-45DA-8FE8-BED05FB3F236.jpeg
0B2906F1-CDA0-4AAE-B4DB-CCFF03C5C919.jpeg
5FCDE28B-7293-487E-955E-E0B9FE63460A.jpeg
We love walking our kennel dogs! If you'd like to volunteer too:
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

nada.c

Post by nada.c » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:59 pm

nada.c

Post by nada.c » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Walking with spaniel Bernard (RR dog also waiting for adoption)

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Beccastj

Post by Beccastj » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:37 pm

I took Bentley for a day out today and he was great company. I met my friend to go for a long walk in the woods around Liphook. Bentley was great in the car, looking out of the window most of the journey and very well-behaved. He is easy to harness and accepts his muzzle without complaint. We had a lovely 2 hour walk and Bentley settled well into our pace and trundled along with no attempts to dive into bushes or chase squirrels. I gave him a drink and a bit of food before we went into the pub, where he settled immediately on the floor by my feet and watched the world go by. He was very easy and not at all disturbed by the people walking past him. We were able to have a leisurely and enjoyable lunch while Bentley watched the hustle and bustle around him. He was gentle and friendly with everyone who came to give him a neck rub. There wasn't a bark or yap all day. Bentley was the perfect companion on our day out. On the way back to the kennels he had a snooze on the back seat of the car. While I can't take him home because I have 2 cats, I would have loved to have taken him back to my house rather than to the kennel. He really doesn't deserve to be there.
Image Image
Attachments
bentley 4.jpg
Bentley1.jpg

Chapmania

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 pm

What a lovely surprise yesterday to find Bentley back at Gatwick kennels. I just had to add him to my list! We walked through the woods first and stopped off at the Poets Hut for cuddles. Then we set off over the common and more woodland walks where there were lots of exciting new smells to explore and squirrels to watch. Bentley is a very busy boy out on his walks, a typical terrier with bags of energy. We saw a police officer out on her horse. Bentley just stood nicely in the bushes and waited for them to pass without a murmur thumbs.gif It really saddens me that Bentley still finds himself waiting for a forever home. He is a wonderful little boy, very loving and just needs an experienced terrier owner. A great favourite amongst us terrier fans. Love him to bits love4.gif xx

heleny

Post by heleny » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:18 pm

I so agree Kim - it is just too sad and not at all understandable as to why Bentley is still in kennel care. He really is an old friend as I first walked him when he was in the kennels near Godstone. He is just as endearing and good fun as he was in those days. He has loads of energy and enjoyed the walk very much sniffing the undergrowth and showing an interest in wild life. Everything crossed that this is Bentley's year and he finds his own special humans. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

heleny

Post by heleny » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:08 pm

Bentley was the second walk of my day and was more than ready to go out into the woods for fresh air and fun. What an incredibly endearing little chap he is with his curly black hair and sweet face. He is also incredibly good company as he remains cheerful and positive and loves a brisk pace. Come on people - it must be Bentley's turn for a special, appropriate home. He has waited years. :smiley-dance017.gif: blob6.gif] :smiley-dance017.gif: blob6.gif]

Return to “3. TERRIER RESCUE”