Maxy Small Parson's JRT DofB 03.17 Gatwick Kenns

Terrierrescue dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
Jim Thomas

Re: Maxy Small Parson's JRT DofB 03.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jim Thomas » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:05 pm

Sunday was a good day for a walk with Maxy. Maxy hunted out some treats I had hidden for him in the truck Then we started of at a good pace and brought the speed and energy level down to a speed that was calm and relaxed. Maxy walks very nicely once calm and is very interested in all around him (in a good way) We had a little sprint which he enjoyed more than I did but he didn't get under my feet once. Maxy is a friendly chap and is always entertained by nature. However it was now getting hot and Maxy started to head for home so back to H.Q. and as soon as Maxy was in his kennel he enjoyed a good drink and some treats.
Cheers Maxy for getting this old man to run. Well done.
20180805_103112.jpg

heleny

Post by heleny » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Lovely photo of this endearing little terrier. 0093.gif :thanks.gif: Maxy and I went for a fast walk through the wood. He is a great little chap and enjoys walking with other dogs - at one point we followed Buster and Frankie but Maxie soon showed them that his little legs could go faster than their long ones. Once back at the kennels we went into the paddock and Maxy had a great time retrieving balls I threw for him before settling down by my chair for a head stroke which he loves. Grand little chap. Let's hope he gets his home soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

heleny

Post by heleny » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Maxy and I shared another lovely walk today and just about managed to avoid the rain. He was more than ready to come out of his pen (this is a terrier who is very clean and incredibly house trained) and enjoyed his time in the woods, going along at a fast rate. He is a clever, discerning little dog - very young and full of energy and just needs to be out exploring. He is a dear little chap who really does need his own home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:49 pm

This video will set all your dogs off!

Maxy adores dog and yes meeting Roxie he is licking her through the fence then tries to paw her through the fence!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:55 am

Lovely video love4.gif

Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Maxi was my second walk today and although I had a short amount of time with this charming chap, we covered a lot of ground.
At the start of the walk Maxi can pull a bit but once he's had a chance to settle and realize that it's much nicer to walk rather than run. he walks really well. I find if I rustle my treat bag when walking him he looks up and that's the key to easing his speed down. When he's looking up and watching me he walks very well and concentrates on commands. Another trick I use to gain a dogs concentration is to weave though small trees and things as this also makes them watch the handler rather than pull or they get wrapped up in stuff. (this works best with a clever dog)
Maxi is a loving dog with a great personality, he is very smart and tenacious.
I enjoy my time with Maxi as his lust for life is a joy and a gift. This wonderful dog is great fun and always makes me grin.
20180826_104316.jpg

Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Maxy was pleased to see me today and was up for spending some energy so off we went. He soon settled down to a good walking speed and was good at staying and waiting. He is however a high energy dog so off to the paddock for messing about chasing balls.
Maxy is very fast and is great at returning what's been thrown.
After messing about time in the paddock we walked awhile until Maxy decided it was time for home.
He devoured his treats and had a sit down for a bit. He rewarded me by give me a licky hug.

Faultless high speed cornering.
Cheers for a great walk Maxy.
20180902_113743.jpg
Fast reflexes.
20180902_113759.jpg
Great at catching.
20180902_113709.jpg

heleny

Post by heleny » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:48 am

Maxy was more than ready for his walk yesterday and loved every minute of being outside. I now have him on an extending lead so he can enjoy a bit more freedom in the woods - Maxy likes to walk fast and to go far! This would calm down with more regular exercise and more companionship. He was very pleased to see me yesterday but didn't really have time for a proper greeting as he was so anxious to get out. He is a little dog who really needs to find the right home asap. :crossfingers.gif:

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Cant believe this lovely boy hasnt found a home yet xxx

Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Maxy welcomed me with licks and hugs. He was calm from the start today and settled fast. He likes to make good time on his walk but after awhile likes to sniff and discover new things.
Maxy enjoys a sit down to watch birds and other animals, He's very happy to fetch the ball and runs with great speed. He has learnt to return the ball.
When along the roadside he walks well and will sit and wait for a break in traffic.
I enjoy my walks with Maxy as he always listens to commands.
Thanks for a great walk, very calm and controlled today.

Maxy Calmly watches a Magpie.
20180916_101420.jpg
Calmly waiting for his next command.
20180916_101723.jpg

Return to “3. TERRIERRESCUE / RESCUE REMEDIES”