Laya Patterdale x DofB ?2012 Aylesbury Bucks

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Re: Laya Patterdale DofB ?2012 Oxted spay recovery

Postby Sarahk » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:31 pm

Lovely Laya love4.gif

Nice lazy day for us today with the doors open from the lounge through the conservatory to the garden, just how I like it and so did Laya too :D

She continues to demonstrate her house training, no worries going through til 8 this morning thumbs.gif
Laya has made me chuckle a few times, you should have seen her jump when she saw the dog in the mirror in my bedroom 0002.gif] Made her jump backwards and bark but she's used to it being there now and understands that she gets cuddles and strokes every time it does !!! wink.gif

She's had her first playtime, it always feels such a privilege to see them play for the first time at home, letting their fur down and enjoying being happy and having fun, makes me sooo happy :D
First playtime followed by several more, Laya is brilliant at fetch, so gentle and brings the ball back to you everytime for another throw, how cute is that :goodjob.gif:

Had a little bark at the pidgeon sat on the bird bath and successfully chased it off !!!

Lovely walkies, nice and gentle, lovely and relaxed on the extender and totally connected to me as we walked :D

Some photos ...

First evening at mine last night...
IMG_7178.JPG
IMG_7179.JPG
Watching the athletics on the tele with me :O)

And cuddles this morning in bed love4.gif
IMG_7180.JPG

Relaxing today and enjoying the garden love4.gif
IMG_7181.JPG
IMG_7182.JPG
IMG_7183.JPG

Walkies thumbs.gif
IMG_7184.JPG
IMG_7185.JPG
IMG_7186.JPG

And more garden fun :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
IMG_7189.JPG
IMG_7190.JPG
IMG_7191.JPG
IMG_7192.JPG

And relaxing next to me indoors :smiley-gen132.gif:
IMG_7187.JPG
IMG_7188.JPG
IMG_7197.JPG

IMG_7193.JPG
Will you play with me please ?

Ofcourse I did !!!

Should also add that Laya is very good around my food, no begging and lay down on the floor as I had my dinner on my lap tonight thumbs.gif

Snuggles love4.gif
IMG_7194.JPG
IMG_7195.JPG

Garden watch !
IMG_7196.JPG

angel13.gif] love her xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby Sarahk » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Beautiful Laya enjoying a snooze after a lovely hours walk in some local woods this morning love4.gif
IMG_7258.JPG
IMG_7259.JPG

Plenty I could be doing in the garden but how can I disturb her !
angel13.gif]

As I write this she's just got off the sofa and found the strip of sunshine in my conservatory, how they all love the sunshine xxx
Sarahk

Postby Sarahk » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:17 pm

Oh I love this little lady, she's one of those dogs who feels like she's been here forever she fits in so well and is such a kind gentle calm girlie, I'm somewhat, well ok let's be honest VERY smitten love4.gif
IMG_7286.JPG

Lovely weekend with fab weather for relaxing at home and in the garden and Laya has relaxed more and more becoming more interactive and playful but still so polite and gentle, LOVE HER love4.gif

Laya has taken a fancy to the cushion...
IMG_7260.JPG
IMG_7262.JPG

And occasionally rolled over and fell off 0002.gif]
IMG_7263.JPG
Stayed there for ages though !!!

Playing with her beloved tennis ball thumbs.gif
IMG_7264.JPG
IMG_7265.JPG
IMG_7266.JPG

I should say it's all in one piece still thumbs.gif Laya loves the tennis ball the most, not that interested in the other toys and all the furry cuddly toys remain undamaged too, like I say, Laya is just so gentle love4.gif

Sleepy snuggles on the sofa last night :smiley-gen132.gif:
IMG_7267.JPG
IMG_7268.JPG
IMG_7269.JPG
IMG_7270.JPG

And wakey wakey this morning ...
IMG_7271.JPG

Laya started off on my bed last night but when I woke briefly at 2.30/3ish she'd taken herself off the bed and was happily snoozing in the dog bed in my room, and was still there this morning until I said hi and then after some stretches she jumped up to say morning !!!
angel13.gif]

Perfect sit for brekkie :D
IMG_7272.JPG

Just like so many of my fosters she enjoys her doggie breakfast and then has seconds of natural yoghurt, she loves it thumbs.gif

Trying to persuade me to play this morning !!!
IMG_7273.JPG
IMG_7274.JPG

And breakfast over taking herself into the sunshine for a spot of sunbathing !!!
IMG_7275.JPG
Laya LOVES sunbathing !!!

