Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 - September 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Pegmilly

Re: Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

Rolo didn’t even notice the rain today - nothing stops this boy from enjoying his walk. Once you know him, he’s a straight forward dog and easy to read - however I never take anything for granted with Rolo. For example, today he got a twig stuck in his harness. I’d never just try and remove it - I told him I’m going to get it, gave him a little stroke, and asked him to hold his toy. Once I’d got the twig out, he was rewarded with lots of good boys and a sausage. Rolo just needs to be understood, not rushed and to build a rapport with you. He’s a very special little man to me - I trust Rolo to be Rolo - love him to bits. Xx.
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Rolo spotted me taking another dog to the paddock - I heard him before I saw him again. He doesn’t bark when I walk him - he was just letting me know he was waiting for me and not to forget about him, bless him. I shouted over to him, told him I’d be getting him soon - he seemed happy about that and stopped barking. Had a lovely time in the paddock with him - playing fetch, running around, and practicing his sit, leave it and come. He loves to learn....but is still coming to terms with ‘wait’.....but he tries his best!! Rolo walks beautifully - yes he has his peaceful protests when he lies on the ground refusing to move but he literally just lies there....it’s actually quite funny (sorry Rolo) because if I wanted to move him I could. After 2 minutes, when he’s proved his point (he wants to go back to the paddock) he gets up and trots off quite happily....daft boy. Rolo is a character - and I adore all of his quirks, good and not so good. Love him just the way he is. Xx.
78EA8721-ADD6-4ED7-8E6F-AC55B972575D.jpeg
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I took Roll to the paddock for the first time today, he is so happy playing fetch with his ball. He is so good at dropping the ball at your feet, and giving a lovely sit. It would be great if Roll found his forever home :smiley-dance017.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

After a few weeks away from walking it was so great to get back and over the past week I have walked Rolo three times. He really is a dear, quirky little character who doesn't ask for much - just a ball in the paddock, treats and some company. I love this little dog and so wish someone else would find it in their heart to love him too and give him the right home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

To know Rolo is to love him. He does not give his love easily - you have to earn it by getting to know him, by giving him sausage and by playing ball with him in the paddock. Following Corrina's example I bought Rolo a new toy - a Kong Wubba - and he loves it. He will run to fetch it and bring it back to you to be thrown again. He even took it to the water bowl in the paddock to give it a wash or a drink! He is an endearing, quirky little character and with his curly coat and cute face he always makes me smile. He is another little terrier who has been in kennel care for too long and he needs a home. [cry.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

Rolo was delighted to see me this morning (and his special toy, and his sausage treats - cupboard love?!). We spent some time playing in the paddock until Rolo got thoroughly out of breath and then went for a short walk through the woods. This little dog is so cute and the sight of that brown, curly shape trotting ahead of me always makes me smile. He continues to be a bit choosy about making friends first time and needs to be encouraged and wooed a bit before he decides to like you. Once that happens though the meanings of the words 'affectionate', 'loyal'. and 'loving' take on a completely different depth and strength. I love this little dog - come on special person please find Rolo. :goodluck.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Judy

Post by Judy »

I took Rolo for a walk this afternoon, I have taken him out before but not for quite a while, I am sure he seemed to remember me. He is such a funny little fella and still enjoys carrying a ball with him whilst out dropping it every so often so it can be thrown for him. I did feel sorry for him as he was at the end of leads and so was unable to run that far, having said this he still enjoyed his game. I love the way he looks at you with his gorgeous brown eyes, who can resist! When we got back to his kennel he enjoyed his sausage treats. love4.gif
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

Rolo was in fine spirits today. Once he'd got his ball from underneath his bed, we were off and out. Obviously Rolo started by heading off to the paddock but was quite easily persuaded to come on a walk. Only came to an abrupt halt a couple of times! 0002.gif] We passed a couple of other on-lead dogs and Rolo just gave a bit more of a vigorous chew on his ball. We then went to the paddock where he showed a bit of irritation with me as I wasn't throwing the ball fast enough!! 0002.gif] love4.gif
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

I’ve missed my walks with Rolo the last couple of weeks - he never ever fails to make me laugh. He’s a cheeky boy, gave me a good shouting at when I passed his kennel. Had to tell him I’d be back for him soon. He went to his bed, got a ball, dropped it at the kennel door, gave me his best pleading eyes and that was it.....I was persuaded to walk him next. He loves his walks, but loves his offlead time in the paddock the best. I can’t stress enough how much he enjoys light training and learning. We almost mastered ‘wait’ today!! We had a nice walk after the paddock - Rolo choosing the route.......which strangely enough always leads back to the paddock 0028.gif
62408FF1-EA26-4E4F-9B0C-1C8BA9444786.jpeg
Judy

Post by Judy »

Rolo and I had a great walk this afternoon, unusually Rolo dropped his ball quite early on and was happy to walk without it. I really cannot understand why this little fella is still waiting for that special person to take him home with them, he is such a character and delight to be with. love4.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”