Annie Parson's JRT DOB 07.05 - 21.09.20

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
anne

Re: Annie & Mylo JRTs DOB 2005 & 2010 Gatwick kenns

Post by anne »

Annie and Mylo came out for a little wander around the woods with Claire and I this morning. What an entertaining and adorable pair they are! Annie is quite slow because she has much sniffing about to do. Mylo loves a cuddle and is very connected to whoever is holding his lead. When we stopped to have a sit down in the grass and take some photos, Mylo was working the camera like a pro while Annie was more concerned with how many treats she could wheedle out of me. What a joy they are.
DSCF7114.jpganniemilo.jpg
DSCF7103.jpgannie.jpg
DSCF7095.jpgannie.jpg
DSCF7143.jpgmylo.jpg
DSCF7121.jpgmylo.jpga.jpg
cheeky!
cheeky!
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Annie I know of many years 12 in fact. She came to me from Essex and i was told she was a male Fox Terrier. On meeting it was clear she was a female Parson's Jack Russell. Annie had very keen working instincts and has guarded receptivity to touch. Annie needs to be engaged and gently approached and give her permission, usually now by lowering her head slightly as "OK here it comes, i might enjoy it" and "Ahh yes I do enjoy this as she leans in to a rub of her hips or a stroke to the ear. Annei can then be petted and patted and everything but ?picked up. I could probably achieve that because we know each over very well and i do know she only has 5 teeth left so she may handbag me not to little effect. Annie has been difficult to groom over the years and to keep her rear end clean because of seeing this all as an imposition. Her family sedated her at the vets when her fur really got out of hand. We managed to clean her up when she had a bout of diarrhoea recently, with me managing the sharp end with a warm towel and Jemma dealing with the other end.

Mylo is a sweet little boy who is totally devoted to Annie as with his people. Both have been around grandchildren with precautionary notes reference approaching Annie with respect. The grandchildren however were able to play with Mylo and have great interaction. Annie and Mylo used to play together in the first years Mylo arrived to join Annie but Annie is an old girl now and just exchanges companionship. Both are easy to manage on the lead and can be walked by one person with care around streets. Both receptive to meeting other dogs but always kept on extender leads for their walks. They have a soft diet mainly due to Annie's absense of teeth. They eat together and browse each others bowls. They love treats, again of a softer nature. They have had had rather a few treats of late, as they both came in with signs of having been thoroughly loved and spoilt. They were and are cherished. They have both lost weight over the course of 2 months, whilst they have been waiting for the outcome of do they go home or are they up for rehoming. Sadly with Terry health issues he has had to move into a nursing home and so both are on the market for a loving caring terrier family.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we walked these two little terriers again on tuesday and they were v pleased to be out and about - annie is v sprightly for her age and mylo is no slouch a very nice little duo who are absolutely easy to walk - hope to walk you both again soon
anne

Re: Annie & Mylo JRTs DOB 07.05 & 01.11 Gatwick kenns

Post by anne »

Annie and Mylo are delightful and entertaining. I have walked them a couple of times now and they put a smile on my face. Annie can be vocal, she likes to tell you what is what but she was happy to accept me clipping on a lead and a bit of fuss but not too much. Mylo seems to go with the flow. Out and about they are very easy to manage. Annie usually forges ahead, while Mylo is a few paces behind and he likes to stop and sniff, with Annie patiently waiting for him to continue with their walk.
After a walk they wait patiently, faces expectant for treats. They take their treats gently with no fussing between them.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

took these two little sweeties out with littlejim and new walker megan on wednesday all three were a delight to walk - annie barks a bit when you first go in because shes so excited to be going out i think - once out so v well behaved all three of them annie really enjoys her walk and mylo plods on at his own pace and is a v placid dog - made sure we had enough sos's and treats left at the end of walk as they really look forward to them - hope to walk you both again v soon
anne

Post by anne »

Another lovely walk this morning with the delightful duo. Annie and Milo just trotted along, not in the least bothered by Broc who was following us with Louise at the end of his lead. In fact all 3 dogs were beautifully behaved. Milo was the one forging ahead today, a proper little explorer, with Annie lagging behind. Towards the end of the walk I think Milo had got a bit tired because Annie took the lead but whoever is in front will always wait for the other one to catch up, so devoted they are to each other.
DSCF8407.jpgannie milo.jpg
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

A sweet pair. Annie is friendly but rather reserved and not bothered about having a fuss made over her. Mylo is very gregarious and affectionate and loves having a fuss made over him. He does a very cute sitting up on his back legs looking a bit like a penguin showing his somewhat rotund belly that you just have to tickle. They walk beautifully and were fine on meeting any other dogs that were out and about.
Sarahk

Re: Annie & Mylo JRT Pair DOB 07.05 & 01.11 Gatwick kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Annie and Mylo helped me with some Xmas photos last weekend - super duper duo love4.gif
75F1F43A-3A11-4560-894F-3489D2692F3B.jpeg
DB938A2A-ED42-4722-A229-324F0DAE4261.jpeg
xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
jan&nick

Re: Annie & Mylo JRT Pair DOB 07.05 & 01.11 Gatwick kenns

Post by jan&nick »

we took these two little sweeties out with frankie for a v good natured walk on sunday - all three walked nicely together before frankies homing and is it me or is mylo looking a lot trimmer and rather than plodding behind annie his character is starting to come out more - always a pleasure to take you two topdogs out
jan&nick

Re: Annie & Mylo JRT Pair DOB 07.05 & 01.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jan&nick »

always excited to see you when you go in annie and a fitter looking mylo set off for a nice little walk with dexter who had a route in mind and seemed to want to go only the reverse way round - annie and mylo never worry which way we go and were soon skipping along happily following the big lad - they all met other dogs nicely and both annie and mylo v much look forward to their sausages on return to their room - look no further if you are looking for two older well behaved dogs that are easy to walk - we hope their warm loving retirement home is just around the corner

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”