Baxter Patterdale Terrier x DofB TBAss Guildford Kenns

Terrierrescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Baxter Patterdale Terrier x DofB TBAss Guildford Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:43 pm

Current Status: Available

Baxter34.JPG

Baxter's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Baxter is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Baxter is now in boarding kennels nr Guildford awaiting his new family. Baxter needs a child free environment with terrier experienced people as Baxter has bitten and doesn't like to be over fussed.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Baxter's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Baxter56.jpg
Baxter24.JPG
Baxter71.jpg
Baxter54.jpg
Baxter61.jpg
Baxter67.jpg

Baxter's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. We were asked to save Baxter's life by a behaviourist who was involved supporting Baxter's family as Baxter had bitten. She concluded Baxter's family needed a dog who would enjoy being fussed and loved...Baxter did tolerate/welcome within reason but he bit when his signals weren't heeded. A well rounded dog who needs his personal space to be respected
Baxter58.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Baxter Patterdale Terrier x DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Postby Froggie757 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:43 pm

I walked the gorgeous Baxter on Monday and it took the contents of my treat pouch before we made friends enough in his kennel for me to put his leads on and get going, by Friday when I walked him again he was like a different dog! He is a fab pooch, gave me cuddles and licks in the poets hut and when SarahK puts the pictures up from his photoshoot you'll see he is very well trained and gives a lovely 'paw' when asked.

I'm just a little bit in love with this boy and he has the most wonderful deep brown eyes, what's not to like?!
IMG_0644.JPG
My good side

IMG_0643.JPG
My other good side!

IMG_0645.JPG
Gorgeous Boy xx

IMG_0648.JPG
Cuddles in the Poet's Hut
Froggie757

Postby sweetpea » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:53 pm

He sounds like our sid ...lovely looking boy xxx
sweetpea

Postby heleny » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:17 pm

He looks lovely - I can't wait to walk him on Tuesday. blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif]
heleny

Postby Chapmania » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:51 pm

:welcome.gif: to the family Baxter love4.gif xx
Chapmania

Postby Sarahk » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:51 pm

Baxter is gorgeous love4.gif
DSC08927.JPG
DSC08928.JPG
DSC08931.JPG

Loved meeting him on Friday, we had such fun in the paddock :D

Here is his high five woo.gif]
DSC08921.JPG

And his handshake thumbs.gif
DSC08924.JPG
DSC08915.JPG
as you can see he can do both paws :goodjob.gif:
DSC08912.JPG
DSC08913.JPG
DSC08920.JPG
DSC08914.JPG
DSC08938.JPG
DSC08943.JPG
DSC08948.JPG

Top little guy love4.gif
DSC08934.JPG
cute ears !

Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby heleny » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:06 pm

I walked Baxter for the first time today and I enjoyed every minute of our walk. He is totally lovely - he allowed me to take him out of his pen with no trouble at all and then, on our return, he allowed a fellow walker who is an absolute genius with terriers, to fiddle around with his collar to make him more comfortable. He set off at a grand pace and kept that pace up throughout the walk. He is really, really lovely and I felt very comfortable around him. He reminded me abit of a Scottie dog and I therefore wonder if he has some Scottie in him. He is a lovely chap - once walked, and given treats, he settled in his bed for a rest. I have no hesitation in saying he would make a lovely little companion and hope that forever home comes along very soon. :crossfingers.gif: angel13.gif]
heleny

Postby Judy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:32 pm

I agree Baxter is a lovely little boy. I took him out for the second time today and certainly noticed a big difference in his confidence, he knew he was going out for a walk and was more than happy for me to attach his leads unlike previously when it took a little while to encourage him to leave his bed. He is a keen walker but being small is very manageable. I just love his great big pointy ears which are constantly flicking backwards and forwards listening to everything going on around him. Baxter is very easy to get out and in the kennel block, he seems to ignore the other dogs barking at him and so doesn't react at all. I really do hope Baxter finds his forever home very soon he really does deserve it. love4.gif
Judy

Postby Sarahk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:10 pm

We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby heleny » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Every once in a while a little dog arrives at Rescue Remedies who completely and absolutely captures my heart. Baxter is that little dog. I love him. He is a positive joy to walk as he walks fast and with such enjoyment; he is friendly and affectionate; and he has the cutest little face. He does need his forever home to come along as soon as possible as he does not really like the noise of the other dogs around him and he certainly needs to be warm and cosy and surrounded by love in his forever home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Postby Judy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:13 pm

I had a lovely walk with Baxter yesterday, he is an absolute joy. It is just so wonderful to see his confidence grow since he first arrived, he loves going out for his walks and enjoys all the sights and new smells. He is such an easy to manage loving boy, I really do hope he will find his forever home very soon. Kiss of love.gif
Judy

Postby heleny » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:58 pm

We don't have favourites at RR because they are all our favourites and this little terrier is certainly mine. He is so friendly, so appreciative of time spent with him. I always have to go into his pen and greet him in his basket where he is calmly lying. He enjoys his walks and walks at a very fast pace. This little fella ticks all the boxes - come on forever home as you are missing out. angel13.gif] :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
heleny

Next

Return to 3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES