Penny (Poppy) Fell Terrier DofB 03.2018 Middlesex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Penny (Poppy) Fell Terrier DofB 03.2018 Middlesex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF0918.jpgpoppy.jpg
Poppy's Story: Poppy is a Fell Terrier by breed and by character. She has so far found herself within families who are not 'Terrier aware', so they were not able to support her dog encounters whilst outside walking. Rescue Remedies offered her a Rescue place, saving her life. Poppy jumped through five homes before she came to us. We are looking for a terrier-experienced family who will 'get' her terrier nature, and can give her safety and security while she develops better dog skills (and beyond), so she can flourish and be admired for the fabulous little girl Terrier she is. Poppy is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations in progress. Poppy is in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst she awaits her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF0926.jpgpoppy.jpg
DSCF0935.jpgpoppy.jpg
DSCF0933.jpgpoppy.jpg
Poppy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Owner's vet contacted us... they had had Poppy for two weeks and she was too much for them - and they were her 5th home. She was only 10 months old and needed an urgent Rescue place.
anne

Re: Poppy Fell Terrier DofB 03.2018 Gatwick kenns

Post by anne »

What a sweetie. Poppy is very people friendly and loves a cuddles especially as she is a worried little girl at finding herself in kennels. She does bark when she sees other dogs so will need support to help her nerves around other dogs.
DSCF0940.jpgpoppy.jpg
This is her post sausage face. I think she likes sausages!
This is her post sausage face. I think she likes sausages!
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Poppy love4.gif I had the pleasure of meeting and walking Poppy in the week. Poppy gave me a lovely welcome as I entered her kennel. As Poppy had only been spayed the previous day we just had a nice gentle walk. Poppy walks well on the lead and although has had a few homes, she has had a degree of training as she sat automatically when she saw the bag of sausages come out of my pocket 0002.gif] Not a fan of other dogs and barked when she saw dogs walking towards her. A typical terrier girl who was busy out on her walk surveying all around her, her eyes constantly scanning for anything that moved. A squirrel made a brief appearance which Poppy would have been off like a shot chasing had I not had a firm hold of her leads. Not only is Poppy beautiful but she has a beautiful nature too. I really hope that a terrier experience home will be offered to Poppy where she will be loved and cherished. allowed to settle and can bring the best out of her. In the right hands this gorgeous girl has so much to offer. Love her love4.gif xx
heleny

Post by heleny »

Poppy was my first walk of the day and what a pleasure it was to meet her. She so enjoys all the sniffs and the interesting things outside. At one point she surprised me as she stopped mid track and literally threw herself into my arms for a cuddle. She is a dear little thing who would really respond to training. Hopefully someone will home her soon and give her all the love and time she deserves. :smiley-bounce016.gi: angel13.gif]
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we had a great little walk taking poppy out with parker - poppy started off a bit barky leaving the kennels and was pulling to be nearer to parker all barking stopped when she got near the confident parker and we did not hear another peep out of her the whole walk just v happy to be walking with him - a sweet little pup with great potential
P1020742.JPG
dymphnae

Re: Poppy Fell Terrier DofB 03.2018 Guildford kenns

Post by dymphnae »

I met Poppy for the first time today and see she has so much potential. Her social skills do need improving but she's really responsive to voice and treats, and is eager to learn and to please. With the right family and training she'll settle and flourish in no time at all. She's gorgeous, easy-going and loves to cuddle. Form an orderly queue!
Jojokate

Re: Poppy Fell Terrier DofB 03.2018 Guildford kenns

Post by Jojokate »

So pleased Poppy. You look like Bobby (Cookie) sister Heart fill with love.gif]
Jojo18

Re: Poppy Fell Terrier DofB 03.2018 Middlesex

Post by Jojo18 »

Im so pleased to say our Poppy Puppy is Homed !!
Paul a very experienced patterdale owner arrived today to meet the young girl as he is now ready to give another rescue dog a home .
Poppy will thrive with company and training and Paul is committed to helping this young pup achieve her full potential !
rps20190207_222219_068.jpg
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

That is the CUTEST picture, fun and games galore for Paul woo.gif]
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Wonderful news woo.gif] Be happy Poppy love4.gif xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”