And ofcourse, time for her fave floor cushion...
IMG_7276.JPG
IMG_7277.JPG
I think that qualifies as a paws crossed for her home to come soon xxx
IMG_7278.JPG

Our walkies in Staffhurst woods, lovely and cool and surprisingly dry given some of the rain last week, top time had by us both :smiley-chores002.gif:
IMG_7279.JPG
IMG_7280.JPG
IMG_7281.JPG
IMG_7282.JPG
Lots of sniffing opportunities :0)
We only saw one other doggie, also on a lead, they stood aside as their boy was exciteable and Laya just meandered on by not giving the other dog a look ! Such a good girl woo.gif]

Back home and some more sunbathing !!!
IMG_7283.JPG
IMG_7284.JPG
Well if you need a rest where better than in some warm sunshine :0)

And playtime thumbs.gif
IMG_7285.JPG
Video of more playtime to follow :D

I had some gardening to do, weeding the border to be precise, Laya chose to supervise (in the sun !!!) from a distance !
IMG_7287.JPG
IMG_7288.JPG

She kept on coming to say hi, occasionally bringing me her tennis ball to throw - which I did ! Other times just to be close to me, she's a real little heart worm is Laya love4.gif

Laya was pleased when I finally came inside tonight and it was time to snuggle up close love4.gif
IMG_7292.JPG
IMG_7289.JPG
IMG_7290.JPG
IMG_7291.JPG

Such an utter sweetheart, absolutely adorable love4.gif
I have to take her back to kennels tomorrow morning, wish I didn't have to as she is little miss perfect in the house and I hope she loves being here as much as I have loved having her to stay love4.gif

:crossfingers.gif: her home comes soon, I can't believe she will be waiting long, some family will hit the jackpot with Laya xxx
Kiss of love.gif
Sarahk

Postby Sarahk » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Enjoy a video of one of our play sessions in the garden today, so good as bringing the ball back to you, Laya really is a total gem of a girl xxx

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
love4.gif
Sarahk

Postby jules » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:01 am

No wonder you're smitten Sarah, I am also bold over by your thread showing what a beautiful girl Laya is. Let's hope that someone very, very soon will pick up on what a gem this girl is. :nicethread.gif: 0093.gif love4.gif
jules

Re: Laya Patterdale DofB ?2012 Gatwick Kenns

Postby Sarahk » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:38 pm

She's easy to fall for Jules love4.gif

Here's a few photos from yesterday morning before we had to head back to the kennels...

Laya enjoying tummy rubs on my bed love4.gif
IMG_7293.JPG
IMG_7294.JPG
And dozing off !!!

Such a sweet little munchkin love4.gif

Lying on my bed with that little out-stretched paw on my leg, I love moments like these with my fosters, so special and I treasure every one love4.gif
IMG_7295.JPG
IMG_7296.JPG

Heart fill with love.gif]
Sarahk

Postby Elliesmum » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:34 pm

The more I meet Laya, the more she looks like a small Heidi! Laya is such a good girl to walk, she is very calm and very friendly. I forget she is a Terrier most of the time, she is busy on walks but not intense. Today, a squirrel popped out on front of us on the path. Laya just looked at it then carried on sniffing and pottering thumbs.gif

Laya having a break in the back of my car, but still being nosey!
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Postby KateM17 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:42 pm

I walked Laya for the first time today. She is a lovely girl. Very easy to harness, walked through the kennels very well and loves sausages! She was out on a very long walk today (as I got lost!) but she didn't seem to mind! She was interested in everything and walked at a calm steady pace. A joy to walk, sniffed a lot and was very engaging. Took her treats nicely and went back to her kennel with no interest in the other dogs either side of her. A very easy walk and such a cutie! I do hope she finds her forever home soon.
KateM17

Postby Judy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:35 pm

What gorgeous pictures of our lovely sweet Laya on her break from the kennels. She is such an adorable lovely natured girl. I took Laya out for a walk this afternoon, she is just a pleasure to be with. I cannot imagine this beautiful girl will be with us for very long, she is just so gorgeous in every way. Heart fill with love.gif]
Judy

Re: Laya Patterdale DofB ?2012 Guildford Kenns

Postby pits » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:23 pm

I met Laya earlier for the first time and like everyone else has been saying I saw what a good and easy dog she is. She's so gentle and calm, and seemed quite happy like she had no issues whatsoever with the world. She's affectionate and loves attention too. She was so much smaller than I thought she was! Here's some photos from the walk:

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

l5.jpg

l6.jpg

l7.jpg

l8.jpg
pits

Re: Laya Patterdale DofB ?2012 Guildford Kenns

Postby AliceS » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:39 am

I had the joy of walking Laya on Bank Holiday Monday and she is an absolute darling. She walked really calmly not bothered by other dogs along the way. She was so connected the whole walk, always having a quick look back at me. Unfortunately I am not allowed to have a dog in the house I rent otherwise I would have homed Laya in a heartbeat!!
AliceS

PreviousNext

Return to Dogs Rehomed