Rosie Jack Russ DOB 11.2013 Waterlooville

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Rosie Jack Russ DOB 11.2013 Waterlooville

Postby xxlynne » Sun May 24, 2015 1:44 pm

Current Status: Homed

Rosie46.jpg

Rosie needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Rosie was handed in as stray to a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place. Dog warden able to find out background basically loss of home unable to take Rosie with owner and passed around but then handed in as stray. Rosie is spayed, chipped and fully vaccinated. Rosie enjoyed regular weekend fostering, Rosie did stay with a teacup yorkie and C A T; didn't cope with the cat! Now in foster in New Romney with other dogs

Rosie is 2 years (just) young, and a SWEETIE; thrives on loving & exchanges each glance with caring & devotion. Left her mother as a 4 week pup so carries that neediness of a handreared pup. Rosie has come a long way & easily transfers her love to whoever exchanges affection. Meets most dogs well outside but can get a little shouty if the other dog is too brash. She wants to befriend & had lots of games with a relatives Jack as a puppy. She got on well with a Yorkie though Rosie will always be a little bold. Could mix with older children if her family understands dogs Happy soul once Rosie knows you she LOVES you

Visit Rosie's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
RosieP99.jpg
RosieP91.jpg
RosieP3 (2).jpg

Rosie's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Spoke to the owner - K Daughter got her when about 6 weeks old, was told she was sold initially at 4 weeks. Is now 18 months old. K moved four weeks ago to a new property but is not allowed dogs. She put her into kennels for a week then took to her cousin who had her for a day before complaining she cried, so brought her back to kennels for another week. She then went to a friend about a week ago, friend must have had her for a day or two before dumping with us saying had "found as a stray".

K describes her as very energetic and very clever! She is not chipped, never had jabs and came into season about 6 weeks ago.
She says can be bit funny with men, loves kids (her youngest is 2!) and loves mum and dad's JRT. Not been around cats, can bark at other dogs when out on walks. Said fine with strangers and visitors, just over the top with them. She admitted she's never been given boundaries so is very naughty and ignores commands. Is very hyperactive, jumping up wanting attention but never gone for anyone. When excited she makes a high pitched noise

Also said can be bit "jealous", loves wrecking toys, her favourite food is the pate dog food dishes but never had any possession issues. Travels okish - fine in front in the car, once pooed when put in boot. Used to a crate, haven't used in over a year, was okay in the crate but can break out of them Asked her what home she thought should have - said needs someone who is going to give her a lot of attention and walks.

Rosie struggles in kennels. Rosie comes in on Tuesday when she will be spayed.
Rosie2.jpg
Rosie1.jpg
Rosie01.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Rosie Jack Russ DOB 11.2013 Swindon Pound coming 2nd Jun

Postby MandaTK » Thu May 28, 2015 3:44 pm

All you want Rosie is love and you will get it with us all xxxxx :smiley-gen132.gif:
MandaTK

Postby aloepeter » Fri May 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Oh, those girls ... terrier girls that is! :biggrin.gif:
aloepeter

Postby Pegmilly » Sat May 30, 2015 8:50 am

My type of dog......got to love these terriers :smiley-gen132.gif:
Pegmilly

Postby Chapmania » Sun May 31, 2015 6:58 pm

How gorgeous is Rosie?! Welcome to our family, Rosie. We will love and care for you until your forever home comes along :smiley-gen132.gif: xx
Chapmania

Re: Rosie Jack Russ DOB 11.2013 Chessington Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:26 pm

Rosie came to us today. She arrived late as the dog warden got held up in traffic so she wasn't spayed today. Overwhelmed with her situation and scared in her travel crate I talked with her a lot and she seemed to relax down. Then I opened her crate and she smelt my hand and allowed me to pick her lead up and she willingly jumped into the front of the dog mobile. The rest was history we were firm friends with lots of licks. She was delighted to explore whilst I drove and posed when I stopped.

RosieP7.jpg
RosieP10.jpg
RosieP8.jpg
RosieP9.jpg
RosieP11.jpg
RosieP12.jpg
RosieP6.jpg
RosieP13.jpg

Then a lovely walk with Caroline & Sam the man

RosieP15.jpg
RosieP14.jpg

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
RosieP2.jpg
RosieP3.jpg
RosieP5.jpg
RosieP4.jpg
RosieP1.jpg
xxlynne

Postby Fran » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:29 pm

Met the lovely Rosie today and she loved Lynne.
IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg
Fran

Re: Rosie Jack Russ DOB 11.2013 Oxted W/E foster

Postby Sarahk » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:05 pm

Rosie was spayed on Thursday and came home with me this afternoon to enjoy some rest and relaxation, she is a sweetie who really loves her cuddles :D

Rosie really enjoyed exploring the garden and ran between me and mum, loving the attention :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

When I sat on the grass Rosie nuzzled in close :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And then enjoyed a roll :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Mum rolled a tennis ball and Rosie loved playing with it and us :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

'Please throw the tennis ball' :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I popped for a shower and guess where little madam was when I got back downstairs, I clearly have competition to be her favourite ! Mum's winning at the moment...
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Love you :smiley-gen132.gif:
image.jpg

Isn't she cute :smiley-love014.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lovely girl who's been great with all of us :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg

Back onto mums lap...
image.jpg

And then next to me on the sofa :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg

And resting up against Dad :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg

Ohhhhh we're gonna have a lovely weekend :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby Chapmania » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:13 pm

Just how adorable does Rosie look! :) Glad that her spay went well and that she is recovering with you Sarah :thanks.gif: She certainly seems to have made herself at home :D xx
Chapmania

Postby Sarahk » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:50 pm

Another fab day with Rosie, she has had a lovely time, mostly in the back garden with the conservatory doors open for when she fancied a lie on the sofa, she has been in her element and she's been a very good girl :D

I have to say, reading her original referral at the top of her thread, I wouldn't call her naughty, cheeky yes but that's why I love terriers ;), naughty no. Rosie responds well to calling her name, loves being told she's a good girl and wants to please. Nor have we experienced any jealousy or fear of men, in fact Rosie has been my dads new best friend today :biggrin.gif:

I had people in to fix my phone line this morning, Rosie was very excitable at the thought of meeting the new visitor in the house but we managed this by taking her into the garden and she was soon distracted by playing ball and not in the least bit bothered that there was someone in the house. She might need some investment to help her learn some manners around greeting visitors in the house - it is just over excitement and all well meant but just a bit too full on jumpy madam for most ! With a sensible approach and a bit of training I think Rosie will learn the ropes pretty quickly which will be worthwhile, she loves treats and wants to please so all the ingredients are there for success ! After all the original referral does say she's never been taught what's good and what's less so ! We met people outside and also my neighbour through the fence with much more decorum and Rosie was little Miss Perfect in those situations so she does know how :D

We also encountered joggers and cyclists on our walk with no reaction whatsoever, clever girl Rosie :dog-115.gif: Rosie walks very well on the extender, rarely at its full extent and loves ambling along, no pulling so another big tick for Rosie :D

Rosie does 'talk' to you sometimes, particularly when we're not all together and she'd rather we were ! This is her high pitched calling ! We experienced this today when we went out for lunch and sat in the pub garden with her, the first time mum and dad went off to go into the bar she was quite vocal and high pitched with her barking ('talking'!!), a little walk around the garden to move her focus on and she soon quietened :) and then delight and waggy tailed for their return, the next time Dad went off Rosie watched but no noise other than a short quiet whimper, not even audible on the table next door, progress indeed when she starts to understand it's not gone forever :)
This is the only time we've experienced this, she didn't mind at all when Mum and I popped off to the garden centre leaving her with Dad at home this afternoon, I'm told she just curled up next to a Dad and went to sleep, bless :biggrin.gif: and no bother at night time when I call her into my bedroom, this evening that was from under the covers of mum and dads bed, spoilt, yes but then why shouldn't we :D
I haven't left her alone yet but I would expect this would need a slow steady build so that Rosie gets that you're coming back every time, she just loves her people and wants you to know it !

Rosie was in her element when we were all in the garden today, happy to play with her tennis ball by herself (it's a skinned tennis ball now !), delights in playing fetch with you and (sometimes) drops the ball for you ;) She was a joy to have around, very easy company, not at all demanding and an all in very happy girl :D

And I should just say 100% housetrained too, always good to know :biggrin.gif:

She was such a tired little one this evening after her fun full on day, wanting to stay awake but then giving in to lovely contented slumber with lovely relaxed breathing, how I love that noise when my fosters stay, makes it so worthwhile to know that they are getting to relax proper in comfort, loved and happy :smiley-love014.gif:

I love to see them happy, I think Rosie is happy in these photos, this was this morning around 7.30 when Rosie really didn't think it was time to get up yet ...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Isn't she gorgeous and such a sweet cutie-pie :smiley-love029.gif:
Sarahk

Postby Sarahk » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:17 am

More pics from today, the next few in the pub garden where Rosie had her eye on mums chicken ;)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Being a good girl and getting down when told :0)

Success :yes.gif:
image.jpg

The lady looking on in the background was very taken by Rosie and came across to ask if she could say hello, Rosie very happy and relaxed to say hi, she did me and Rescue Remedies proud :biggrin.gif:

The next few in my garden as I was planting up some pots...
image.jpg
Playtime please !
image.jpg
image.jpg

Cuddle time as soon as mum sat down for a cuppa :smiley-gen132.gif:
image.jpg

Rosie with my Dad, her new best friend today, she loved going indoors and sitting next to him on the sofa getting an ear rub at the same time :)
image.jpg
image.jpg
I think she's winking at me on this one as if to say'yep, just as I like it, got him right under my little paw' !!!
image.jpg
Such a sweetheart

Curling up next to Dad again later ...
image.jpg

But time for cuddles with Mum too :smiley-gen132.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And happy to share her love with me in return for a tummy tickle :smiley-ashamed005.gif:
image.jpg

And back to Dad :smiley-gen132.gif:
image.jpg
Showing off her little spay scar on her tummy

Rosie is one great all rounder of a terrier, happy gentle good natured balanced girl who will thrive and utterly delight in a loving home, oh I do hope it comes soon :crossfingers.gif:
Sarahk

Postby Sarahk » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:25 pm

This was the sweet lovely munchkin when I woke up this morning :cloud9.gif:
image.jpg
Sarahk

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed