Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 - September 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Chapmania

Re: Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

I took Rolo a new tennis ball as a present yesterday which he was more than happy to accept. He proudly carried it on our walk. It was extremely hot so I tried to keep as much of our walk in the shade as possible. Anybody that walks Rolo will know that the paddock is his ultimate favourite place and hot or not Rolo was not going to be stopped from playing ball 0002.gif] We made it a brief stop but Rolo had a great time sniffing around and then a game of ball. He never fails to bring the ball back for you to throw again. With Rolo agreeing with me to leave the paddock we continued our walk through the shaded woods. We paid a visit to the Poets Hut where Rolo had a good sniff and then laid and rested a while on the comfy sofa. Rolo may be a little boy but he has a huge personality. The more you get to know him you realise just how big! Great character love4.gif xx
20180527_141100.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

More toy play

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

If I needed a little pick me up, the welcome I got from Rolo certainly gave it to me. Double spins, bed jumping - in then out, back leg hops, followed by little jump ups at me. He wanted to raid my pockets but I only had a waist bag......so I undid it for him and let him help himself to one or five pieces of chicken. Rolo never fails to entertain - he’s the cheekiest little pickle you could wish to meet. After our paddock time we took a stroll through the woods. I was picking up a Rolo deposit when quick as a flash he’d jumped in to the muddy trench.....AGAIN!!! Only a branch saved me from following him. Back at the kennels the real fun began.......shower time!! Holding a toy, chicken pieces, Rolo and a shower is no easy task!!! I can’t tell you he enjoyed his shower but he took it in good grace and I’ve still got all my fingers......phew. Love little Rolo to bits. Xx
9309D10A-0B18-4DE1-84F1-112AF78A78D6.jpeg
27FB19B3-8E7D-41DF-B2E8-42AA1F4C704B.jpeg
499E81B0-9289-40BE-83CC-BCFEA3530C74.jpeg
BB5B67AB-664C-425E-B954-8D11456B3384.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

What amazing photos of Rolo! He really is a dear, quirky little dog who always manages to make me smile and cheer up my day. He gave me a rapturous greeting yesterday and seemed to be waiting for me in his pen. He was really pleased when I offered him a new ball which he kept with him throughout the walk. We went for quite a long walk through the woods - Rolo enjoyed all the sights, smells of a beautiful sunny day - all the while holding onto his ball with the occasional drop of the said ball so I could throw it for him. Rolo has to know you before you see his best, lovely nature and is wary of strangers. That said, he is easy to get to know and then you are friends forever! :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Rolo is always a pleasure to spend time with - I love everything about him. He was not impressed the paddock wasn’t free - and took it out on his toy. Five seconds later he’s forgotten all about it and is racing towards the poets hut. I sat down and he jumped on my lap - most unlike Rolo. Yesterday he wasn’t feeling well so I think he wanted a hug - which of course I gave him. He’s only ever done this once before.....felt very privileged to get a Rolo hug. Xx.
CEA22A8D-3358-4302-ADEF-3FEA122C2603.jpeg
3290392E-5754-452C-B2DE-90009EE5DECC.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Rolo had recovered - thank goodness - and really enjoyed his walk today. He saw me as I approached his pen and started jumping with joy - he is such a lovely little character. I gave him his new ball and he carried this through the woodlands, occasionally stopping as he wanted me to play with him with it. There is something about Rolo which always makes me smile and I so so wish his forever home would come along as he needs his own supportive owner and comfy sofa. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

I heard Rolo before I saw him - he was giving me a good telling off for walking another dog......how dare I!!! The paddock door has moved and mr bossy boots saw me with Marley.....and had a very noisy protest. I had to shout to him that I’d come and get him soon. Once i’d acknowledged him - he was fine......such a diva!!! Half an hour later I went and got him - and was rewarded with the Rolo greeting. He took me straight to the paddock but after 5 minutes I accidentally threw his toy over the fence. Rolo was perplexed. I put his lead on so we could go and find it - but Rolo decided to raid the tennis ball box on the way out. None of them were to his liking so off we went to get his toy. Although Rolo loves his walks, he really does enjoy playing with a trusted human. He loves it if I throw his toy up in the air - he jumps to catch it over and over again. Walking Rolo is never dull and he always keeps me on my toes. Xx
587746B0-2D15-48B5-9A80-9C459E0353C4.jpeg
4978E799-801E-43AC-84E6-B9245CAD93F2.jpeg
B3D8C659-2D4E-40BD-AAC1-C26BF3DC1D59.jpeg
F131AAF5-2056-4031-A972-3E47DD554DAA.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

0093.gif lovely photos thank you - Rolo certainly is a photogenic little chap with those lovely brown curls, cute face and cuddly shape. He was in the mood for a long walk today and we walked along fairly fast - well very fast at times - as our game on the walk is to throw the ball in the air for Rolo to catch or to chase after. He really is such an amazing little character. He would really bring joy to the right person - let's hope that person comes along soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Rolo didn’t want to walk to far today - he had his paddock time and that was enough for him - the heat defeated even this mighty little man. I’ve come to know Rolo quite well - from the aloof, nervous boy I first walked several months ago to the trusting, funny, little pickle he has become. He was more than happy to sit in the shade with me, just playing with his toy, having his back stroked. Rolo really does enjoy the company of a trusted human and I feel very honoured to be one of those. I went back to see him after i walked Mandy and told him as soon as I win the lottery I’m taking him, Vinnie and Marley home with me. Love this boy to bits. Xx
E185C4D2-5A14-4415-A9BD-2E2E7D0CCDCD.jpeg
BE0E6708-8535-40B5-8581-ED0F316262CB.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Lovely post and photos. I'm keeping everything crossed that you win the lotto and that Rolo gets the home he deserves. He is indeed a special little character and I would so dearly like to see him in the home he deserves and needs. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”