Mika BedlingtonxFell Terrier DOB 21.01.11 Gatwick Kenns

Terrierrescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
heleny

Re: Mika BedlingtonxFell Terrier DOB 21.01.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:36 am

I love this dog with his quirky, energetic ways and his even more quirky, appealing looks. Mika is always good for the first walk of the day which is always my longest. He trots out and sets a fast pace with the occasional sniff and snuffle in the undergrowth. He is not good when we meet other dogs and this would have to be addressed when Mika finds the right person to take him home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Life is fun and rewarding with Mika around - he is just so cheerful and friendly. Mica and I went out with Jo and his café mate Lily today and we had a lovely walk. The sun started to shine and Mika and Lily responded by putting their best paw forward and trotted round on a long walk. He continues to be reactive when we meet other dogs but this is not a problem as Mica happily wears his muzzle out walking. Such a patient boy waiting for his forever home. :crossfingers.gif:

KateM17

Post by KateM17 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:11 pm

I walked Mika today (Fiona had Lily). It was quite a long walk as everything that we could bump into we did! Very fast cyclists that appeared from nowhere, quite a few local dogs walking very slowly in front of us (which Mika can be a bit feisty around) and two trotting horses! Whilst Mika can be a bit reactive, if you keep him very close he does remain calm and I was very impressed with his reaction around the horses today........There wasn't one today. He loves his sausages and will find them in your pocket!

heleny

Post by heleny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:59 am

Mica and I went out for a walk through the woods with Jane and his café companion Lily. Mica is another cheerful dog who is so quirky and lovely that you find yourself smiling all the time when out with him. He really is an excellent walking companion as he walks fast and enjoys all the sights and smells along the way. It is always heart warming to see him and Lily together in the café especially when they are enjoying treats once back. Lovely little terrier. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Thu May 03, 2018 10:56 pm

Geoff walked Mika today, for the first time, whilst I walked his best friend Lily. What a little treasure Mika is! So easy to harness, so happy to walk. He had lots of sniffs, nice loose lead, lots of interest in what was around him, and very easy to wipe down afterwards. In fact he really enjoyed having his belly rub!! No photos I’m afraid because the weather was so wet.

KateM17

Post by KateM17 » Mon May 07, 2018 4:34 pm

Mika was on good form on Sunday. He was keen to get harnessed and out on his way, taking the lead in front of his mate Lily. Mika was really excited to be out and being that it was a hot day, that didn't phase him and he was still very enthusiastic on his walk. Perhaps a little too hot for him, which is why I think he decided to sit and roll in a rather deep muddy puddle in the lane on the way back to kennels, and wouldn't move. He was a mess, covered in dirty water. A first for me was giving him a good shower when we got back, which he thoroughly enjoyed! After a good old shake he was back to his lovely clean self and mugged me for a few sausages. A real little character is Mika! x

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Fri May 11, 2018 10:47 pm

F0EF8D6E-7903-4DF2-838E-5C7BDD1E67A4.jpeg
Geoff walked the delightful Mika yesterday whilst I walked his best buddy, Lily. Mika is so slender and slight, a gorgeous, enthusiastic little boy, who loves his walks. He takes his treats very gently, and was very happy to have his belly rubbed. A truly delightful little boy, who seems somewhat younger than his years, a real cutie!
Attachments
FF508730-B4F9-4D65-ACE3-7AE66F9BD2AD.jpeg
7F133469-C861-4887-9DC1-6359C2CD5B27.jpeg

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed May 16, 2018 8:01 am

What you see is what you get with Mika - there are no airs and graces! You get good company on a walk (he loves his walks), affection and love when you sit down in the café, a great enthusiasm for treats. He and I had a great walk yesterday in the woods - it was warm and sunny and Mika put his best foot forward and appreciated every minute of being outside before returning to his best mate Lily.

sibirro

Post by sibirro » Tue May 22, 2018 3:01 pm

mika loves nothing better than starting his walk off through the woods with his best pal lily - he was very well behaved and loves a dip in the stream where he likes to stretch right out in midstream - they were both very good when other dogs walked near us and of course his fav thing is prob getting back.... muzzle off.....sausage time!!!!!!!
Attachments
P1010571.JPG

dyersantos

Post by dyersantos » Fri May 25, 2018 6:14 pm

I walked Mika today, and what a beautiful boy he is..

He was fantastic with Lily, was great on the lead and is an affectionate lad.

The photos do not do him justice - he is handsome, energetic and full of life.

I hope you find a home soon Mika, it was a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to seeing you and Lily next week.

Return to “3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”