Mika BedlingtonxFell Terrier DOB 21.01.11 Gatwick Kenns

Terrierrescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
John

Re: Mika BedlingtonxFell Terrier DOB 21.01.11 Chessington Ke

Post by John » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:09 pm

I walked Mika today for the first time. The previous posts were spot on. He really is a likeable boy. Very easy to walk and although I don't have much experience of terriers he would seem typical. Very enjoyable walk!

jules

Post by jules » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Whilst I was walking Mika yesterday I met a lady who had two rescue jrt/corgis mix, both rescues and Mika politely waited whilst we had a chat and then we went onwards. An off lead friendly black gsd came to meet us and Mika was so excited to have more company. On my way back I went splat in the mud, ha, ha, tripped over my own feet and Mika just looked down at me as if to say, 'what are you doing down there?' It was a soft landing just a bit yucky. Here's to the next time Mika, unless.... lol.gif

jules

Post by jules » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:43 pm

I gave Mika some free time in a paddock this week. Difficult to take photos as he was whizzing around so fast. But just caught up with him as he stood still for a few seconds as I called to him. He kept coming to me for cuddles then off he went again. He is a very cuddly boy as you can see from his thread.
20160125_111600.jpg
20160125_111812.jpg
My best side is my right me thinks. Bless him.

jules

Post by jules » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:11 pm

Out walking with the lovely Mika. His recall was so fast, he is blurred and the extender slack! Bless the little chap. It's time he had his own home. Yes he is still juvenile in his meeting and greeting other dogs but this would be a challenge which for someone experienced with terriers would relish. He is comfortable wearing his muzzle, he never tries to get it off and it certainly doesn't stop him from digging his nose into all the mud and undergrowth for smells in true terrier fashion. He just comes back with a muddy muzzle. I do love this boy and I know how good he is in the home, completely housetrained and respects your home, even after long time in kennels.
20160209_114853.jpg

jules

Post by jules » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:57 pm

Took lovely boy out again. As Scott was leading him towards me he recognised me and started his prancing walk as he has done for many a walker.He is really listening to me after the initial excitement of getting out and about. Such a good boy to take out. Very pleased with him today as I gave him treats as I chatted to postman who he completely ignored. Kiss of love.gif

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:02 am

Mika31.JPG
Mika is our Terrier for the Month of March 16

jules

Post by jules » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:18 am

Walked Mika yesterday but first gave him freetime in the paddock where he whizzed around happily in the sun. He would love a garden to explore. Again, very responsive out on our walk and really connects to you in his quiet way.

He has been with us for such a long time and would be happy to be only dog in a home where he would give companionship and loyalty and to understand his need to have his muzzle on when out and about, which he accepts and it doesn't compromise him in anyway. :please.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

jules

Post by jules » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:31 pm

Great to hear this news. Freetime in paddock, meeting nose to nose with dog in adjoining paddock and very friendly it was too. I'm chuffed to bits because in a narrow part of footpath we met two pcso's and Mika was not fixated on 'uniforms' at all. So I feel that controlled regular meet up with posties.etc would work wearing muzzle. In fact it seems to give him confidence in a strange way. But repetitiveness does work as we have found out with heavy traffic etc and I do think it would work for this chap. He is still quite juvenile but with the right person he would blossom. He is such a kind and loving boy. :please.gif:

jules

Re: Mika BedlingtonxFell Terrier DOB 21.01.11 Banstead Temp

Post by jules » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:02 pm

Got the lovely Mika with me for a few days again. I cannot praise him highly enough how good this boy is in my flat. Just listens to noisy washing machine with doggy stuff in. He's had a long walk over fields. Yay, rabbit holes and molehills,his favourite. Bathed,lunch and now sleepy. Will put up photos later.

Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:56 pm

A real day of catching up with old friends for me and none more welcoming than Mika. It's been many weeks since he moved kennels but I got a lovely warm greeting from him and very happy to be out walking with me, still that very cute Mika prancing! A lovely walk in the spring sunshine followed and he has really improved with passing other dogs, he even took quite a shine to motorcycling enthusiast who seemed to have mislaid his bike! Looking forward to seeing the oh so cute Mika again soon. love4.gif

Return to “3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”