Arthur JRT x DOB 2012 France

Dogs that have found their forever home
mod6

Re: Arthur JRT x DOB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:37 pm by Ianj

3rd time with Arthur today, straight in to the kennel, hooked him up and away we went. He was pretty wet and muddy again so it was towels and tickles again. He was very clingy, desperate not to be left alone in his kennel, I had to get someone to distract him. Let us hope he gets a chance of a home or foster soon
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:18 pm by thr62

Had to pop over to the kennels yesterday so took the opportunity to take Arthur for a quick walk - he greeted me with his normal enthusiasm and off we walked along with Rachel, Lynne and Chilli. This time Rachel put Arthur back and he so did not want to be left on his own

Went back again today for a good hours walk - he must have heard me talking to one of the other walkers near his kennel as he was waiting by his door jumping up and down like a yo yo - tail wagging ten to the dozen

We had a nice long walk and spent some time in the paddock - he doesn't go further than 5 ft away from you even off lead - he's always got one eye on you - such a loyal dog even though he only sees me at weekends for a couple of hours

The rain then started so off we trotted back to dry off - I sat in his kennel for half an hour toweling him dry and we both put the world to rights - his dinner came round and he was quite happy to sit on my lap whilst I held his dinner bowl :)

Also a quick thank you to Patti for not locking me in this time :D
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:17 pm by ianj

straight out with Arthur today, he was peering out of his kennel as I turned the corner and was eager to go out. He has come on a long way in the past few weeks, I think he has trimmed down a bit and his face is more like a small jrt than some of the photos make it look, lovely smooth coat and likes ear scratching and tummy rubs. He loves his human contacts and is always reluctant to be left in the kennel again...
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:13 pm by thr62

We collected Arthur today and took him to the vets for his 2nd vaccination.

Greeted me with a waggy tail as always - car door open he jumped straight in and sat on Rachel's lap - good as gold in the car and just watched the world go by - after the vets we stopped off at a local park near to where we live - we went into the woods and he did what terriers love doing - sniffing every nook and cranny investigating all the rabbit holes - I thought he was going to take off his tail was wagging so much  :D

A few photos from today..

After a good hour's walk it was back in the car where Arthur promptly fell asleep on Rachel's lap (probably dreaming about rabbits)
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:09 pm by Ianj

Arthur was one of three dogs I walked yesterday and he was keen to go out, very lively and barking at all the kennelled dogs. It was only after taking the other two out I realised they were all a bit excitable, must have been the sunshine.
Arthur still needs a patient approach from 'unknowns' to gain his confidence and broaden his general outlook, maybe something in his past has caused that, meantime we will keep walking.
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:29 pm by Charlie+Ted

Lovely lively walk with Arthur this afternoon :D
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:36 pm by thr62

Took Arthur out for a run in the paddock - Boy did he enjoy himself :D

Don't know if it was the warm weather but he ran his little heart out - he would go for a manic sprint around the paddock - come back for a quick hello & treat then he'd be off again - I'm sure he was chasing his own shadow - it was so nice to see him ears back, tail wagging and enjoying himself.

After a nice long drink we went for a walk down to the farm and back.

Paddock was still empty so we popped back in there - Arthur certainly enjoyed his tummy tickle - so much so he completely ignored two other dogs walking by. On leaving the paddock Arthur then met one of the other walkers Helen - Arthur was on his best behaviour and even allowed Helen to stroke him and give him a treat - I'm certainly now starting to see an improvement in Arthur who's gradually starting to get more confident and his trust in people is growing.
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:51 pm by chapmania

I have met Arthur a few times but it seemed as if he wasn't that keen on me! Last week when I passed his kennel he ran up to me and was quite happy when I stopped to talk to him. He even took sausages off me. A big breakthrough!!

Today the breakthrough was bigger and better!!  :D

When I returned Lavinia to her kennel Arthur was out in the back paddock. He saw me and started barking. It seemed as if he was asking me to walk him! For a walk we went and Arthur was as good as gold for me. He wasn't that keen on the horse that poked its' head over the fence to say hello, nor was he that keen on a couple of cars that passed by us.

We caught up with Dawn and Nessa. Arthur started barking but was wagging his tail so I guessed that he was introducing himself.  :D

Arthur sniffing in the daffodils.

Wonderful to see Arthur is settling down and gaining trust in different people. He so loves a cuddle.
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:09 pm
collected arthur for his Saturday walk I was a bit later than normal and Arthur was waiting patiently by the door. We started off in the paddock where Arthur spent the first 10 mins running around sniffing everywhere - he is very responsive when you call him, he can be at the other end of the paddock but he soon comes running back ( and you don't have to have a treat either).

Then it was a nice long road walk and as the paddock was free we popped back in for another run. As the sun was out Arthur spent 10 mins lying on my lap - legs in the air, sunbathing - nice to see him so relaxed - how I wished I had a camera with me.
mod6

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:40 pm by thr62

Walked Arthur today - as always I was greeted with such enthuisasm - we went for a longer walk round the fields (almost a good hour) - this time he ignored the horses in the nearby field - I think he's starting to realise they're not after him.
We then stopped off in the paddock for an off lead run, on previous visits when I 've picked up a toy or tennis ball and thrown it he's looked at me as if I was stark raving mad - I don't think he knew what to do - not today!

Threw the ball and he was off like Usain bolt chasing it across the grass, ears back. tail wagging, I've now just got to train him to bring me the ball back :D

We then had a nice cuddle and Arthur provided me with a face wash.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”