Kingsley PJRT DOB 09.2010 New Romney

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Kingsley PJRT DOB 09.2010 New Romney

Postby Rescue Remedies » Mon May 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Originally posted Mon May 06, 2013 by xxlynne
Current Status Homed

Kingsley needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. Kingsley needs a terrier experienced home who can ensure he has a secure garden, exit management and retention on an extender lead outside due to prey drive. Not for cats or small furries and care around puppies/very small dogs. Kingsley needs aware introductions to other dogs and when managed relaxes and enjoys the company of other dogs inside and outside his homes. Kingsley could live with responsible older children. The main factor will be his assured safety. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum Kingsley playing ball

Known background: Kingsley's owner was a rough diamond and Kingsley frequently got out and was returned via the pound to his family several times. He was in poor health and full of fleas. The pound were disinclined to trust his owner again; he was found with a 9 month old unspayed Patterdale female. Both came into Terrierrescue, but she has since been spayed and rehomed. Kingsley has now been neutered, chipped and vax'd. Kingsley is in foster in a multi dog household in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.

About Kingsley: King of the Road ... not any more! Kingsley will be safe with ensured care and support. He is enjoying good quality food and is now in good health. Needs to be managed around off lead dogs and would prefer low dog density walks with aware terrier owners. Kingsley is a real terrier with a capital 'T' adorable

Kingsley is a 5 year old rough-coated Parson's Jack Russell whose coat condition was terrible – he was thin and sad but now in very good health. He needs regularly flea treatment as he can develop a flea allergy. Kingsley had been "worked" without training so does see cats and small furries as fair prey. He needs exercise on an extender lead and awareness around street ref cats in hedges or under cars. Kingsley enjoys walks and meeting most dogs well when supported, muzzle tolerant and associates it with 'walkies' but care is needed around very small dogs.

Visit Kingsley's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.

Kingsley92.JPG
Kingsley's famous smile!!!!!
ImageImage

See Kingsley's Thread Below: Watch his progress through our Rescue
Original Referral Details: Referral Details: Repeatedly found stray and owner makes no efforts to correct this. Council wants them gone on the 8th day (tomorrow) to bring these 2 terriers into responsible hands. Owner no longer wants Kingsley but mutters about coming back for Cissy unspayed Patterdale female mature puppy. Chance is he will return with money before 9.15 tomorrow morning but here's hoping we can help both

Kingsley
ImageImage

Together

Kingsley and Cissy both have skin conditions due to lack of care. We are collecting tomorrow and they will go straight into our vets for neuter, chip, and skin care. Vaccinations may come a little later depending on vet advice.
Rescue Remedies

Re: Kingsley PJRT DOB 2010 Godstone Kenns

Postby Rescue Remedies » Tue May 27, 2014 12:58 pm

Well Kingsley and Cissy are in our care tonight and have been neutered, 1st vacc'd and chipped. They need extra special care as physically they are very under par. Kingsley has dirty fur with infected sites and is very thin: Mentally he is sad and bewildered. Cissy has a few bald patches and runny eyes. They have had Antibiotic injections and John has put them on top quality home food diet. Kingsley is currently "lost" and vacant but responding to kindness ...
Rescue Remedies

Postby Rescue Remedies » Tue May 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Our first night together....and not much sleep!! Poor Kingsley whined and cried, probably more the result of the fracas in which he was involved rather than the neutering he underwent yesterday. He's still very subdued, but extremely excited as soon as his harness is visible. He seems to be a bit of a fussy eater at the moment... I hope it's only temporary.

Cissy wanted to play all night and only got tired as the time for getting up approached!! She's a bouncy puppy and is tolerated by Kingsley...in fact he doesn't take any notice of her at all. In contrast to Kingsley, Cissy eats anything put in front of her.

Once they've settled and "found their feet" they will be a super couple.
Rescue Remedies

Postby Rescue Remedies » Tue May 27, 2014 12:59 pm

What a transformation in Kingsley. From the lad who was totally lost, not connecting with the real world, in a daze, back legs giving way, tail between his legs for the majority of the time with the occasional wag, eating virtually nothing....we now have a confident, tail wagging, happy, eating everything put before him, energetic dog who just loves his walks and is so tolernt of a bouncy puppy who climbs all over him!

In my mind he was totally stressed having been owned by somebody who didn't want him, in a local pound on "death row" for a week, put in a dogmobile by someone he didn't know, neutered and finally found himself in a house with lots of other dogs. and another person he didn't know.

But what a character, to have taken all that and come through as a super dog shows how adaptable and trusting he really is.

And Cissy, from the outset, has been a bouncy, effervescent little puppy, full of fun and devilment!!

