Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Guildford Kenns

Terrierrescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
ChrisE

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by ChrisE » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:31 pm

I totally agree with all the positive comments on this lovely fella. From the moment I entered his kennel to get him ready for his walk he was obliging in all respects. From the word go he was focused on all his surroundings sniffing and stopping whenever he got the scent of something interesting. He initially started at a fast pace but by the time we were nearly back at the kennel he had slowed down to a reasonable pace. He is such a lovely friendly boy, who would just love a home to call his own.

Here is a video of Bentley today, walking at a lovely pace but not pulling on the lead at all. It was a pleasure to take this fella out today.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:06 pm

I'd like to apologise to Bentley for not taking any pics of him - he's super handsome - you have my word on that. We.....well just me really had a bit of an accident. I took Bentley to the stream, he loves to lay down in the water. No problem on the slope going down in to the stream.....but getting up proved more difficult! Bentley of course climbed up with ease, I slipped, slipped then slipped some more. He just stood still, looking bemused, wagging his little tail. So, I had to pull myself up, my hands got covered in mud. I've no idea if Bentley thought I was mad or not but when I got to the top he licked my hand.....a kind of well done lick.......but I'm sure I saw him rolling his eyes at me 0002.gif]

heleny

Post by heleny » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Bentley is maturing into the most lovely dog - calm, appreciative and full of character. He is a smashing little boy to look at (but that's not important!) with his lovely coat and endearing face. He was my first walk of the day and we set off at a fast pace - Bentley loves his walk, loves company and loves his treats - what more could anyone ask for in a little doggy companion? thumbs.gif

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Bentley and I walked with Patch who was walked by Chrissy this afternoon. Both dogs were not at all bothered in each others company and walked well together. Bentley is such a character and would be a great companion. He really so deserves his forever home and I really cannot understand why he is still in kennels. love4.gif

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:56 pm

IMG_1948.JPG
IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1946.JPG
Bentley is one of the easiest dogs to walk - no real pulling, no fuss, he just wants to enjoy his walk. Today he spotted a cat - what he wasn't banking on was this cat being the toughest cat in England!! The cat refused to move, stood its ground, gave Bentley the 'don't even think about it' glare. Bentleys little tail was wagging furiously, he was so excited - but I didn't fancy his chances (don't tell Bentleys kennel mates that - kennel cred is all important). I actually had to shoo the cat away so we could get on with our walk. Excitement over, we had a nice cuddle in the poets hut then went for a lovely, long stroll in the woods. X

ChrisE

Post by ChrisE » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:17 pm

I walked the handsome Bentley yesterday morning. I have now walked this lovely lad for a few weeks on a Friday.

I could see the look of excitement when Bentley realised I was about to take him for his walk. Once out of the kennels all Bentley wanted to do was walk and walk and walk and take in all the surrounding smells. All in all a lovely walk. We met Zayla and Duke on the walk and Bentley wasn't at all bothered - he showed interest but that was all and we just carried on with our walk.

Come on forever home. You so deserve your own family.

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:52 pm

IMG_2022.JPG
IMG_2021.JPG
IMG_2020.JPG
Beautiful Bentley - such a lovely boy. He's very easy to walk, I've had no problems with him at all passing other dogs inside the kennel block or outside on walks. Kevin (staffy) was in the paddock today as we walked past. Bentley just stood still and watched him. His body language was calm so I let him stand and watch for a while. After a few minutes we made our way to the poets hut. Bentley likes it in here - he jumped up on the sofa, enjoyed a sausage or two then rolled on his back for a tummy tickle. He loves his cuddles and climbed on to my lap for lots of those. Xx

Chris86

Post by Chris86 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:57 pm

I walked Bentley for the first time today, he's such an easy-going boy! So calm in his kennel and walking down the kennel block, exactly the same when away from the kennels. You couldn't wish for much of an easier walk :smiley-chores002.gif:

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:02 pm

IMG_2109.JPG
Why Bentley boy is still waiting for his forever family is beyond me. He's an amazing little boy, an easy walk and very well behaved. As if that isn't enough, today he walked impeccably with Fredds (jrt) not at all bothered by his presence - just happy to amble along with him. He liked to walk in front but made no reaction if Fredd caught up and got close. I love my walks with Bentley, they're always relaxed and a total pleasure.xx.

Judy

Post by Judy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:47 pm

I agree I just don't know why Bentley has not found his forever home yet he really is such a gorgeous boy. I took Bentley out for a lovely walk this afternoon, he is always such a pleasure to take out and never fails to bring a smile to my face. love4.gif

heleny

Post by heleny » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Bentley was his usual affable, entertaining self today on our walk through the woods, dodging the showers and enjoying the sunshine. He really is a complete pleasure to walk as he just gets on with life. He walks fairly fast but enjoys a good old sniff around in the grass. He really does indeed deserve to find his forever home - he is so patient and it is I who am getting impatient for him. :goodluck.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:26 pm

What a lovely welcome from Bentley this afternoon, as usual he was keen to get going for his walk. He just lifts my spirits each time I take him out, he has such a lovely nature and just enjoys his walks so much. When we got back to the kennels Bentley was very patient waiting for his treats, he has a very gentle and kind nature. Kiss of love.gif

Return to “3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”