Arthur JRT x DOB 2012 France

Dogs that have found their forever home
mod6

Re: Arthur JRT x DOB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:50 pm by Ianj

Not walked Arthur for a couple of weeks but still received a nice greeting, he had a walk, a good run in the paddock, then a sit in the sun with licks and treats. His coat is still really soft and he still likes his tummy tickled.
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:40 pm by Charlie+Ted

It was my turn for some fun with Arthur on Friday :D
He had a lovely run around & then insisted on giving me a thorough face wash
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:05 pm by xxlynne

(Later returned)

King Arthur today was in amongst his knights without the need for shining armour. Neil could have done with a round table

Wow my adoption "Gotayer day" sitting on my mother, Teresa's lap

This was after the face wash as a show of appreciation

Lets go, at last I have a life to live
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Arthur has come back into our care. It is always very sad when our sensitive souls come back into kennels which so is against everything we wish for them. Arthur has done really well...and we are hoping another family will step forwards to support Arthur so he can rebuild trust as he has so much love to give and needs to devote himself to his family.

Our assessment is that a special needs dog will always have special needs. Their families need patience and continual acknowledgement as to how well they are doing and acceptance of frailties which may always limit their ultimate competences. I thank Arthur's family for supporting him thus far. Arthur now needs an accepting family who are caring enough to support him as a special needs dog, to delight in him and reminds themselves how well he are doing and not to lose patience and expect him to gain competencies which may never be within his scope. Arthur needs to be praised and supported as he has a low self esteem and his 'trust reserve' which needs nurture. We remain there for our terriers and our advice is common sense, empathetic, accepting and respectful in its simplicity.

It is a shame that we could not have helped Arthur's family more. We were faced with a break down of a relationship due to external advice adopted for example dropping cans of pebbles to startle. This is completely contrary to the approach we advocate with our terriers, dogs in general and especially our sensitive fragile souls. We have a very frightened boy in our midst at the moment. Lets move on and lets find a family who will accept Arthur's fragilities and love him assuaging his fears through loving kindness. Arthur now has a foundation thanks to the last 7 or so months. We could never have achieved this in kennels and we now look for a family to take him into their hearts an offering a sensitive respectful approach to match his sensitive nature and to know he is a very special boy.

Our hope is that Arthur's family will take on an easier Jack Russell and they continue to remember how much they helped our little Arthur develop his skills to make it 'home' with another family.
Tim

Post by Tim »

I met up with Arthur last Monday when he was returned, I wondered if he'd remember but 30 seconds after meeting him he was in my arms having a big cuddle, it was though i'd only seen him the day before not some 6 months or so....once you gain Arthur's trust he'll love and be loyal to you for life.

Went over to Gatwick and took Arthur for a nice long walk and showed him the regular walk he'll get with the Friday walkers, for part of the walk we were accompanied by a Lurcher, Arthur did his normal excitable bark but less than 5 mins into the walk they were both walking side by side :)

Took Arthur into the woodland where he loved it, I think the frosty morning gave off lots of exciting smells.

Back to the kennels where we had a nice long cuddle and a treat or three ;)
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Post by Tim »

Rachel and I took Arthur out for a nice walk this morning, as it was quite muddy Arthur persuaded me it would be easier if I picked him up and carried him over the mud, he did need a little persuading to jump down :)

A few photos from this morning......
untitled1.jpg
untitled-8.jpg
He spotted something that interested him
untitled-4.jpg
untitled-3.jpg
he does like his treats
untitled-6.jpg
untitled-7.jpg
Arthur was quite intrigued with the camera
untitled-9.jpg

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Little arthur out on his walk last week :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

You've probably heard the expression "happy as Larry", well on Friday I wanted to change it to "happy as Arthur" as this little guy was full of the joys of spring :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
And even happier when he spotted the treat bag ;)
image.jpg
image.jpg
Good boy Arthur :D
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Arthur enjoying the joys of spring :D
Tim

Post by Tim »

Rachel and I had the pleasure of taking Arthur to the vets for his yearly vaccination - He was as good as gold in the car sitting on Rachel's lap just watching the world go by, in fact he was so contented he fell asleep before we got to the vets :) , No problems at all with the needle, in fact he was better behaved than any of ours ;) . We had an extra passenger for the journey back, again Arthur sat on Rachel's lap and ignored the other dog in the back which we were both very impressed with. It would have been a different story a couple of months ago (ear plugs would have been needed) - Arthur is doing really well now.

Back at the kennels we took Arthur for a walk and then it was cuddle time with Rachel:
untitled-2.jpg
untitled-3.jpg
untitled-4.jpg
Kissy time, Arthus once he learns he can trust you does love his kisses and cuddles
untitled.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”