Incidentally, they slept the night through last night sharing the same quite small bed

A lovely couple who, I am confident, will give a great deal of joy and affection to the lucky folks who adopt them.
Rescue Remedies

Postby Rescue Remedies » Tue May 27, 2014 1:00 pm

Oh how love wins through..and melts the heart and in Kingsley's case his heart was so willing to be melted. Kingsley still having problems with his fur condition so Dan our vet treated him today and I had the pleasure of meeting him, Shirley and John. After I witnessed how good Kingsley was with Shirley we went for a walk to take a few snaps and I think you'll see the big difference in him...

Our deep gratitude to John for his continued sacrifice for our dogs
Rescue Remedies

How good to see Kingsley's tail...not stuck between his legs. Dan, the vet, prescribed a course of antibiotics to help his skin infection, and Kingsley's took the first capsule, hidden in his chicken, without so much as a murmur.... however, it's causing him a lot of irritation and discomfort at the moment, and he shakes his head vigorously to try to alleviate the problem.

I really don't know where the notion that he is not good with dogs came from....there's no problem whatsoever, and he joins us in the sitting room, true, with a lead on at the moment until I am totally confident that there is no truth in the allegation, and he sits quietly on the floor or behind me in an arm chair.
Rescue Remedies

Kingsley had his first night in the "mix" last night....he shared the settee with Jackson and Zena. Such a good boy and absolutely great with all the dogs he's met in the house.

About 4.00a.m Oscar decided he had to go out and so, when he had done what was needed, I thought it would be an opportunity to bring the little Cissey into the sitting room for the remainder of the night. 10 minutes of wriggle time later she settled down a fell asleep on my lap....not bad for the first time....we're going to try again tonight.

They walk together with Cissey being the vocal one and Kingsley protecting her when other dogs approach.

Kingsley's wound is healing slowly...I think it's "getting him down" a bit in that he seems to have periods when he's not very responsive and his tail goes down....unless, of course, it's the result of his apparent neglect. But other times, he's lively and full of fun....we'll try to build on those times,

They are a great couple with much to offer their "forever home".
Rescue Remedies

Postby Rescue Remedies » Tue May 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Well, Kingsley seems to have got over "the blues" of the last few days.'At long last (he's not been here a fortnight, yet!) he's begun to jump up onto the settee without being encouraged and to snuggle down for a proper cuddle time. And then he settles down and goes to sleep. He doesn't move a muscle, even when one of the others decides to compete for settee space,....no reaction whatsoever....not even a grumble. What a good boy!!

He runs along the hall when he hears the meals are being prepared and waits patiently, alongside Oscar, until they are ready. He doesn't gobble his food, but finishes every morsel before going out into the garden....another good boy!!

He is quite superb around dogs, both in the house and out on his walks, he'll bark occasionally, but not aggressively and stops when he's told. He walks well on the lead and enjoys his time on the extender....a third good boy!!

He is quite definitely more relaxed and responsive than when he first arrived: he'll be a great companion to anyone who cares to adopt him.
Rescue Remedies

Postby Rescue Remedies » Tue May 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Kingsley is an absolute joy! What a delightfully easy and cute terrier he is! Just my kinda guy ... made me want to run off into the hills with him! Definitely my "Dog of the Day"!

Enjoying the sunshine...

Rescue Remedies

Postby Rescue Remedies » Tue May 27, 2014 1:02 pm

Where can I start now to sing the praises of the delightful little lad???? He has a permanently wagging tail, he is quite brilliant with people and dogs, he loves his walks and investigates every molehill, tree and post, he walks well on a loose lead, eats his meals with relish....and anybody else's too, if given the chance, presses himself hard against you when it's "snuggle time" or shares an armchair or cushion with Jackson to watch the television. He loves chasing a ball, but is not too keen to give it up....and he can spot a cat or other small furies at 400 yards!!

What more do you want from a terrier?????
Rescue Remedies

Postby Rescue Remedies » Tue May 27, 2014 1:02 pm

Gosh....what a hot day!! We're all "chilling out" in the sitting room at the moment, the Staffies went for a walk early this morning, whilst Kingsley and Jackson are waiting till 7 this evening for their two hour walk with the dogwalkers. How thoughtful is that of the walkers....it was their idea to avoid the heat of the day.

Kingsley continues to impress me....a busy boy on was walks, a gentle and affectionate boy at home. He does not like cats, but is fine when meeting dogs, if a bit vocal at first. Over the last week or so, he's begun to bark at passing cars and, occssionally, chases them if given the chance....He does stop with a firm "no" and pull on the lead, any suggestions as to how I can stop this before it becomes "the norm", please????

Please do consider him as a "forever dog"....he will be happy to sit at your feet or cuddle up next to you on the settee. A lovely boy who will enrich the life of any adopter.
Rescue Remedies

Postby Rescue Remedies » Tue May 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Kingsley is well and not only mixing with dogs inside his fosterer's house but welcoming novice dogs in and helping them to 'chill' A lively personable boy who will delight
Rescue Remedies

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed