Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 - September 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Pegmilly

Re: Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

Rolo in ball heaven!!!
Rolo in ball heaven!!!
I adore this little man!! We are firm friends now - he has no nerves around me, just a happy, cheeky mr personality at the end of the lead. He must have had his weetabix this morning as he only told off dogs 10 times his size. I say told off - it's more a 10 second bark just to let them know he's in town!! Rolo is a fun terrier, he loves to run with me, barking up at me as we go but he also has a softer side. Once he trusts you, he enjoys a fuss, especially a tickle behind his ears and having his back scratched. Love this cheeky chappie. Xx
Judy

Post by Judy »

Rolo really is a very endearing boy and as previously mentioned once he gets to know you he is confident and excited to be going out walking. I did feel mean yesterday whilst out as when we walked through the woods Rolo wanted to go to the paddock for a run around but as it had been raining heavily it was very wet and muddy so I persuaded him to have a walk through the woods instead. He was very good about this and soon carried on with his walk without a second thought. love4.gif
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_4544.JPG
IMG_4543.JPG
IMG_4539.JPG
Rolo is my pal - I get such a lovely welcome when he sees me. He's such a happy, cheerful boy - full of beans and such a character. As I was clipping his lead on today, he had his nose in my pocket, helping himself to the sausages in there....little pickle. We had our usual game of fetch then went to the poets hut for a cuddle. He licked my hands today which he's never done before......im sure it was because he likes me and nothing to do with the McDonald's breakfast I had enroute to kennels 0002.gif]
Judy

Post by Judy »

Another fantastic greeting from Rolo yesterday afternoon. As soon as we were outside the kennel block Rolo soon found a ball to carry around with him which was a fairly clean one but then he spotted one buried in the mud and so he insisted on picking that one up and carrying it with him for the rest of his walk. Rolo is a fun dog who would bring joy to anyone's life, I really do hope he does get lucky soon. love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Rolo and I went for a short walk yesterday before spending time in the paddock with tennis balls. This is his favourite place as Rolo likes nothing more than carrying balls around with him and chasing them - the more the better and the muddier the better! He was disappointed yesterday because the box with all the tennis balls was empty and so he had to run round the paddock collecting as many muddy balls as he could find. He would be a great dog to home - with his curly brown fur and appealing face and his lovely nature. He so needs his forever home to come along soon as Rolo must indeed be wondering why he has found himself back in kennel care. Everything crossed Rolo finds a new home soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

141164AC-9DF2-48F0-A3F6-41FD78CC58BD.jpeg
682D9630-3AD4-42CB-8D62-432807F4283A.jpeg
Rolo was such a good boy today. The paddock was taken - Rolo was not impressed. He had a silent and peaceful protest but liver cake and sausages made this ‘tragedy’ much easier for him to bear. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise - we decided to go for a wander in the village. Rolo was absolutely perfect. One tiny, half hearted bark at a noisy van but other than that he passed all traffic, cyclists, joggers, with no reaction at all. Rolo knows where my treats are - if I put my hand in my pocket - he pays no attention to distractions - he then gets a well earned sausage. Rolo is a character, he jumps up at me, barks at me, all done with a waggy tail - and only ever playful intentions. I have a huge soft spot for this little man. Xx.
heleny

Post by heleny »

I too have a soft spot for this little character. He had a lovely run round the paddock - albeit at the end of a long lead - and had real fun playing with numerous tennis balls. He was delighted that the box of balls was full today and I let him choose the ones he wanted to play with. We then went for a short walk through the woods. Once Rolo knows and trusts you he is absolutely brilliant company and would make a great addition to any home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

70CCB5AC-6FCB-4F98-8F28-DF259660C9C2.jpeg
A92542CA-90EA-4C8B-9081-6C2A811D9B89.jpeg
2DC22E30-6977-435F-96CF-1A42DCEF87BF.jpeg
Rolo didn’t bring me a ball when I entered his kennel today - instead he jumped up at me (nicely), and started sniffing at my pockets. I opened one, bent down - let Rolo help himself to a sausage or two while I got his leads on. As always, he took me straight to the paddock. It was sooooooo muddy and wet but Rolo didn’t mind at all. We played fetch for ages until I accidentally threw the ball too hard and it got stuck in the paddock fence.......who knew I was so strong?!? This totally perplexed Rolo - but he had a lot of fun trying to get his ball back. We had a lovely walk after our paddock time - Rolo not even noticing it was raining. Love this little man - he’s terrier through and through. Xx
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I've not had the chance to walk Rolo before today. He is your typical terrier boy. Rolo found a new tennis ball on route to the paddock which he proudly carried there. I know that Rolo loves his paddock time and his love of a game of ball. He had great fun and it was nice to witness him being so happy and carefree. After playing in the paddock we went for a walk and Rolo showed me exactly which way that he wanted to go thank you very much! A great little character our Rolo love4.gif xx
20180401_131151.jpg
20180401_131211.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

I had a brilliant walk with Rolo again this week - starting off as usual with chasing balls in the paddock. He found a large green toy and carried it around with him when we set off through the woods. He is a cheerful, entertaining, lovely little terrier who really does need that forever home to come along soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”