Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 - September 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
heleny

Re: Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

I too have a soft spot for this little character. He had a lovely run round the paddock - albeit at the end of a long lead - and had real fun playing with numerous tennis balls. He was delighted that the box of balls was full today and I let him choose the ones he wanted to play with. We then went for a short walk through the woods. Once Rolo knows and trusts you he is absolutely brilliant company and would make a great addition to any home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

70CCB5AC-6FCB-4F98-8F28-DF259660C9C2.jpeg
A92542CA-90EA-4C8B-9081-6C2A811D9B89.jpeg
2DC22E30-6977-435F-96CF-1A42DCEF87BF.jpeg
Rolo didn’t bring me a ball when I entered his kennel today - instead he jumped up at me (nicely), and started sniffing at my pockets. I opened one, bent down - let Rolo help himself to a sausage or two while I got his leads on. As always, he took me straight to the paddock. It was sooooooo muddy and wet but Rolo didn’t mind at all. We played fetch for ages until I accidentally threw the ball too hard and it got stuck in the paddock fence.......who knew I was so strong?!? This totally perplexed Rolo - but he had a lot of fun trying to get his ball back. We had a lovely walk after our paddock time - Rolo not even noticing it was raining. Love this little man - he’s terrier through and through. Xx
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I've not had the chance to walk Rolo before today. He is your typical terrier boy. Rolo found a new tennis ball on route to the paddock which he proudly carried there. I know that Rolo loves his paddock time and his love of a game of ball. He had great fun and it was nice to witness him being so happy and carefree. After playing in the paddock we went for a walk and Rolo showed me exactly which way that he wanted to go thank you very much! A great little character our Rolo love4.gif xx
20180401_131151.jpg
20180401_131211.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

I had a brilliant walk with Rolo again this week - starting off as usual with chasing balls in the paddock. He found a large green toy and carried it around with him when we set off through the woods. He is a cheerful, entertaining, lovely little terrier who really does need that forever home to come along soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

B3F334A3-62C2-4B57-84B6-D65D5052591D.jpeg
Rolo has a huge personality, knows his own mind and it just the most wonderful character to walk and spend time with. Once he knows you and he lets his terrier guard down, you’ll find Rolo to be a friendly, cheeky little man. I didn’t take him to the paddock today, he let me know he wasn’t impressed by a stand still, dig his heels in protest! This didn’t last long - Rolo will do anything for a treat and was easily persuaded to walk on. We went on a different route today - Rolo unsure at first but a few happy, cajoling words and he was fine. He thoroughly enjoyed this new walk - he was perfectly behaved paying no attention to the passing traffic. Despite Rolos bravado and hard exterior, underneath is a little man who really does want to trust - he just needs to build a friendship with you first. He’s adorable. Xx.
heleny

Post by heleny »

You have captured this little man in a nutshell - brilliant write up - lovely to read. He is just adorable and needs a home. 0093.gif :nicethread.gif: :thanks.gif:
Judy

Post by Judy »

Rolo really is a fun character, he was very pleased to see me this afternoon and was raring to go but made sure he took his toy with him which he did drop from time to time but soon picked it up again. I cannot understand why this little man hasn't been snapped up and am just hoping he will find his forever home very soon. love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

I had a lovely time with Rolo this afternoon, after he had selected a ball to carry with him we made our way through the woods to the Poets hut which Rolo made very clear that that was where he wanted to go. After having a good sniff around Rolo soon settled down next to me and had a great time playing with his ball, we spent quite a bit of time there before continuing with our walk. Rolo is such good company, I really do hope he finds his much deserved forever home soon. :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Judy

Post by Judy »

Yesterday afternoon I spent some more time in the Poet's hut with Rolo, unfortunately he forgot to bring his ball with him and so was search high and low for it once we got to the hut. Despite this Rolo enjoyed himself having a good roll around on his back and enjoying having some attention, after a while we went for a walk around the woods, I felt mean as Rolo really wanted to get down into the ditches but I thought better of him doing this as they were very muddy and so he looked at me disapprovingly but carried on with our walk. Such a gorgeous character this boy is. :smiley-chores002.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

94EB4618-6895-429E-8A31-98D61765964E.jpeg
AC840B2A-A042-4FB8-AF5A-BEB2F70257A2.jpeg
FF97F005-B112-4B25-BA99-B780AB04E5C0.jpeg
069BB0B1-0E44-4E44-99B1-484FB47B1F3F.jpeg
2B39BCF6-AC0D-4555-A3C6-CC2F9DB58EE4.jpeg
Rolo took me straight to the paddock today but we didn’t spend long in there - too hot to be chasing balls (although Rolo would have happily carried on). Off we went for a stroll in the woods - which took quite some time - Rolo wanted to play the whole way round. He dropped the ball, I had a nano second to kick it. If I wasn’t quick enough, he strutted off with it in his mouth then started the game again...... We found a nice shady spot to have a rest - Rolo enjoys his fuss once he knows you and happily accepts a back scratch. Today he rolled on his back - and I stroked his tummy. I always keep fuss short but frequent with Rolo - I would hate for him to be overwhelmed. He is a funny little boy, I love his determination - although it soon dissolves if you offer him a treat!! He jumped in Jim’s (another volunteer) van today. He loved it - had a good sniff about, his tail wagging. I know Jim hides treats in there - I’m pretty sure Rolo found a few. Xx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”