Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Terrierrescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Re: Zippy Patterdale DofB 16.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Postby Pegmilly » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Despite Zippys bravado in his kennel - he's the sweetest little boy. He has a vulnerability about him which makes him very endearing. More than anything else in the world, he wants to be cuddled and to know he's 'safe'. His quiet time in the poets hut is when he (and me) catch up on our sleep. The sun was streaming through the window, Zippy was snoring on my lap and I thought, can life get anymore more perfect than this moment. Absolutely adore this beautiful boy. X
Pegmilly

Postby Pegmilly » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:48 pm

IMG_2892.JPG
IMG_2891.JPG
IMG_2890.JPG
When I first when in to get Zippy out today, he was a pickle for me (he's never been a pickle for me before). I thought I'd let him settle down and then try again later. I realised afterwards, I'd got to kennels really early and Zippy hadn't had his breakfast when I'd tried to get him out. I'd turned up at his kennel with just a few pieces of sausage - when he was expecting his breakfast!! Silly me!!! Anyway, when I went back to get him later, he was absolutely fine. We went for our usual snooze in the poets hut - I love my time with him in there. We cuddle, I tell him what a very special boy he is, and always remind him that he is a very good boy - which he loves to be told.xx.
Pegmilly

Postby heleny » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:50 am

What more can I say about Zippy other than he is so desperate to be loved and to have his own home and people? He is just so affectionate and looks at you with his soulful eyes just begging to be adopted. Despite all the care given to him at the kennels, Zippy is not flourishing there as he gets so stressed with the proximity of the other dogs and the noise of the barking (which Zippy adds to I must say). Zippy needs an owner who will understand his frustrations and little foibles and work with him, who will smoother him in love and who will make him feel secure and comfortable. He would give so much back in return - loyalty, affection and companionship. I hope that owner finds Zippy soon especially as we all know that pretty soon the cold of the winter will make life fairly uncomfortable for him :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Last edited by heleny on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heleny

Postby Chapmania » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Zippy just melts your heart love4.gif He really isn't bothered about walks at the moment, he just wants to be loved. Zippy finds kennel life stressful and when he goes out with his walkers he just wants love and reassurance. I am sure that once he is happily settled into a loving home that he will enjoy his walks. Zippy has a really sweet nature and is so loving. I just love spending time with him love4.gif xx

20171105_124338.jpg

20171105_124459.jpg
Chapmania

Postby heleny » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:02 pm

Lovely photos of this appealing little boy - thank you. Once again, I took Zippy out of his pen and, once again, he stopped at the poet's hut and wanted treats and cuddles. I can honestly say that with this little chap the cuddles are more important than the treat. He thrives on love and affection (don't they all?) and seriously needs his own hearth and home as he does not appreciate too much the noise and clamour of the kennel block. Everything crossed that the right home comes along soon - someone who will work with Zippy and help him meet the challenges that this dear little boy faces. :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi:
heleny

Postby heleny » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:07 pm

I spent another bit of time with Zippy in the poet's hut. We both enjoyed it - how he loves his cuddles and treats. He just gazes at you with his lovely eyes and wants you to cuddle and love him. I hate putting him back in his pen as in his pen Zippy is so stressed, dashing round his pen with the passing by of every dog and barking. This can't be helped - this is kennel life and the situation can't be changed. He needs a home and an owner who will understand him and work with him to face the challenges he faces. He is a dear little dog and wants to prove to someone that he is worthy of their love and attention. [cry.gif]
heleny

Postby heleny » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:07 pm

My dearest wish - or one of them - would be for Zippy to find his forever home as soon as possible. He needs someone who will love and nurture him and who will help him cope with his worries and concerns. He continues to get stressed in kennels - kennel life does not suit dogs who find the presence of other dogs stressful and maybe intimidating. He would thrive in his own home with a careful, loving owner. He continues to enjoy attention and cuddles in the Poet's hut. I make no secret of the fact that this little dog pulls at my heart strings. [cry.gif]
heleny

Postby heleny » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:23 pm

There is really nothing more to add to my previous posts about this dear little dog. He continues to walk as far as the poet's hut and then stops, wanting to go in for cuddles and treats. His sadness shows in his eyes and his lovely little face - Zippy wants his own hearth and home with an experienced, loving owner who will help him face the challenges that Zippy faces regarding other dogs. He finds kennel life very stressful and only being in his own home will remedy that. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Postby heleny » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:17 pm

We had a very cold short walk today before stopping off at the poet's hut for cuddles and treats. This is the nearest Zippy gets to being in a house and he loves it in there. He goes back to the kennel block with great reluctance. Zippy needs a quiet home, without other pets, where he can relax and be himself - without the stress and clamour of the kennel environment. He would make an ideal little companion as he is so loving and affectionate. His needs are simple - warmth, companionship, comfort and love - like all dogs. Life is really cold at the moment and very cold in the kennel block. Zippy needs a home. [cry.gif]
heleny

Previous

Return to 3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES