Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Guildford Kenns

Terrierrescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
Sarahk

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Oxted Weekend Foster

Post by Sarahk » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:14 am

Bentley enjoying a lie in !!!
IMG_6850.JPG
Cheeky monkey decided he wanted to snuggle under the duvet earlier !
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Reeeeelax !!! thumbs.gif
IMG_6853.JPG
IMG_6854.JPG

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:33 pm

Lovely lazy day with Bentley, we enjoyed a long lie in, Bentley popping in and out from under the duvet !!! Alternating between under the duvet and upside down on his back on top of it, legs in the air, he is such a funny boy !!! love4.gif

We managed to get caught in a shower on this mornings walk but found the clear spell in the weather for a nice longer walk this evening :D

In between times Bentley has been playing and snoozing ! He's excellent at both ! thumbs.gif
Bentley loves toys, likes to chew them up but soooo delights in the process !!! Loves a bit of chase too :D. He has pulled each and every toy out of my vegetable rack that I use as a doggie toy store ! Such a joy to watch him investigating them all and deciding which one he wants at that particular moment !

Bentley is very good around food, will sit next to me on the sofa whilst I have a tray of food on my lap and not batter an eyelid, no begging or pleading, just one lovely relaxed boy thumbs.gif thumbs.gif He's eaten up his brekkie and dinner, a good eater with a very smart sit as I go to put his bowl down, I don't need to ask, good boy :D

Totally housetrained, no hint of any accidents, more good boy thumbs.gif

Last night relaxing...
IMG_6858.JPG
IMG_6859.JPG
IMG_6860.JPG
IMG_6861.JPG
IMG_6862.JPG
Bentleys sit for his brekkie, love his one ear down, one up !!!
IMG_6879.JPG
Playtime this morning :smiley-dance017.gif:
IMG_6863.JPG
IMG_6864.JPG
And snooze...
IMG_6865.JPG
IMG_6866.JPG
Good boy beside me whilst I ate my lunch thumbs.gif
IMG_6867.JPG
Bird watching from the sofa through to the garden !!!
IMG_6868.JPG
And found his way to the back of the sofa, one of his favourite places ...
IMG_6872.JPG
IMG_6873.JPG
More playtime...
IMG_6874.JPG
IMG_6875.JPG
IMG_6871.JPG
And more snoozing zzz zzzz zzzzzz
IMG_6869.JPG
IMG_6870.JPG
Play...
IMG_6876.JPG
IMG_6877.JPG
And sleep on toy !!!
IMG_6878.JPG
Do you get an idea of our day, sleep, play, sleep, eat, sleep, play, play, sleep !!!

Lovely to see how Bentley has relaxed straight back into home life, I think he needed this break to reset his batteries, kennel life takes its toll on our lovely woofers, a joy to have him here and am enjoying being smothered in Bentley kisses love4.gif xxx

Christinetully

Post by Christinetully » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:46 pm

Oh what fun Bentley is having with you Sarah ... brilliant photos capture the theme ... play ... sleep. .. sprawl ... ! It was such fun walking with Bentley on Friday ... he's a great little man .. Mr Confident, busy, busy as he investigates! He tried desperately to dig out something he had tracked down in an earth bank... a delightful character with a great nose love4.gif Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had! :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:22 pm

Another lovely day with Bentley, we were fortunate to dodge all the showers and no rain here today so Bentley has loved having the patio doors open straight onto the garden to come and go as he pleased :D

This morning Bentley jumped on my knee at the bottom of my bed to get a look out my bedroom window, Bentley is very nosey and loves to look out a window !!!
IMG_6982.JPG
IMG_6983.JPG
I put him down and then he managed to haul himself up and lie on the windowledge unassisted !!! Definitely no open windows when this boys around !!!
IMG_6984.JPG
Morning cuddles and tummy tickles...
IMG_6985.JPG
IMG_6986.JPG
IMG_6987.JPG
Then time for some garden fun, see this handsome boy love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
IMG_6943.JPG
IMG_6956.JPG
IMG_6944.JPG
And playtime thumbs.gif
IMG_6945.JPG
IMG_6946.JPG
Oops, overshot !!!
IMG_6947.JPG
IMG_6948.JPG
Butterfly and buzzy bee spotting !!!
I think I mentioned walkies and he was heading in for his harness like a bullet !!!
IMG_6949.JPG
Lovely long walk, we passed a couple of dogs on the opposite ride of the road with no reaction and Bentley very much enjoyed the puddles from the overnight rain ! He had me in stitches at one point, we took the gravel cut through to the station, there are a couple of houses there that exit up the gravel into the car park and off they go, well there was one very large puddle on the gravel and Bentley decided he was going to lie down in it 0002.gif] not just me laughing but the lady who was driving out of her driveway too !!! She had to wait til Bentley was ready to move on !!!
IMG_6950.JPG
IMG_6951.JPG
A little puddle that still needed paddling in but not big enough to lie in like the other one (I wasn't quick enough with my camera for that !)
Home and Bentley relaxing in the garden...
IMG_6952.JPG
IMG_6953.JPG
Very happy to watch and rest as I did some gardening !!!
IMG_6954.JPG
IMG_6955.JPG
Gorgeous boy
IMG_6957.JPG
Ofcourse he persuaded me to play some more 0028.gif
IMG_6958.JPG
IMG_6959.JPG
IMG_6960.JPG
IMG_6980.JPG
IMG_6961.JPG
And then rest !!
IMG_6963.JPG
IMG_6964.JPG
Listening to the neighbours, think they were having a bit of a party !!!
IMG_6965.JPG
IMG_6966.JPG
Where better to rest than the sofa in the conservatory (bit of a hit with Bentley today, his fave spot !)
IMG_6967.JPG
IMG_6968.JPG
IMG_6969.JPG
Handsome boy
Cuddles :smiley-gen132.gif:
IMG_6970.JPG
The wooden floor was also a fave, love his frog like legs !!!
IMG_6971.JPG
IMG_6972.JPG
IMG_6973.JPG
Loved wandering in and out at his will :0)
Said the sofa was his fave thumbs.gif
IMG_6974.JPG
IMG_6975.JPG
IMG_6976.JPG
IMG_6977.JPG
IMG_6978.JPG
Couldn't resist a tummy tickle love4.gif
IMG_6979.JPG
And a spot of sofa back surfing 0002.gif]
IMG_6981.JPG
And last but not least, watching Alaska Live (brilliant !) - Bentley head tilts at the bear noises !!!
IMG_6988.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:29 pm

Cuddles with Bentley boy yesterday evening :smiley-gen132.gif:
P7230657.JPG
P7230661.JPG
P7230663.JPG
Looking out the window !
P7230665.JPG
And snoozing zzz zzzzz zzzzzz !!!
P7230669.JPG
even better when it comes with tummy tickles too :0)
Fab boy again overnight, he has become quite partial to sneaking under the duvet ! No trouble though love4.gif

This morning I decided to see if I could give Bentleys nose hair a trim 0002.gif] His lovely wavy coat means that he had some fairly long wavy hairs just infront of his eyes on the top of his snout - which means 2 things, its difficult to get a photo of those gorgeous eyes of his and I thought it might be quite annoying for Bentley to have them in his view all the time !!!
I wasn't sure what the little fella would think of the small scissors - I showed them him and he had a sniff and lay down again - so I decided to give it a go and he was superb, lay there whilst I trimmed the hairs just infront of his eyes - no bother at all - what a good boy :D He had a sniff of them where I placed them all on a tissue but didn't seem to miss them !!!

A bit of a wet day today and I was working from home, Bentley was very good and let me work (not all my fosters do !) - came to me when he needed a loo break in the garden or just to say hi, otherwise snoozed or kept himself occupied with a toy or two (or 5 !!) - a walk this morning in the rain but that didn't bother his lordship ! Early afternoon walk and it had cleared up a bit outside - still some puddle paddling for Bentley which he enjoyed ! This evening we chose a time when there were loads of dogs out and about, and to cap it all a cat ran in front of him about 15ft away ! ... so rather a lot of excitement in a small space of time and not as relaxed as his other walks, nothing more than him being more alert and on 'lookout', striding out infront of me !! We went a bit further along what are usually quieter roads and pleased to say they were so by the end of the walk he was back to sniffing and generally more relaxed than when there was so much going on !
He's definitely relaxed now, upside down again on the sofa next to me with his belly being rubbed every now and again !!! We're making the most of it as sadly he's back to kennels tomorrow icon_e_sad.gif

Before we set off on his evening walk we had a bit of a photo sesh in the garden - wanted to capture those beautiful eyes of his now they are easier to see ! Think we managed it, he is such a super handsome boy and eyes to dazzle and enthral love4.gif ...
DSC07270.JPG
DSC07276.JPG
DSC07277.JPG
DSC07284.JPG
DSC07291.JPG
Gorgeous eh Kiss of love.gif

Come on Bentleys home :crossfingers.gif:

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:00 pm

Bentley welcomed me in to his kennel with a waggy tail and a little happy dance. Very easy to get ready, practically put the harness on himself. We walked with Charlie (American bulldog), walked by lisa. Bentley was a very good boy, happy to walk behind and follow Charlie's lead. We walked to the stream, Bentley went straight in as did Charlie - Bentley kept an eye on Charlie and was alert to him being there but certainly wasn't upset or agitated about his presence. Good boy Bentley. X

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:31 pm

I took the lovely Bentley out for a walk this afternoon with Kevin who was walked by Chrissy. Both dogs accepted each other and walked well together. I haven't walked Bentley for a while so it was a pleasure to be taking him out again, he is such an easy dog to be with. I really can't understand why this gorgeous little boy hasn't found his forever home yet Heart fill with love.gif]

KateM17

Post by KateM17 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:59 pm

Met Bentley for the first time today. He is an easy going boy and really light on the lead. I took him on a woodland walk today (didn't know where I was going!) but Bentley took it all in his stride, and sniffed and sniffed and sniffed! He is such a friendly little dog and was quite happy to take the lead and led me back to the kennels.......no problem! It was great to walk him, a lovely little lad, who just wants to have a meander and sniff.

Judy

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:30 pm

I had another great walk with Bentley, he is an absolute delight, as always very alert and interested along the way with a little bit of rolling in things that aren't so pleasant!!!!! Bentley is such a fantastic boy and a real joy to take out. Kiss of love.gif

heleny

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:55 am

I feel Bentley and I are old friends and I think he felt the same! It was great to see him again - although it would be much greater were he to get a home. He seems to have grown up a bit since the last time I walked him and definitely since the first time I met him at Godstone kennels all those years ago. He really is a lovely boy - and enjoyed his long walk through the woods with me. He kept up a fast pace but stopped to sniff and be inquisitive about everything moving around him. What a patient boy he is - come on special home - you're missing out on a great little dog's company. love4.gif Heart fill with love.gif]

Return to “3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”