Arthur JRT x DOB 2012 Gatwick Kenns/Horley W/E foster

Terrierrescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Re: Arthur JRT x DOB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Postby Tim » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:16 pm

Walked my favourite boy yesterday and we went on a little adventure..(a secluded and secure field) where Arthur ran his little heart out :biggrin.gif: - His recall is second to none amazing really as I don't believe he's ever been an off lead dog - although I did have a secret weapon - cheese, not any old value line cheese but cathedral city Arthur's favourite :) - next time I'll remember to take the video. After the walk we sat in the kennels for another 10 mins having a big cuddle.
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Postby Tim » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Took Arthur out yesterday back to the secure field where we've been before - I've promised Arthur I'll come back this weekend with a tennis ball or two and he can have a really good run around - below is a short video taken on my phone so apologies the quality isn't fantastic but you'll see he enjoyed himself.

(Next time I'll bring Rachel and the video camera so I'll be able to capture his great personality in full HD quality :) )

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Tim

Postby Tim » Mon May 04, 2015 7:27 pm

DSC_1426.jpg

I promised Arthur I'd come back with a tennis ball and hopefully a bit of sun (I managed to deliver on both accounts) :)

As you'll see from the video he does love his tennis ball although it was quite warm he was still running around and when he got bored with the ball Rachel had cut up very small chunks of cheese for him to sniff out. I'd throw the cheese around the field and get Arthur using his terrier instincts to sniff them out.

I even managed to get a couple of photos...
DSC_1382.jpg
DSC_1369.jpg
DSC_1357.jpg
DSC_1385.jpg
DSC_1390.jpg
DSC_1423.jpg
DSC_1425.jpg

Tim

Postby Sarahk » Fri May 15, 2015 7:30 pm

Loving the pics Tim :D

Arthur had a lovely walk today, here with a trio of terriers, Archie, Sandie and Arthur at the rear !
image.jpg

Arthur had to remind Charlie the rules, you know the one... " I don't go back in the kennels without a treat first rule " !!!
image.jpg

:D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Re: Arthur JRT x DOB 2012 Gatwick W/E Foster & Kenns

Postby DawnG » Sun May 17, 2015 9:21 pm

This weekend we were introduced to Arthur for a weekend foster and I have to say he's a lovely boy, who was quick to show us loads of affection :biggrin.gif:
He settled in really well after exploring the whole house, he then encouraged us out into the sunshine for a while.
It has to be said that Tim has worked wonders on this little boy, he really enjoys his walks, investigating every little bit of his surroundings. he will walk ahead with confidence, yet listens to you when you talk to and recall him.
Arthur surveying the countryside from a excellent view point.
Today we had a wonderful walk in the sunshine through the Surrey countryside and Arthur was smiles all of the way :biggrin.gif:
We finished our walk with a brief stop at the pub, where Arthur continued to impress us staying calm with lots of people, cyclists and traffic around us.
What a wonderful boy to spend time with :biggrin.gif:
DawnG

Postby DawnG » Thu May 28, 2015 10:11 pm

We had the pleasure of Arthur's company over the bank holiday weekend and we all enjoyed the wonderful spring sunshine :biggrin.gif:
we went on long walks in new places where Arthur found it all very exciting.
I'll sit here on your lap for a moment while I decide where you're going to walk me :biggrin.gif:
stopped for refreshments at a pub after 4 hours out in the countryside.........Arthur's asking where's his pint :biggrin.gif:
of course after a good long walk every happy dog needs a little nap........ or two
DawnG

Postby DawnG » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:45 pm

We couldn't resist another weekend foster with Arthur :) & when I collected him from the kennels he was all wagging tails & kisses.
Saturdays have become our long walking day and this time we decided to visit the Ashdown Forest. While strolling through 500 acre wood Arthur decided he'd like to view his surroundings, a tree stump will do nicely.
He does like to check things out when we're out and about.
Half way through our walk we thought it was time for lunch, break out the blanket...........
Arthur wasn't sure which to watch more, the picnic or the sheep crossing the field
Those darn sheep just keep coming and coming, don't mind me standing on you to get a better look :biggrin.gif:
As it was a lovely day we got ice cream to share & as it turns out Arthur likes ice cream lots....... Get the picture quick before it's all gone :biggrin.gif:
We came to Pooh sticks bridge and Dawn had to explain how the game works........ Arthur's a quick learner.
Needless to say we all had a great time & after a day out walking in lovely countryside we came home & put our feet up ;)
He is such a sweet heart.
DawnG

Postby xxlynne » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:58 am

Delighted in taking Arthur out for a walk today to the local park

I did a quick road check and yes he still is a firecracker (Apologises not the best vid)

We then went and had a lovely walk didnt take as many photos as Id thought but here is the few I did
ArthurJun1.jpg
ArthurJun2.jpg
ArthurJun3.jpg

Arthur is welcoming of walkers into his kennel now. Easy to manage and delights to be lifted into your arms and carried through the kennel block taking solace in close physical protection. Easy in the crate in the dog mobile; didn't 'kick off' with the other dogs even though they were visible. I easily put a new collar & harness on and got a few licks for my trouble. Response to voice coming back from the length of the extender with ease and in delight.

Darling Arthur you have come sooo far just traffic cyclists and some passerbys by put you on alert. Love you!
xxlynne

Postby Sarahk » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:32 pm

Arthur had fun at the funday today - snuck in and planted a smacker on Charlie !
DSC07959.JPG
DSC07960.JPG
DSC07962.JPG

Proudly sporting his rosette :biggrin.gif:
DSC07963.JPG
DSC07968.JPG
DSC07964.JPG

I watched him leave with his weekend fosterers Dawn and Pete, Arthur sat on Dawns lap on the passenger seat with a big smile on his face grinning out of the window :biggrin.gif:
Sarahk

Postby Sarahk » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:18 pm

Catching up on some of my photos, here's Arthur from a few Friday's ago, enjoying some extender fun :D
image.jpg
Sarahk

Postby katz » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:54 pm

Belated photo of Arthur relaxing with Pete at the Funday - Arthur definitely had fun! :lol:
P1040418.JPG
Arthur and Pete
katz
katz

Postby Sarahk » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:17 pm

Arthur did so well today, he walked with the big boys and girls ! That would be Roxie, Kiki, Finn and Tommy, Arthur took up position at the rear and walked really well, very happy boy :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
Sarahk

PreviousNext

Return to 3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES