Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 Guildford Kenns

Terrierrescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
Greyhound Girl

Re: Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 Guildford Kenns

Post by Greyhound Girl » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Had the pleasure of walking little Basil today.... cuteness alert!!! He walks perfectly on the lead and very responsive and treat orientated. All round super boy, I can't believe he is still in kennels? Forever home where are you?

claudia

Post by claudia » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:52 pm

Took this dinky little chap out today for the first time and what a sweetie he is! Absolutely good as gold and incredibly cute with it! Easy to walk and loves people and cuddles! I can see why Kerry loves him much he is adorable!

AmyB

Post by AmyB » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:33 pm

Basil came to stay with me this Xmas (again) and he was his usual chirpy little self. I was a bit worried at first with having Basil a whole week in my little one bed flat because of lack of space but found with a good long walk every day he pretty much spent the rest of the afternoon/evening resting- i forgot how much this boy likes to sleep after a day out and about! Basil is a big character for such a small dog and he will come to you when he wants play time, tummy rubs and attention but also lets you know when he wants to be left alone with a gentle growl to say 'leave me alone its bedtime!'.
He spent the week on plenty of play dates with other dogs, has been really good interacting with them over the common and even played with a couple of the younger dogs he met. He's such a sociable little guy when out and about and even got recognised in a pub by the pub owner who remembered him from a visit a long time ago and was impressed with how well he has come along- Basil relaxed and lying quietly in a busy pub surrounded by other dogs!!!
Anyone whose had rescue dogs in the past or is willing to understand rescue dogs and their needs will LOVE this little guy and all he has to offer. This is Basil's third Xmas with Rescue Remedies and I really hope 2016 is the year he finds his Forever Home!!!!
WP_20151114_10_19_02_Pro.jpg
WP_20151220_20_14_13_Pro.jpg
WP_20151229_13_05_27_Pro.jpg
WP_20151114_12_35_06_Pro.jpg
WP_20151115_13_33_57_Pro.jpg

Dani

Post by Dani » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Lots of fun with Basil today, very loving and sweet little man. He had to investigate the lovely smells on the way, not even a off lead German shepherd dog running to say hello to him could distract him from the lovely smells he was having so much fun. I signalled to the gsd's owners when I finally saw them.It did take me by surprise a bit :shock: .I tried to take lots of pics of Basil but I mainly got blurs. It's a shame the little man has waited a long time for a home,hopefully not long now.
PE_20160110202112.jpg
Basil

AmyB

Post by AmyB » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:11 pm

Quick photo update of Basil from last weekend 30/31st Jan. He had great fun out exploring Ockham Common early Saturday morning. Hes very well behaved travelling in the car and loves to poke his nose out the car window as soon as he gets wind of where he's going. He's getting so much better with other dogs approaching him and hes really relaxed alot on walks which also allows him more time for sniffing away at his surroundings. Even with his muzzle on hes such a handsome looking dog hes gets plenty of attention from other walkers he meets out and about. Then back to mine where he enjoyed a long peaceful snooze away from the kennels. Hopefully someone can offer this special boy his own place to call home soon!
Basil 3.jpg
Basil 2.jpg
Basil 5.jpg
Basil 4.jpg

Dani

Post by Dani » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:03 pm

Aww 0093.gif .I find photo's of Basil a challenge lol.

I took Basil out today, he is very good when putting a muzzle on him and happy with it on bless him. Nice walk sniffing all the great smells as usual. I have never seen Basil react to a dog yet and is lovely in dogs company. He did well as usual with the dogs we passed today. When back at kennels we went for play in paddock and all Basil wanted was cuddles and attention. Such a sweet little terrier, I don't think you can get more of a patterdale than dear busy little bee Basil. It's lovely he gets weekend foster breaks to rest.

MrsP

Post by MrsP » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:09 pm

I'm super fond of Basil, he's just so entertaining, he trots along enjoying a snuffle but always checking up at you love4.gif .

Said a lovely hello to a Border terrier today but then lost his nerve a bit, I'm not sure why he changed his mind but it was just bluster and he got over himself. It's not anything to worry about as he's happy in his muzzle and the Bordie wasn't worried by him either so I think we all knew he didn't mean anything by it, just a little loss of confidence. We then walked back from the island with Zola and they were surprisingly relaxed in eachother's company.
Basil1.jpg
Showing off his new outfit under the shelter out of the rain

AmyB

Post by AmyB » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Little Basil spent the last two weekends out on foster. He was in a very sociable mood and managed to stop lots of people in their tracks asking questions about him & his reasons for wearing a muzzle in public when he has such a waggy tail. They soon found out he's a big softie at heart love4.gif Just a typical Paterdale Terrier! Even on the long lead Basil didnt stray far, far enough for a good sniff around and came trotting back on recall with no treats needed! You just need to spend a short amount of time with this little guy and you'll want to take him home!!
WP_20160228_16_16_55_Pro.jpg
Baz-(Colour).jpg

kashers

Post by kashers » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:13 pm

I haven't walked basil for quite a while so it was great to catch up with him today. I had forgotten what a lovely patterdale character this boy is. Putting on his muzzle was not a problem and he accepts this really well. We crossed a busy road by the kennel and he was so good. I asked him to sit while waiting which he did. We had a lovely walk in the sunshine and he was a very busy boy sniffing anything and everything. He even had a little rub and roll in the ground. When you call him he does look back and remembers you are there and comes for a cuddle and fuss. I took him by the canal and then up the back of the canal to what we call the "beach". It was lovely and a lot of new sights and smells for basil. We did see three off lead dogs across the other side of the canal and basil did express an interest but I think it was just "oh look FRIENDS! They look fun". We had to cross the main busy road again and Basil's bottom was firmly sat while we waited. I kept saying good boy and then his little tail nearly wagged off he was so pleased with himself. I was so impressed by his obedience. He is a dear little thing and I really enjoyed my time with him today.

AmyB

Post by AmyB » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:37 pm

Foster weekend- Basil's first trip to the Beach.

For Basil's weekend out of kennels I took him down to West Wittering. He enjoyed running around the beach (see video clip!) and as we found a fairly quiet spot I left him on the long lead all day so he could wander around as he pleased. After a day of exploring the beach and gorging on a sausage & carrot (Basil loves carrots!) he spent the afternoon curled up snoozing.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
WP_20160319_13_18_11_Pro.jpg
Yum!
WP_20160319_13_22_35_Pro.jpg
Basil's spotted the carrot treat!
WP_20160319_14_37_38_Pro.jpg
Nap time as the sun sets
WP_20160319_14_39_15_Pro.jpg

AmyB

Post by AmyB » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:10 pm

He really is such a sweet boy, and much smaller then he looks in the photos. So easy to take out on day trips too. Last weekend was a trip to Wagoners Well where he met two very polite collies and he didnt react at all. He had little interest in the ducks at the pond, his eyes were on the duck food! Really hope his forever home is round the corner :please.gif: :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
Attachments
WP_20160328_11_37_04_Pro 1-2.jpg
WP_20160326_11_42_00_Pro-2.jpg

Linda

Post by Linda » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:54 am

Basil is a really handsome boy. Great photos, especially on the beach. Read a great article extolling the virtues of Patterdales, in a famous magazine this week. They make fantastic pets, very loyal and affectionate, love exercise but equally happy to curl up on the sofa with their family. Exceptionally good to train! I love them......perfect terrier! Hope Basil is reserved soon bless him xx

Return to “3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”