Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 - 16th August 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
lucyloo

Re: Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 Guildford Kenns

Post by lucyloo »

OMG I didn't realise what a cutie Basil is. Took him into the paddock for some fun in the sun on Friday. Basil is available for adoption at the Guildford kennels.❤️This is the first time I have read his thread and I'm so sad to see how long he has been waiting..why? I love him and I don't even "do" terriers. My volunteering has changed my perception.
Here are a couple of vids..sorry not the correct format, already spent ages uploading to facebook etc.

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

More Baz funtime. I like taking him to the paddock, as he gets lots of walks out. He had a lovely mooch about sniffing all the doggy smells while I had my lunch. Then he's ready for some play and smooches.
andyrols

Post by andyrols »

A photo of the very calming influence, Basil, from yesterday.

Basil.jpg
jackierollinson

Post by jackierollinson »

Lovely riverside walk yesterday with gentleman Basil. (See above photo) he's so calm and loving. Can't think why this adorable little chap hasn't got his forever sofa! He walked beautifully with kennel friend Clover and my husband. Wasn't bothered by other dogs or humans. He's a very special little chap who loves nothing more than a cuddle and tummy tickles. love4.gif
pits

Post by pits »

Basil was easy to walk and very good and well behaved as usual. He got some much appreciated attention from a passerby and was easy going as usual. It was very hot so we did just a quick walk. I discovered that he loves some belly rubs :D Here's some pics:
1.jpg
Some salad sampling
Some salad sampling
Some rolling around
Some rolling around
4.jpg
Belly rubs
Belly rubs
6.jpg
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

I had a lovely walk with Basil yesterday. He was his usual loving self. I lay on the grass next to the canal, and had a lovely canoodle with him. We lay there for ages, having not really walked very far. He was just so happy to have this contact..it's all he needs. So he would be ideal for someone who can't walk much and wants some special terrier company. Please someone offer a retirement home for Basil.
Vicksg

Post by Vicksg »

I walked Basil for the first time today. What a treat! It was pouring with rain but he was great. He walked brilliantly and although he was interested in everything (including other dogs) he didn't react to any of them. Even when a big GSD had a bark at him. I can't believe he's been looking for his forever home for so long.
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Basil has been in the wars recently acquiring a little injury, but it didn't get him down. I always consider myself very lucky to be one of Basil's friends, he can be a bit choosey with the humans he loves but once he loves you he SUPER LOVES you. He has quite a dedicated bunch of fans who insist on his company and he's lucky enough to get fairly regular weekend foster breaks with his all time fave human Amy.
I took him out on Saturday with his new friend Sammy and they were quite the adorable terrier pair. What makes me sad is that I've known Basil for a long time now and I can see how much he has aged, he doesn't want for much, just one person to adore and a quiet life, we're very similar he and I.
JenG

Post by JenG »

Basil is a super little dog, and I was lucky enough to share a walk with him yesterday with his walker Phil when they joined Harrison, Amanda and myself. Basil loves his walker friends and before we set off he was giving Phil cuddles, such a cutie pie.

A lovely walk and basil was such a good boy! He really is a great dog with such character, and when you are "his" human he is loyal and loving.

Over the past couple of years I have watched this boy get older and greyer, waiting patiently for his forever people to come along. Surely a terrier loving family is out there perfect for this little gent?
Giving Amanda his best sit and paw! What a good boy!
Giving Amanda his best sit and paw! What a good boy!
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Basil was such a good boy last week walking with Phil and I following Jen and Harrison. His nose was to the ground all the time we had a very long walk which he loved. This little lad is such a super boy. He loves to sit and have a treat (as pictured by Jen). Come on someone out there you would love to have Basil as a companion - he is waiting.................... love4.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”