Rescue Remedies Diary December 2016 - March 2017

A behind the scenes look at our work
xxlynne

Re: Rescue Remedies Diary December 2016 - February 2017

Post by xxlynne » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Weekly Summary Week ending 19.03.17

Our Longstay close friends who waited over a year in Rescue before they even came to us
Charlie99.JPG
Charlie AmBull
ZaylaDuke41.JPG
Zayla & Duke
Annie4.JPG
Annie
Shadow76.jpg
Shadow
Maisie155.jpg
Maisie
BigBruce3 (1).jpg
BigBruce
Tansy86.JPG
Tansy
Homings 9: Molly (Winnie) RR 15 Izzy TR 15 Maizie SR 17 Buddie SR 17 Bertie SR 18 Trevor SR 18 Kula Lizzie RR 18 Larkin RR 19 Scamp TR 19

Gone Reserved: Sebby RR & Blue RR

Homing picture of the week!
Trevorhomed2.jpg
Trevor's Thread

Fostering
Into Permanent this week: Gwilym RR Rosemerry SR
Temporary Foster: Fudge SR Budds SR
Short Week: Barley TR Arthur TR TimmyTim RR
Overnight: Jordon RR Hector SR Lester TR Skye RR
Return from Foster:

Intake 9: New 9: Lucky SR 14 Lola SR 15 Lizzie RR 15 Jack TR 18 Flint TR 19 George TR 19 Polly TR 19 Chance SR 19 Spice RR 19

Comments: It felt a 999 week 9 in ... 9 out and 9 onto our waiting list. Working in hospitals most of my life I am used to the spinning wheel which serves well, but never concludes its business. A busy hive of bussyness. :goodjob.gif: A joyous week when we're seeing brilliant families stepping forwards for our dogs. We haven't had the frustrating potential homings which fizzle into thin air so Dianna's energy has been used to full effect, productively and she personally can sit back and take credit for the achievements of the week as in fact we all can. Our Rescue is a well oiled machine which runs smoothly, in harmony and serves our dogs very well.

Things are moving closer to my personal purchase of Gatwick Kennels we are about to exchange contracts and should be all settled before May. Its going to be a mad summer of taking stock and getting accustomed to being on site of one of our 4 volunteer clusters. It will be a quantum leap as it forces me out of the car and we will be seeking people who are able to do spontaneous transport runs to make it all happen for our dogs: This I will no longer be able to do. I am beyond exhausted so really need a change of lifestyle and to take stock, to improve our lot for our dogs providing them with stability

AND any offers for Easter Foster places ...we're planning so let us know

Our Stats 2017: 104 dogs

xxlynne

Rescue Remedies Diary December 2016 - March 2017

Post by xxlynne » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:56 pm

Weekly Summary Week ending 26.03.17

The beauty of our dogs & their relationships with our walkers:
JacquiC's study of Marley
Marley83.jpg
Marley82.jpg
Marley101.jpg
Marley87.jpg
SarahK's study of Fredds
Fredds94.JPG
Fredds96.JPG
Fredds97.JPG
Fredds98.JPG
Johan/ Pip's study of Spice
Spice5.jpg
Spice33.jpg
Spice7.jpg
Spice6.jpg
Spice14.jpg
Spice12.jpg
Homings 7: Blue AmB 21 Sebby RR 21 Chey SR 21 Ava TR 25 Huey SR 26 Sandy SR 26 Toffee TR 26

Trial Adoption: Lloyd RR

Homing picture of the week!
Avahomed42.JPG
Ava Maria
Ava's Thread

Fostering
Into Permanent this week: Budds SR Izzy TR Mungo SR
Temporary Foster:
Short Week: Barley TR Arthur TR TimmyTim RR Polly TR Hank RR Lola SR
Overnight: Jordon RR Hector SR Lester TR Skye RR
Return from Foster: Sheldon TR Fudge SR

Intake 1: New 1: Smithy SR 20

Comments: We have many Motto's in our Rescue One of them is If not me who... in other words the buck stops here we unpack the situation and learn and progress and achieve the right outcome. If I dont accept and offer the help, then I'm just asking someone else to provide this, and our dog bounces on and on.

We as a Rescue, our mission, is to save dogs lives and then rebuild them ready for their new lives. Our energy goes there! We offer a chain of care with our adopters, with them as the most vital part of the chain of care. Where Rescue is misunderstood, is when the retail or business model is applied. We are a charity. We invest in our dogs and our homers pick up from where we have brought our dogs to and take them further within their secure family unit. We are not M&S: Our dogs are homeless, with an impoverished background, they have no surety. They have been through an ordeal, are ill equip for achieving a well rounded life. We are there NOT to assess how short our dogs fall from "an ideal well rounded dog" and condemn them. Many rescues judge the dog and pass some condem most. They do it on entry and deny entry are accept then kill. No we are there to see and appreciate our dogs, admire, and offer what help our dogs need, to pick up with them to support them to develop confidence and trust. Confidence and trust is where it is all at. We work from within and we give time, befriend and our dogs emerge within the safety of our love. Surety is what we offer.

This week we had to get our Chessington dogs down to 8 + Benson. We have achieved it thanks to the continued support we receive from our friends who own the Guildford kennels. Intense pressure on our waiting list is there but truth is we do not have available kennels.

Our Stats 2017: 99 dogs

xxlynne

Re: Rescue Remedies Diary December 2016 - March 2017

Post by xxlynne » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:25 pm

Rescue Remedies Diary of the Month for March 2017

Our Dogs of the Month for April 17 Each one really deserves that special chance

Rescue Remedies
KiraFeb6.jpg
Kira
Kira RR's thread

StaffieRescue
SimonDixie37.JPG
Simon & Dixie
Simon & Dixie's Thread

AmBulldogRescue
Edie36.jpg
Edie
Edie's Thread

Terrierrescue
Jack94.jpg
Jack
Jack's Thread

PatterdaleTerrierrescue
Lester71.jpg
Lester
Lester's Thread

March 16
Intake/ Dogs saved 26 : 23 + 3 Returns
Terrierrescue 7: 6 Oscar TR 6 PipSqueak TR 8 Jack TR 18 Flint TR 19 George TR 19 Polly TR 19
Return 1: Izzy TR 25

Rescueremedies 8: 8 Alfredo RR 1 Lloyd RR 3 Winnie RR 3 Troy RR 4 Betty RR 4 Lizzie RR 15 Spice RR 19 Blue AmBull 3

Staffierescue 11: 9Bronx SR 3 Briony SR 5 Stella SR 5 Fudge SR 9 Lucky SR 14 Lola SR 15 Chance SR 19 Smithy SR 20 Lily SR 27
Return 2: Bertie SR 28 Sandy SR 29

March Dogs homed: 24
Terrierrescue 3: Izzy TR 15 Ava TR 25 Toffee TR 26

Rescueremedies 7: Hugo RR 1 Digby RR 8 Molly (Winnie) RR 15 Kula Lizzie RR 18 Moose Larkin RR 19 Sebby RR 21 Blue Amb 21

Staffierescue 14: Elsa SR 4 Clover SR 5 Mitch SR 6 Leonie SR 10 Tessa SR 10 Lexi SR 10 Bronx SR 12 Maizie SR 17 Buddie SR 17 Bertie SR 18 Trevor SR 18 Chey SR 21 Huey SR 26 Sandy SR 26

Celebrating our HOMED Longstay Dogs in March:

Longer than 6 months
Hugo30.JPG
Hugo
Hugo's Thread
Toffee41.jpg
Toffee
Toffee[/size]

Longer than 1 year
Clover (3).jpg
Clover
Clover's Thread