Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 - September 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Judy

Re: Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

It is so uplifting to get the usual Rolo welcome, immediately he left his kennel this afternoon he found a tennis ball, as he does, and carried it with him for his entire walk unfortunately we were unable to play ball together as he didn't let go of it long enough for me to throw it for him but he seemed just happy carrying it. Rolo always keeps an eye on me when we are walking I guess just for reassurance. He is such a lovely little chap and a pleasure to be with. :smiley-chores002.gif:
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

What a handsome, clever chap!
What a handsome, clever chap!
It was my first meeting with Rolo today (we'd only said 'hello' in passing before). he quickly decided that I was OK and so we set off together for some fun. He didn't want treats to start with but seemed to enjoy me telling him that he was a good dog as we walked. By the time we reached the byway and waked along by the stream, he decided that 'hunt the roasted ham and chicken chunks' was quite a good game - he has a good terrier nose for sniffing things out! Rolo loved the sunshine, enjoyed the stroking and scratching, and loved the treats he got back in his kennel which made parting a bit easier. He did want to come back out but who could blame him, lovely boy!
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_4199.JPG
IMG_4198.JPG
IMG_4197.JPG
IMG_4196.JPG
IMG_4195.JPG
Rolo really has the most amazing character. He gives me the best welcome when I enter his kennel - and always finds and presents me with a ball. The paddock was free much to Rolos delight - and mine. He is a delight to watch chasing his ball, bringing it back, dropping it and getting his chicken reward. His little tail wags, he barks at me to throw it again. His happiness is contagious - makes me smile just being around him. On our walk he did bark at a passing dog but it was over before it really begun - no intensity to it. Rolo is pure joy to be around. Xx
heleny

Post by heleny »

Yes indeed Rolo is a lovely little character. He was my third walk of the day and enjoyed being out in the sunshine (trying to avoid the mud). He carried his ball with him throughout the walk which was no mean feat - occasionally he came across another ball and then had to deliberate which one to pick up. Let's hope his forever home comes along soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Judy

Post by Judy »

Rolo is indeed a great character, when we were walking around the woods yesterday he really wanted to go into the paddock for a chase around after the tennis ball which he carefully carried with him. Unfortunately the paddock wasn't free so we had to carry on walking, Rolo was a bit disappointed but soon forgot about it and carried on with his walk dropping his ball once in a while so I could throw it for him to chase. Being on a lead I wasn't able to throw far for this lovely boy but we were able to have a bit of a play anyway. love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

It was a lovely sunny day yesterday and Rolo enjoyed himself out on his walk with Charlie, managed to get some pics of him :D
DSC02286.JPG
DSC02284.JPG
DSC02288.JPG
DSC02302.JPG
DSC02305.JPG
DSC02299.JPG
DSC02285.JPG
DSC02290.JPG
DSC02293.JPG
DSC02294.JPG
DSC02296.JPG
DSC02300.JPG
thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_4305.JPG
This little man is as bright as a button. I love it when I enter his kennel and he presents me with a ball. I'm not allowed to have the ball but he likes for me to tell him what a good boy he is. He takes me straight to the paddock - pulling slightly the closer we get. Chasing his ball is his favourite thing to do but I'm allowed to take it from him for a piece of chicken......as long as I'm quick. On our walk he will try and pick the route - but the route always leads back to the paddock :dog_running-186.gif: Adore this boy. Xx
Judy

Post by Judy »

Rolo really is a lovable character, as usual he carried one of his balls from his kennel although he did drop it soon after we started our walk which is unusual but he was happy sniffing the new smells whilst we were out. When we got back to his kennel Rolo is very good as he waits patiently for his sausage treats. :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_4382.JPG
Muddy nose, bless him. X
Muddy nose, bless him. X
Rolo was not at all deterred by the rain today - I'm not sure he even noticed it. Off we went to the paddock, Rolo leading the way. He's so smart - he knows if he drops his ball he'll get a treat - 100% success rate today!! We had a lovely relaxed walk afterwards then back through the woodland walk. His little face was a picture when he saw Buster and Frankie were now in the paddock. He stood still, just looking at them, looking back at me, looking at them. I'm pretty sure he expected me to remove them so he could get back in there!!! Love this boy. X
heleny

Post by heleny »

I agree - Rolo is the most lovable of terriers and so smart. He led me to the paddock to the box of tennis balls and picked one out for himself. He is the most endearing little dog - excellent company and easy to walk. He enjoyed being in today's sunshine and wasn't at all phased by the knee high mud! Surely his home should come along soon? :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”