Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 - September 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Judy

Re: Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

Rolo really is a fun character, he was very pleased to see me this afternoon and was raring to go but made sure he took his toy with him which he did drop from time to time but soon picked it up again. I cannot understand why this little man hasn't been snapped up and am just hoping he will find his forever home very soon. love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

I had a lovely time with Rolo this afternoon, after he had selected a ball to carry with him we made our way through the woods to the Poets hut which Rolo made very clear that that was where he wanted to go. After having a good sniff around Rolo soon settled down next to me and had a great time playing with his ball, we spent quite a bit of time there before continuing with our walk. Rolo is such good company, I really do hope he finds his much deserved forever home soon. :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Judy

Post by Judy »

Yesterday afternoon I spent some more time in the Poet's hut with Rolo, unfortunately he forgot to bring his ball with him and so was search high and low for it once we got to the hut. Despite this Rolo enjoyed himself having a good roll around on his back and enjoying having some attention, after a while we went for a walk around the woods, I felt mean as Rolo really wanted to get down into the ditches but I thought better of him doing this as they were very muddy and so he looked at me disapprovingly but carried on with our walk. Such a gorgeous character this boy is. :smiley-chores002.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

94EB4618-6895-429E-8A31-98D61765964E.jpeg
AC840B2A-A042-4FB8-AF5A-BEB2F70257A2.jpeg
FF97F005-B112-4B25-BA99-B780AB04E5C0.jpeg
069BB0B1-0E44-4E44-99B1-484FB47B1F3F.jpeg
2B39BCF6-AC0D-4555-A3C6-CC2F9DB58EE4.jpeg
Rolo took me straight to the paddock today but we didn’t spend long in there - too hot to be chasing balls (although Rolo would have happily carried on). Off we went for a stroll in the woods - which took quite some time - Rolo wanted to play the whole way round. He dropped the ball, I had a nano second to kick it. If I wasn’t quick enough, he strutted off with it in his mouth then started the game again...... We found a nice shady spot to have a rest - Rolo enjoys his fuss once he knows you and happily accepts a back scratch. Today he rolled on his back - and I stroked his tummy. I always keep fuss short but frequent with Rolo - I would hate for him to be overwhelmed. He is a funny little boy, I love his determination - although it soon dissolves if you offer him a treat!! He jumped in Jim’s (another volunteer) van today. He loved it - had a good sniff about, his tail wagging. I know Jim hides treats in there - I’m pretty sure Rolo found a few. Xx
Judy

Post by Judy »

Another lovely walk with Rolo this afternoon, we went on a longer walk than usual playing ball along the way. Rolo did actually leave it a few times so I was able to pick it up and throw it normally he'll drop it but pick it up before I have a chance to pick it up. Rolo never tires of his ball games. This boy is such a great character. Heart fill with love.gif]
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

A Rolo protest...xx
A Rolo protest...xx
19A71006-58E8-48B6-91EC-9745192B1770.jpeg
Rolo welcomed me in to his kennel today by barking at me - all done in a friendly way. I don’t speak patterdale but I knew what he wanted - to put his nose in my pocket and get some sausages. I let him take one or two before we headed off on our walk. Straight to the paddock for ball time followed by chill out time in the poets hut. Then off through the woods, down the lane and do a left. Rolo always knows where he wants to go and if I decide to veer away from his chosen walk he does have a very peaceful protest. He’s now sooooo cheeky with me, he’s taken his protests up a notch. We now have the full laying down protest 0002.gif] If I wanted to move him on, I could but he’s so amusing to watch, I let him carry on until he feels he’s let his opinion be known. We then go the way I’ve chosen but at least Rolo has made his point!! Love spending time with this little pickle. Xx
heleny

Post by heleny »

0093.gif There is nothing more appealing than the sight of Rolo trotting along usually with a ball in his mouth. That little compact shape covered in brown furry curls always makes me smile. Rolo does indeed know his own mind but always enjoys his walks and time spent in the paddock. Once he knows you you get a wonderful greeting - he is a real character. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Rolo is in heaven - wallowing in the ditch. Xx
Rolo is in heaven - wallowing in the ditch. Xx
97E06692-0520-498E-B3EA-33E4895AC8EC.jpeg
Very happy greeting from Rolo today....a few barks, a few laps of his kennel, then it was raid the pockets time - same as always. He’s a funny little character, told every dog off we passed on our way out, totally ignored them on the way back. I always have a really fun walk with Rolo, I adore his bossy little ways, his facial expressions when he feels he’s been wronged are priceless.....by wronged I mean he wants to go left and I want to go right......After our paddock time I thought it best to have a nice shady walk through the woods. Rolo decided this was a good idea and pulled me all the way round until we got to a muddy ditch. Before I had a chance to stop him, he jumped straight in - my left foot following closely behind - little pickle. He looked so happy wallowing in the muddy ditch - I sat down and let him do his hippo impersonation for 5 minutes. When I finally persuaded him to move on, I used my whole bottle of water cleaning him down - which he loved. This little man is just the best company - I adore him. X
heleny

Post by heleny »

Rolo was my third walk of the day after I had walked two new in gorgeous little terriers. Walking Rolo is like spending time with an old friend - you just feel very comfortable in his company. He so enjoys being outside and trots along at a fast pace with the occasional glance up to check I am there. We didn't have our usual ball with us but Rolo managed without - he can get quite addicted to having that ball in his mouth as he trots round. He is a great little chap - let's hope his home comes along soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

1B72C627-4487-457E-A416-BA3EC3A1742A.jpeg
I took a new toy in for Rolo today - he loved it for all of 5 minutes until he found a completely bald tennis ball. He couldn’t decide which one he preferred and looked at them both, going from one to the other, head tilting left to right. His little face was a picture. He settled on the new toy which he thoroughly enjoyed chasing in the paddock. When we left, he pulled me straight to the discarded tennis ball. He didn’t want to move until I picked up the ball. So I carried the ball, Rolo carried the toy. He really is a funny little character - the more you get to know him, the more endearing he becomes. Rolo is a terrier lovers dream. Xx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”