Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 - September 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Pegmilly

Re: Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

I know it’s wrong to have favourites - but no one told my heart that when Rolo wormed his way in to it :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: :smiley-rolleyes010.gif: The Rolo greeting is now legendary - those who know him will tell you he gives the best welcome and is always so very grateful to be going out. The paddock was busy - Rolo was not impressed and dug his heels in - so we mooched about nearby for a few minutes. As soon as it was free, and he’d told off the the dog and human occupiers of the paddock, in we went. Rolo loves his paddock time - he is carefree in here. We play fetch, we play chase Corrina, we play hunt the sausage - we just have a whole lot of fun. This is when he is at his best and he listens and interacts with me. He knows sit, wait, leave it, find it......as long as there’s a sausage involved. I can read Rolo easily now - we have become firm friends and I honestly wouldn’t change a thing about this little man. Xx.
F01BE3CD-7E25-42EF-BC77-E0AE37A5F2CF.jpeg
8860C875-CA3F-4843-8F73-770A96321545.jpeg
15823421-0A0B-40FE-B17A-0BD4E4F4B0F4.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

This endearing little character never fails to make me smile. He is so lovely and the greeting he gives me when I open his pen door is second to none. He is always so pleased to see me. I managed to get him leave his ball at one point and we went for quite a long walk. We even managed a little paddle in the river where Rolo had a really long drink. Once back in his pen he had lots of treats, more cuddles and then sadly I sad goodbye. Let's hope his forever home comes along soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
RosC

Post by RosC »

Me and Kate took Rolo into the paddock this afternoon for a game of ball, Rolo's favourite pastime! Rolo will run and run, fetching the ball and bringing it back and dropping it for the next throw thumbs.gif
Rolo can be a bit grumpy when you go to get him out of the kennel if he doesn't know you but once he is chasing balls he is a different dog. He seems to make friends so much easier these days. I had to pop off for 5 minutes and on return I found Rolo and Kate having cuddles on the grass love4.gif doesn't take long these days to win little Rolo over. Come on forever home love4.gif
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

I was a bit put out with my Rolo greeting on Sunday. He was much happier to see the toy I bring him than me......cheek!! I got a good barking at and he seemed off with me. Not to be deterred, off we went. He didn’t jump up at me, he didn’t goad me to grab his toy, but kept looking at me and barking. I pulled my hood down (the weather was awful - rain, rain, rain) and said to him, it’s me silly. Well Rolo was delighted - and I got the greeting I’d missed out on earlier. Being the silly softie that i am, I walked King Rolo in the pouring rain with my hood down.....just to keep him happy. I’m now 100% sure Rolo is in charge....I’m just his loyal servant. Love this boy to bits. Xx.
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

Took Rolo for a game in the paddock with his favourite ball. He's very good at bringing the ball to you and gives it to you or drops it by you, then stares at it willing it to be thrown. He's a real character and the more time I spend with him, I like him more and more.
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Rolo is a pickle - there’s no denying that - but if there’s any such thing as the perfect pickle - Rolo is it. He loves the toy I bring him - it totally distracts him from passing dogs and people. When ever he gets frustrated - the toy gets it!! I sat on the floor in the paddock today - Rolo came over and sat down next to me. I stroked him and he jumped on my lap. Rolo doesn’t do this very often - so it’s extra special when it happens. I feel very connected to this little man - for some reason we understand each other and I love him to bits. He’s my best boy.....and he knows it. Xx.
FB5D3A8D-BC5D-4987-A918-0030190B9BA4.jpeg
D1079886-31CA-42E4-A516-2AC78D5BF433.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Lovely photos - thank you. I took one of Rolo in the stream having a mud bath today but can never seem to post them other than on face book. I hadn't seen him for about three weeks and, clearly from the rapturous greeting he gave me, he was pleased to see me again. I know he can be snappy with people he doesn't know and he can be a bit reactive to other dogs but this little terrier just captures my heart - with his cheerful, lovely nature and his curly brown coat. He is a tonic! He really enjoyed today's walk, insisting on playing with his ball and catching little pieces of sausage until I told him enough was enough and he needed to keep that little compact shape in trim by walking. Then we walked fairly briskly with Rolo having a fair few sniffs along the way. Come on forever home for Rolo - he seriously will enrich your lives and will not disappoint you - providing you get to know him and his quirky ways. blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

I walked my mate Rolo again yesterday - cheeky little chappie. He knows exactly how to get me to part with my bits of sausage and has incorporated sausage catching into most of our walks. I find him such a friendly, cheerful little dog but am always aware on walks that, despite his cute looks, people must not approach him who do not know him. This will change I am sure once he is in his forever home. He is a great little chap - I so wish that home would come soon. :crossfingers.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Well I won the lottery.....£10 on the postcode lottery......unfortunately not quite enough to buy a big house to let Rolo have his own quarters!! However, it was enough to buy a free range chicken - which Rolo had the majority of!!! My pictures of Rolo always feature the same red toy - I cannot stress enough how easy it is to pass humans and dogs alike once he is carrying this toy. I don’t let him have it for our whole walk - just for his paddock time, he loves to chase it (it squeaks), leaving the kennel area, and for any situation I think Rolo might find stressful. I have used the toy to teach Rolo leave it, find it, sit, and wait (I’ll admit the wait is still a work in progress but he is a patterdale after all!). Different things work for different dogs - Rolo and myself have found what works for us. Love my time with Rolo. Xx.
7775AD39-6027-4671-8792-A17F9414BB89.jpeg
Goodgirl17

Post by Goodgirl17 »

I took Rolo out for a little time away from the kennels. He is a very sweet dog and as long as he has his ball he is happy. We had a great time playing ball indoors, outdoors and everywhere he wanted. He did have a little rest but was soon back at it. We had a lovely walk around Ifield where he was not really bothered by other dogs like he is when in the kennels. He trotted along without much of a care only stopping to get the odd treat. He is a lovely dog and I really don't understand why he is still in kennels. He has won my heart and I cannot say how much he gives off the wrong impression when you first meet him. He barks yes, but once he gets out he is just interested in putting on a show with his ball. His way of dealing with stress. He is trained, sitting for a treat and on command. While I look forward to seeing him every weekend, I also hope it will soon be his turn to be homed with owner with a lovely garden - with ideally a sprinkler system as he loves his water too!
DSCN0839[1].jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”