Mally Patterdale DOB 24.04.14 Mid Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Mally Patterdale DOB 24.04.14 Mid Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Mally03.JPG
Mally needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Mally was rescued by his owner who neutered, chipped and vaccinated him. He has an incident where play got out of hand & a Jack Russell's owner lifted their dog into the air and he began to jump up and caught the lady's hand. She admitted it was the wrong thing to do but then turned the dog walking community against Mally & his owners, being a small village Mally had to be rehomed. We were happy to take Mally in. Mally is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Was fostered with 6 other dogs in Surrey until they adopted!

Mally needs a solid quiet home (visitor wise) that can keep his energy under his control so no play at this stage as he starts jumping and catching clothes he just cant handle it. Mally is a leggy Patterdale. All good intentions but needs dog companionship of at least one other dog, receptive to his play and antics: This is how his energy is dissipated, else OTT when he gets excited. His owners need to allow him to let his hair down and manage as he achieves self control. Mally needs an experienced family who accept this from the outset as he is an adolescent. Not for children, cats or small furries. Mally can get OTT if hyped/ excited so need aware family who can keep him calm and active. Must be retained on an extender so he is not a liability, though he is gentle and always well meaning.

Visit Mally's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Mally66.jpg
Mally90.jpg
Mally97.jpg
Mally77.jpg
Mally's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Urgent request from Mally 's owners who needed to rehome him as they were under great pressure from the the local dog walkers. Mally was off lead and ran over to a JRT and naturally jumped up at the Jack Russell as it was lifted to protect and bitten in his excitement.
Mally05.JPG
Mally98.JPG
Mally came into our Rescue today.
Sarahk

Re: Mally Patterdale DOB 24.04.14 Camping holiday

Post by Sarahk »

My new pally ... Mally ...
DSC08995.JPG
Gorgeous isn't he :D

So we're not quite camping yet but will be from tomorrow, in the meantime Mally is sleeping at the bottom of my bed and practising his stretching out to make sure we fill the tent !!!

Mally arrived this afternoon, I'm staying at my parents tonight and heading home tomorrow to collect my tent etc to head to the south coast for some camping. Mally has been an absolute joy since the minute he arrived, my love of patterdales will be known to any forum regulars and this young little man is no exception, love him already !!!

See for yourself how handsome he is ...
DSC08994.JPG
DSC08996.JPG
DSC08998.JPG
DSC09000.JPG
DSC09001.JPG
DSC09002.JPG
DSC09003.JPG
DSC09004.JPG
DSC09005.JPG
DSC09009.JPG
Mally is quite a long legged boy, beautiful wavy hair with a long waggy tail, he's slender too, delicious patty boy :D

Mally has very good manners too, 'sits' beautifully when asked with or without treats in hand !!! When he is sitting for a treat he takes it oh so very very gently, extremely good given his young age. We went out for walkies and Mally encountered many people, bicycles and a busy road, all which he took in his stride, good boy Mally, we also met a barky little woofer on an extender who despite the noise, Mally said hello to very nicely and then with a very little bit of encouragement walked on like I asked him to :biggrin.gif:

Mally has curled up next to me, Mum and Dad over the course of the evening, very loving boy, and we were very honoured when he showed us his tum for a tickle :D

Little fella is probably a tad confused tonight, what with his car journey and then his bed and fave toy appearing in a different lounge tonight but you'd not know it, he knows he was and is very loved and thats what counts :D :smiley-gen132.gif: :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Mally is having a ball :D

Brilliant with dogs, met loads on the campsite, on lead ones and off lead, all greeted with a waggy tail :dog-115.gif:
Great with the kids, no jumping up, takes all their noise in his stride :D

Loved his walk on the beach last night and twice today and really enjoyed his doze back up at the campsite in the shade of my car !

A little unsure of the tent last night, noises outside and various torch lights unnerved him a little but then he curled up and slept through to the morning !

We're having a lovely time, loads of pictures to post later !
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Mally loves the tent now !
Such a tired boy by bed time that he's straight in the tent, curled up in his bed and soon in the land of zzzz's!
It's been sooooo hot today, especially in a black fur coat ! We enjoyed the beach after breakfast and after a walk along the edge of the sea it was time to head back up to the campsite, so many dogs for Mally to say hi to on the beach he can't sit still down there !
Dogs are definitely Mallys first love, he wants to say hi to them all !

Back up at the campsite Mally did lots of snoozing in the shade today, lovely to see him so relaxed. Lots of photos to come but iPad battery has died so a taster with a few snapped on my phone...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

So many photos from Mallys holiday at the seaside ! Here we go, let's start with a close up of His Handsomeness Mally...
image.jpg
Everyone who met him and I told that he was in rescue looking for his home said surely he won't have to wait long, I do hope they are right :crossfingers.gif:
This is where we were camping...
image.jpg
A fantastic campsite that welcomes dogs, allows open fires and has its own beach, plus a fab shop and bakery on site, meant once we'd got there we didn't need the car and all day everyday was spent in the fresh air and the weather was amazing so a great time had by all :D

A long drive for Mally on the way there last Thursday, first from Milton Keynes to mine, then later in the day down to Osmington, near Weymouth, Mally was brilliant in the car, settled down really well but did love an ear title or tummy rub every so often :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
Beautiful sunset on our first evening there...
image.jpg
And Mallys first night in the tent...
image.jpg
Good as gold again :biggrin.gif:
A beautiful morning for us when we woke and Mally was keen to head back down to the beach...
image.jpg
Here with his little pal Winnie, Mally loved Winnie :smiley-love014.gif:
image.jpg
Checking out the beach...
image.jpg
so much to look at !!!
image.jpg
Mally was fab on the beach, keen to say hi to all the dogs he met, on lead and off, brilliant with them all :biggrin.gif: Mally only got frustrated when he could see another dog playing ball with his family running in and out of the sea, he would woof, think he was saying 'I want to play too'!!!
We took a walk along the beach and that soon cheered Mally up :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
He found some shade to rest in...
image.jpg
and had a play with his new buffalo toy...
image.jpg
Then back with 'the gang' he chose an empty water bottle to play with !
image.jpg
Sooo hot on the beach that we headed back up to the campsite in search of some shade which Mally soon made himself comfortable in ...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Always time to fit in a cuddle with his fave little person Katie...
image.jpg
Then more sleeeeeeep, zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz !!!
image.jpg
Before we knew it it was early evening and that meant another beach walk once it had cooled down a little...
image.jpg
image.jpg
More fuss from Katie on his return
image.jpg
And then another doggie buddy to meet, Rufus...
image.jpg
Rufus is a people dog and not fussed by other woofers and Mally soon respected this and gave him his space :)
Dinner time BBQ was interesting, Mally very good and kept his distance, but soon Rufus was interested in the nice smells too...
image.jpg
image.jpg
And then chicken smells drifted over from Katie's plate...
image.jpg
Mallys best 'pleeease' eyes !!!
image.jpg
And then bed time again :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
Night night said Mally, he was totally relaxed in the tent on the second night :D
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

More to come, sorry if there's too many photos but Mally is sooo handsome :D
Breakfast time camping (human breakfast, Mally had had his, I know my priorities !!!)
image.jpg
Such a gorgeous looking boy :0)
Such a gorgeous looking boy :0)
Then time to make his way to the beach again :D
image.jpg
Walking along the beach to keep cool :dog-115.gif:
image.jpg
And paddling...
image.jpg
Waves still a little scary :lol:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Mally did venture further in to above his knees when he saw one of his doggie buddy's enjoying a full blown swim with his owner, I wasn't that brave so didn't discover if Mally was a swimmer !

Too hot to stay on the beach so back to the little bits of shade we could find by the tents, hot day = sleepy dog :D
image.jpg
Mally likes to lay his head or paw on you to know he's close :0)
Mally likes to lay his head or paw on you to know he's close :0)
and loves a tummy tickle !
and loves a tummy tickle !
Dinner time for Mally, he chose this spot to eat in the back of my car, hopped in every time as I was preparing his food !
image.jpg
And ofcourse cuddles :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
Such a good boy Katie gave Mally a treat :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
Mally is excellent at the 'sit' command and so gentle taking his treats :biggrin.gif:

And his terrier ways coming through as he sought to find the squeak in the buffalo toy ! The squeak didn't last long and buffalo was soon de-fluffed !!!
image.jpg
Then another new dog joined us, this is Mally meeting Betty, he was rather enamoured
image.jpg
:smiley-love014.gif: :smiley-love004.gif: :smiley-love014.gif:

Here Mally, Rufus and Betty following the sausage smells ...
image.jpg
image.jpg
And another fun day was over, time flies when you're having such fun :D
I said Mally was relaxed in the tent now, here is is waking up slowly the next morning !!!
image.jpg
And Mallys 'mmmmm, croissant' face :lol:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Mally was great company over the short holiday, he will make someone such an exceptional and loyal companion that's for sure and a very sociable boy too which is great, every dog we met he had a doggie smile for no matter how sudden the meeting or narrow the space, completely reliable :biggrin.gif:

Mallys excitement and anticipation of fun meant he would have very short moments of ragging the lead, usually as we set off from the tent so I'm sure it was anticipation of the fun that lay ahead ! I would stand still and try my best to ignore him (sometimes tricky as he would talk to me and woof !!!) or move on telling him 'come Mally, walk nicely' or ask Mally to sit which he would do and one of those usually worked to calm him down and move on nicely, a shake off followed and I had Mr Perfect back on the lead ! Interestingly since we've been home and he's had the house and garden to run around and less dogs to excite him, we've had not one incident of that so it was probably exaggerated by him being on the lead all day long with nowhere to run off any of his excess energy :)

Sadly before we knew it it was time to pack up the tent and head back home. A long journey with heavy traffic in places but 3.5 hrs didn't phase this little lad, good as gold again (although he did like to try and lay with his head wrapped round the gearstick and if not his head, his legs !!! Easy boy to move and not in the least bit bothered !!!)
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

My pally Mally just now :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Both our holidays come to an end tomorrow, we've had such a lovely time since last Wednesday when Mally came into our rescue but I must go back to work which means Mally boy has to go into kennels, do hope it's not for long, this boy loves his home comforts :D
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Some pics from yesterday, the sun was still shining when we got home and Mally had some fun stretching his legs after the long car journey...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Mallys doing his best 'play with me' look in that photo above :)
But from my experience I would say playing with him can overhype him and occasionally he can get a bit yappy/mouthy and jumps up :shock: so now Mally and I have an understanding, his toys are there for him but he plays with them by himself with no intervention from me and this seems to work :biggrin.gif: Mally is still young and learning to contain his excitement so this is good self control for him as he learns :)
image.jpg
image.jpg
Mally also has a keen sense of smell and likes to check under the bushes, coming out covered in dead leaves and cobwebs which makes me laugh !! and more importantly he would love to check under my decking (where the little creatures live !!!) but thankfully he can't get there so he smells intently instead !
image.jpg
image.jpg
I left Mally for just over an hour today as I had to pop out, stuffed some treats into the kong to interest him and with the help of a couple more treats got him to 'stay' whilst I went out the front door, no noise or fuss from what I could hear and an hour or so later that proved to be true, just one 'anxious' pee that gave away some nerves, otherwise everything just where I'd left it, very pleased to see me when I got back and again, I just kept his energy as low as I could so he didn't get too over excited, just a few jump ups and then all was well. I should just say other than this pee Mally has shown himself to be totally housetrained (and 'tent trained'!!!), no accidents at all and no problem sleeping through the night, he can go from 10.30 through to 7.30/8 no problem !

And a few more pics in the garden...
image.jpg
image.jpg
:D
Sarahk

Re: Mally Patterdale DOB 24.04.14 Godstone Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Mally enjoyed a walk with Bert yesterday, we went over to Charlie's after Mallys 2nd vax at the vets (Mally was a very good boy :biggrin.gif: ). Bert isn't keen on dogs in his space and Mally was very good and respectful, happy to walk alongside and enjoyed their walk together...
image.jpg
And here's Mally this morning, I said in an earlier post he likes to put his paw or head on your leg/foot and here he was doing just that !
image.jpg
image.jpg
We enjoyed a nice walk this morning and chose the time when all the local dogs were out ! Mally met a couple of young jacks learning to greet nicely and was very good with them, a lovely staffie boy, 3 dogs out together who didn't want to say hi to him, then an 8month old little terrier who loved saying hi (Mally loved her !), a spaniel who wandered out from his front garden and lastly another little dog who really didn't want to say hi and walked on in front of us, which meant Mally really did want to say hi ! So quite a lively walk for little Mally and also few non dog walkers also wanted to say hi to him ! Consequently he was a bit excitable and we had a few (short) lead ragging moments, Mally shook them off quite quickly each time and we carried on with our walk when he knew I wasn't going to play the game. Back home and he's now snoozing lay across my foot !!!

Love this boy and going to be hard taking him into kennels later today :(
Last edited by Sarahk on Tue 11 Aug 2015 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
Sarahk

Re: Mally Patterdale DOB 24.04.14 Godstone Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

He's lovely Tim, a real cutie :D
image.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”