Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Guildford Kenns

Our terrific Terriers available for homing! Find Jack Russell, Patterdale, Lakeland, Fell and former Working Terrier breeds here! Other small breeds may also be listed in this sub-forum!
heleny

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:57 pm

Gorgeous photos of Bentley. Of course I don't have favourites at the kennels but, if I were to have one, then Bentley would be a strong contender. He has been in kennel care for so long and yet he still remains cheerful and enthusiastic. His lovely little face almost lights up when he sees that it is his turn for a walk. He enjoys every second of being outside and lives for the moment the whole time. He is an excellent little walking companion - easy, energetic, and joyful. I love him and just can't understand why this grand little chap hasn't found his perfect home. Heart fill with love.gif]

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:28 pm

I couldn't agree more Helen. Bentley really is a super boy and it is so frustrating that nobody has come forward for him yet smiley-sad010.gif . He loves his walkers and is always pleased to see us. Bentley is so good and sits nicely while you get him ready. A typical terrier boy, busy, busy. So much to see and do thumbs.gif After our walk we ended up at the Poets Hut so we could enjoy some quiet time together. Bentley enjoys a fuss and is a very affectionate boy. You can't help but love him love4.gif xx

Chilling out on the sofa.
20171008_154028.jpg

heleny

Post by heleny » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:18 pm

I walked Bentley today and, once again, I enjoyed every minute of our walk. I sometimes find myself wondering why, oh why, is he still in kennel care? He is so easy to walk and is such good company. I am not brilliant at posting photos on the forum I know and I find myself looking at previous photos of this gorgeous dog. I sometimes wonder if those photos do him justice. Appearance wise - (not important I know) - he has the most lovely, black, thick coat which, even though it is very curly, is also very shiny. He has the most lovely little face and size wise he is just perfect - not too big, not too small - perfect. Character wise - you would have a job to beat this smashing little character - he is cheerful and sets off at such a good pace; he is biddable, because even though he is your typical terrier and would love to chase that squirrel, he does what you say and carries on with the walk. He is lovable - no other dog can greet you like Bentley does when he knows you. He even loves people he doesn't know that well because that is his nature - loveable, fun, trusting. Come on forever home - this gorgeous little terrier has been in kennel care for ages and he still trusts us to find him his forever home - which we will do. :crossfingers.gif: :goodjob.gif: :goodluck.gif:

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:15 pm

My mate Bentley and I enjoyed a lovely walk this morning. I really do feel as if I am walking with an old friend when I walk this smashing terrier. He is so appreciative, friendly and cheerful. He enjoys life to the full especially his walks and treats. He has been and is being so patient waiting for that comfortable, loving, forever home. Heart fill with love.gif]

RosC

Post by RosC » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:34 pm

I have walked Bentley quite a few times now and have a real soft spot for him. He is always pleased to see you and once out and about walks beautifully. He walks fast but doesn't pull and really enjoys sniffing around and being greeted by other walkers - any excuse to squeeze in an extra cuddle!

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:11 pm

IMG_3063.JPG
IMG_3062.JPG
Bentley is such a good boy. He puts his muzzle on with no problems at all - providing you give him a few sausages first. He's an easy boy when out and about, busy but easy to walk. He spied a squirrel today and tried to climb a tree.......I had to tell him he's not a cat!! Bentley is fully muzzle trained - a definite bonus in my eyes. You can walk him anywhere, anytime without issue. He's a sweetheart who is more than ready for his forever home. Xx

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:46 pm

Bentley needs his muzzle to enter and exit but, other than that, he is fine on our walks. He surveys passing dogs with equilibrium and, if I choose to put the muzzle on at any time during the walk, he lets me do so without fuss and bother. He is a very easy dog to walk and manage. He is also a cheerful little soul who always manages to entertain and delight. He is a fast walker but enjoys munching on grass and having a good sniff around. I thoroughly admire and respect this little chap - he has been patiently waiting for his new home for years; he keeps cheerful and good natured the whole time. I always start off a busy day's walking with him as his walk puts me in the mood for the many who follow. blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif]

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Maisie and Bentley heading off for a lovely long walk with Jacqui and Caroline, they loved being reunited with their Guildford pals love4.gif
PB172757.JPG
:D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

RosC

Post by RosC » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Another walk with Bentley today, who is fantastic on walks. I have never seen any negative behaviour from him just a calm, quiet gentleman. His muzzle is purely a precaution and he just stands there whilst it is put on. We have passed many dogs today and Bentley did not have any reaction. A very friendly little chap , I always make sure I have a little cuddle before I leave him love4.gif

heleny

Post by heleny » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Sunday is not my usual day to walk but I had a few spare hours and I found the thought of walking Bentley, on such a gorgeous day, irresistible. Like him - who can resist his cheerful, positive welcome and his absolute joy at being outside. Bentley certainly lives in the moment and makes the most of every sniff and snuffle amongst the leaves whilst putting his best paw forward as he likes to walk fairly fast. He has been and is being so patient and I often wonder at the injustice of life. He would make a perfect companion once his owner has helped him meet the challenges of life outside the kennel block. My dearest wish is that this little chap would find such an owner who would give him a warm, cosy home and, most important of all for Bentley, companionship because life in the kennels although noisy can be a bit lonely. Everything crossed :crossfingers.gif: thumbs.gif blob6.gif] :crossfingers.gif: 0028.gif blob6.gif]

Return to “3. TERRIER RESCUE”