Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Gatwick Kenns

Terrierrescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
Judy

Re: Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:17 pm

I met Rolo for the first time today, he was a bit apprehensive when I entered his kennel, I offered him a treat so we could make friends but he wasn't interested so I decided it was best to get on with taking him out. He is very easy to get in and out the kennel block and doesn't react to the other dogs. At the beginning of our walk Rolo kept looking up at me for reassurance but he soon relaxed and enjoyed being out and about. Rolo is such a sweet boy when we got back after our walk Rolo happily accepted his treats. love4.gif

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:57 pm

Rolo and I are now firm friends and he really enjoyed his walk through the wind and rain. He was ok when he saw dogs in the distance but did react a bit when some horses passed us. He is a lovely chap - I am sure he is wondering why his life has changed so much and it is a shame we can't explain to him. What we can do is make him feel loved and wanted and hopefully soon Rolo will find his forever home. love4.gif love4.gif :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Judy

Post by Judy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:12 am

It was lovely to see that Rolo has gained in confidence since arriving back to the kennels. He was very pleased to see me yesterday afternoon and was eager to get out for his walk. We did pass another dog walker whilst out and Rolo did have a bit of a barking session but as soon as we moved on he soon forgot what it was all about. He is very responsive when talking to him and looks back at you with those lovely brown eyes. He is such a gorgeous boy. Heart fill with love.gif]

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:07 pm

IMG_3973.JPG
IMG_3972.JPG
Rolo greeted me at his door with a waggy tail and a quick find the ball - which he happily presented to me. Off we went to the paddock to play his favourite game - chase the ball, bring it back, only drop it for a piece of chicken and a stroke behind his ears. He's a little character - doing everything on his terms (at least that's what I have him believe). We enjoyed a walk after our paddock time - rolo's tail up the whole time. He does a lovely half hearted sit for a treat - his bottom never fully hitting the floor......but that's good enough for me.xx.

heleny

Post by heleny » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:32 pm

Lovely walk with this great little chap today. He was good around the traffic, ignored another dog and kept up a fast pace for the whole walk. He would love his human to come along and take him home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Rolo really has come on in leaps and bounds with his confidence since he first arrived. He is such a character, when we first set off on our walk this afternoon he kept looking back at me with his shiny brown eyes in the hope that I might give him a treat but soon he realised that he would have to wait until we got back. He walks at a good pace stopping occasionally to sniff new smells. When we got back Rolo waited patiently for his sausage treats which he thoroughly enjoyed. bighug.gif

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Rolo wasn't on my list of dogs to walk (don't worry Rolo - this dog walking diva had a friendly/menacing word in Kim's ear :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: ), but I couldn't not go in to his kennel and see him. He was delighted to see me - as I was him. He jumped up at me, barked with excitement then happily shared his bed with me for five minutes. I honestly don't mind which dogs are on my list, they're all adorable, just as long as Rolo is one of them 0002.gif] 0002.gif]

frankie

Post by frankie » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Harry and I took Rolo out yesterday he is a dear little chap with an unusual coat who walks so proud. He found a tennis ball and carried it with him dropping it occasionally for me to gently kick it so he could chase it and pick it up .He did try to bark at a passing dog with it in his mouth but wouldn't drop it. It was very funny . Bless him . Will try and upload pics later .

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Rolo does love finding tennis balls, he found one again today whilst we were walking through the woods, he carried it back to his kennel, determined not to drop it, as soon as he entered his kennel he jumped up on his chair and really didn't want to let the ball go until I offered him his sausage treats. Rolo is such a lovely boy with plenty of character. love4.gif

heleny

Post by heleny » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Rolo is indeed a lovely boy with plenty of character. He enjoyed his walk especially when we braved the mud and went into the woods. He showed some interest in dogs we met although we did not get too close. He found a large kong in the kennel block and thought that was great. He is a great little dog and needs the lovely home which he deserves. :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”