Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2011 - 8th July 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Lexi

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by Lexi »

Today was my first time meeting little Bentley, and I was pleasantly surprised by how affectionate and funny he is!

We started with a play in the paddock. I kept him on a long lead so he wouldn’t try to escape 😂 we played a lot of fetch, Bentley absolutely loves running around after tennis balls! ☺️

We then went for a little walk by the river. He loves to swim / lie around in the water, and he had a great time trying to pull me in 😂

He walked well when bikes and other people came near, he was much more interested with snuffling through the long grass and bushes!

We then headed back to kennels, where Bentley promptly sat on my lap and received lots of cuddles. I even got a few little licks 😍

This little man has been waiting such a long time for a home. Please apply for this sweet little fuzz ball! 💕
225F1307-8912-4D60-8571-1A90C8D3B568.jpeg
0A12D282-A533-4B79-9026-A1DDF0222819.jpeg
pits

Post by pits »

Here's Bentley earlier today enjoying some fresh air.
b1small.jpg
b3small.jpg
b4small.jpg
b5small.jpg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Bentley has been in kennels for 3 years now. But he is one of those dogs who doesn’t ask for much - just a nice walk with lovely smells, affection on his own terms, and someone to be his loyal companion. Ok, and maybe some tasty sausage treats too...

It was beautiful autumn day on Wednesday - perfect for going out with Bentley. Easy to harness and easy to muzzle, and we were off to take in autumn smells and take a few dips in the river. We then sat by the river bank to watch the world go by. I could’ve sat with Bentley all day enjoying his company love4.gif

B5E69A4F-D176-44EB-B3A2-98A03F0CD1B8.jpeg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Bentley is a rock steady patterdale, he walks a very good pace for little legs and you know exactly where you stand with Bentley (which is on the edge of the river helping him back out). We had a nice walk over the railway line and then along the river. He allowed bikes to pass, a big group of ramblers (with dogs) and all other people out and about. Easy guy.
Bentley 2.JPG
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

Handsome Bentley was part of our Christmas video this year and he behaved so well, posing for the camera and meeting 5 young men (camera crew) with a spring in his step, happy to be somewhere new. This adorable friendly boy has been waiting a long time for a home and I can see no reason why he hasn’t found it. I have spent lots of time with him and he is a really lovely dog. Bentley will be happy as the only pet in the home. See past the muzzle he wears when out and you will find a loyal loving friend. It would make us all so happy at RR to see this little chap homed in time for Christmas. blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif]
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Bentley and I had a day out at West Wittering with cocker spaniel Bernard (RR dog) and terrier Bobby (adopted ex TR).

Bentley was very excited to be going on a car journey - paws up on the window looking out for the whole of our 1 hour journey (harnessed in, of course). Once there I needed to leave him for a brief 5 minutes in the car while I caught up with Jo (adopted Bobby’s mum) and he sat there like a perfect gentleman (no barking ☺️) until I returned to collect him.

Of course Bentley was excited when we set foot on the beach! Lots of dogs running about and retrieving balls from their owners. Waves to play in. Bentley had so much to take in! In his excitement he pulled on the lead to start with, but he was easy to redirect and move on when needed. We had lots of off lead dogs approach us, Bentley was interested but when I called him to follow me and move away, he did easily.

In the second hour of our walk, Bentley relaxed (as did I) and walked alongside Bobby and Bernie like he’d known them forever. He also paid less attention to the other dogs around us.

Once back in the car, Bentley snuggled into the front seat and allowed himself to close his eyes as I drove him back to kennels. Every now and again I’d reach over to check on him and he’d nuzzle into my hand. We had some quiet time and cuddles in the car back at kennels before we went back in.

We had a great day out! Bentley is a fantastic boy with a fantastic terrier character, but he has been in kennels far too long (3 years 🙁). He needs an experienced terrier home, and would give so much in return ❤️

235210ED-37AF-454E-882C-3CEE761EC912.jpeg
83CF0E4F-5521-45DA-8FE8-BED05FB3F236.jpeg
0B2906F1-CDA0-4AAE-B4DB-CCFF03C5C919.jpeg
5FCDE28B-7293-487E-955E-E0B9FE63460A.jpeg
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

I took Bentley for a day out today and he was great company. I met my friend to go for a long walk in the woods around Liphook. Bentley was great in the car, looking out of the window most of the journey and very well-behaved. He is easy to harness and accepts his muzzle without complaint. We had a lovely 2 hour walk and Bentley settled well into our pace and trundled along with no attempts to dive into bushes or chase squirrels. I gave him a drink and a bit of food before we went into the pub, where he settled immediately on the floor by my feet and watched the world go by. He was very easy and not at all disturbed by the people walking past him. We were able to have a leisurely and enjoyable lunch while Bentley watched the hustle and bustle around him. He was gentle and friendly with everyone who came to give him a neck rub. There wasn't a bark or yap all day. Bentley was the perfect companion on our day out. On the way back to the kennels he had a snooze on the back seat of the car. While I can't take him home because I have 2 cats, I would have loved to have taken him back to my house rather than to the kennel. He really doesn't deserve to be there.
bentley 4.jpg
Bentley1.jpg
Chapmania

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

What a lovely surprise yesterday to find Bentley back at Gatwick kennels. I just had to add him to my list! We walked through the woods first and stopped off at the Poets Hut for cuddles. Then we set off over the common and more woodland walks where there were lots of exciting new smells to explore and squirrels to watch. Bentley is a very busy boy out on his walks, a typical terrier with bags of energy. We saw a police officer out on her horse. Bentley just stood nicely in the bushes and waited for them to pass without a murmur thumbs.gif He is a wonderful little boy, very loving and just needs an experienced terrier owner. A great favourite amongst us terrier fans. Love him to bits love4.gif xx
heleny

Re: Bentley Patterdale DOB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Bentley was the second walk of my day and was more than ready to go out into the woods for fresh air and fun. What an incredibly endearing little chap he is with his curly black hair and sweet face. He is also incredibly good company as he remains cheerful and positive and loves a brisk pace. Come on people - it must be Bentley's turn for a special, appropriate home. He has waited years. :smiley-dance017.gif: blob6.gif] :smiley-dance017.gif: blob6.gif]
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

Bentley Loves playing on a long line with a tennis ball or two, hes fun, fast and fabulous !!
Such a sweet character he loves cuddles with men or women and if there's something he doesn't like he will tell you straight away !
He's waited so patiently and never lost his happy spirited ways, time for your forever home now boy let this be you year angel13.gif]

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”