Cuddles with Bentley boy yesterday evening :smiley-gen132.gif:
P7230657.JPG
P7230661.JPG
P7230663.JPG
Looking out the window !
P7230665.JPG
And snoozing zzz zzzzz zzzzzz !!!
P7230669.JPG
even better when it comes with tummy tickles too :0)
Fab boy again overnight, he has become quite partial to sneaking under the duvet ! No trouble though love4.gif

This morning I decided to see if I could give Bentleys nose hair a trim 0002.gif] His lovely wavy coat means that he had some fairly long wavy hairs just infront of his eyes on the top of his snout - which means 2 things, its difficult to get a photo of those gorgeous eyes of his and I thought it might be quite annoying for Bentley to have them in his view all the time !!!
I wasn't sure what the little fella would think of the small scissors - I showed them him and he had a sniff and lay down again - so I decided to give it a go and he was superb, lay there whilst I trimmed the hairs just infront of his eyes - no bother at all - what a good boy :D He had a sniff of them where I placed them all on a tissue but didn't seem to miss them !!!

A bit of a wet day today and I was working from home, Bentley was very good and let me work (not all my fosters do !) - came to me when he needed a loo break in the garden or just to say hi, otherwise snoozed or kept himself occupied with a toy or two (or 5 !!) - a walk this morning in the rain but that didn't bother his lordship ! Early afternoon walk and it had cleared up a bit outside - still some puddle paddling for Bentley which he enjoyed ! This evening we chose a time when there were loads of dogs out and about, and to cap it all a cat ran in front of him about 15ft away ! ... so rather a lot of excitement in a small space of time and not as relaxed as his other walks, nothing more than him being more alert and on 'lookout', striding out infront of me !! We went a bit further along what are usually quieter roads and pleased to say they were so by the end of the walk he was back to sniffing and generally more relaxed than when there was so much going on !
He's definitely relaxed now, upside down again on the sofa next to me with his belly being rubbed every now and again !!! We're making the most of it as sadly he's back to kennels tomorrow icon_e_sad.gif

Before we set off on his evening walk we had a bit of a photo sesh in the garden - wanted to capture those beautiful eyes of his now they are easier to see ! Think we managed it, he is such a super handsome boy and eyes to dazzle and enthral love4.gif ...
DSC07270.JPG
DSC07276.JPG
DSC07277.JPG
DSC07284.JPG
DSC07291.JPG
Gorgeous eh Kiss of love.gif

Come on Bentleys home :crossfingers.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Pegmilly

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Oxted Weekend Foster

Post by Pegmilly » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:00 pm

Bentley welcomed me in to his kennel with a waggy tail and a little happy dance. Very easy to get ready, practically put the harness on himself. We walked with Charlie (American bulldog), walked by lisa. Bentley was a very good boy, happy to walk behind and follow Charlie's lead. We walked to the stream, Bentley went straight in as did Charlie - Bentley kept an eye on Charlie and was alert to him being there but certainly wasn't upset or agitated about his presence. Good boy Bentley. X

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:31 pm

I took the lovely Bentley out for a walk this afternoon with Kevin who was walked by Chrissy. Both dogs accepted each other and walked well together. I haven't walked Bentley for a while so it was a pleasure to be taking him out again, he is such an easy dog to be with. I really can't understand why this gorgeous little boy hasn't found his forever home yet Heart fill with love.gif]

KateM17

Post by KateM17 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:59 pm

Met Bentley for the first time today. He is an easy going boy and really light on the lead. I took him on a woodland walk today (didn't know where I was going!) but Bentley took it all in his stride, and sniffed and sniffed and sniffed! He is such a friendly little dog and was quite happy to take the lead and led me back to the kennels.......no problem! It was great to walk him, a lovely little lad, who just wants to have a meander and sniff.

heleny

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:55 am

I feel Bentley and I are old friends and I think he felt the same! It was great to see him again - although it would be much greater were he to get a home. He seems to have grown up a bit since the last time I walked him and definitely since the first time I met him at Godstone kennels all those years ago. He really is a lovely boy - and enjoyed his long walk through the woods with me. He kept up a fast pace but stopped to sniff and be inquisitive about everything moving around him. What a patient boy he is - come on special home - you're missing out on a great little dog's company. love4.gif Heart fill with love.gif]

ChrisE

Post by ChrisE » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:31 pm

I totally agree with all the positive comments on this lovely fella. From the moment I entered his kennel to get him ready for his walk he was obliging in all respects. From the word go he was focused on all his surroundings sniffing and stopping whenever he got the scent of something interesting. He initially started at a fast pace but by the time we were nearly back at the kennel he had slowed down to a reasonable pace. He is such a lovely friendly boy, who would just love a home to call his own.

Here is a video of Bentley today, walking at a lovely pace but not pulling on the lead at all. It was a pleasure to take this fella out today.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:06 pm

I'd like to apologise to Bentley for not taking any pics of him - he's super handsome - you have my word on that. We.....well just me really had a bit of an accident. I took Bentley to the stream, he loves to lay down in the water. No problem on the slope going down in to the stream.....but getting up proved more difficult! Bentley of course climbed up with ease, I slipped, slipped then slipped some more. He just stood still, looking bemused, wagging his little tail. So, I had to pull myself up, my hands got covered in mud. I've no idea if Bentley thought I was mad or not but when I got to the top he licked my hand.....a kind of well done lick.......but I'm sure I saw him rolling his eyes at me 0002.gif]

heleny

Post by heleny » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Bentley is maturing into the most lovely dog - calm, appreciative and full of character. He is a smashing little boy to look at (but that's not important!) with his lovely coat and endearing face. He was my first walk of the day and we set off at a fast pace - Bentley loves his walk, loves company and loves his treats - what more could anyone ask for in a little doggy companion? thumbs.gif

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Bentley and I walked with Patch who was walked by Chrissy this afternoon. Both dogs were not at all bothered in each others company and walked well together. Bentley is such a character and would be a great companion. He really so deserves his forever home and I really cannot understand why he is still in kennels. love4.gif

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:56 pm

IMG_1948.JPG
IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1946.JPG
Bentley is one of the easiest dogs to walk - no real pulling, no fuss, he just wants to enjoy his walk. Today he spotted a cat - what he wasn't banking on was this cat being the toughest cat in England!! The cat refused to move, stood its ground, gave Bentley the 'don't even think about it' glare. Bentleys little tail was wagging furiously, he was so excited - but I didn't fancy his chances (don't tell Bentleys kennel mates that - kennel cred is all important). I actually had to shoo the cat away so we could get on with our walk. Excitement over, we had a nice cuddle in the poets hut then went for a lovely, long stroll in the woods. X

Return to “3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”